Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
14 year old DD does not want to get vaccinated
  Previous  1  2  3  4 25  26  27  Next

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 7:54 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
If you mean that literally, sue the government for endangering your life.

Rule of thumb: Only sue people who are not trillions in debt.

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:02 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Some things are facts of life. Vaccines are one of them. You're born, you get ur shots. Like it or not. A child is not smart enough to know whats good for her yet.

Does OP also ask her daughter if she wants earrings? Or did she take that newborn and stab holes in her ears at 2 days old? I think I know the answer to that one...

Um, what? Getting ears pierced is not in any way comparable to getting vaccinated. Many parents do not “stab holes” in their newborn’s ears at 2 days old for precisely the reason of being able to get the daughter’s opinion about it when she is older. Vaccinating is for health.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:10 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
Um, what? Getting ears pierced is not in any way comparable to getting vaccinated. Many parents do not “stab holes” in their newborn’s ears at 2 days old for precisely the reason of being able to get the daughter’s opinion about it when she is older. Vaccinating is for health.

Sorry for being unclear. Im saying, the same parents who dont give their kids choices about 90% of their lives are suddenly listening to their 14 year olds' opinions on major health issues.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:15 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Sorry for being unclear. Im saying, the same parents who dont give their kids choices about 90% of their lives are suddenly listening to their 14 year olds' opinions on major health issues.

Who is giving the 14 year old the choice?

sarahmalka

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 8:24 pm
Sorry you're going through this with your daughter. Do you think she would be more receptive to get guidance from a naturopathic doctor who can reassure your DD and provide advice of how to support the body through the shots (and help her with this anxiety)? Maybe she'd be more open to hearing from someone outside the mainstream medical community (but someone who is still pro getting this vaccination). PM me if you want, maybe I can connect you with a qualified person. Again this would not be a Dr to give the vaccine but rather someone who can let your DD feel heard and feel empowered to make the correct medical decision of getting the injection with support.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 9:57 pm
From a parenting perspective only. You cant force a child that age to have a medical intervention against their will. It will permanently destroy the parent child relationship from having healthy trust. I would be concerned at the extremity of the reaction and possible anxiety disorder. I would be concerned how friends could make her this degree of influence and hysteria. I think the only way to get her to get the vaccine is to take her seriously. Listen to her. Research naturpathic doctors together who support vaccination in healthy children. Bringing in Dr 's who arent mainstream but have a more balanced view on this topic will probably help more that standard routes. Nebach that she is crying thinking of her siblings coming to harm. Maybe tell her that your family seems to process shots well because none of you have had bad reactions to them.

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 10:27 pm
Such thoughtful, excellent responses.
Did your daughter receive her childhood vaccines? Can you talk to her logically about her development given that she was vaccinated?

Does she know any autistic children?

Is she anxious is any other areas of her life?

forever21

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 11:01 pm
Perhaps this is her way of asserting her independence . Tell her she needs to find another way.
Whether to vaccinate or not is not up to her, it’s up to the parents (and the school )

Israeli_C

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 11:44 pm
What vaccinations does she still need at 14 years old??

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:18 am
Israeli_C wrote:
What vaccinations does she still need at 14 years old??

That's my question too???

chanatron1000

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:31 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
That's my question too???

Meningitis, maybe tetanus boosters.

aricelli

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:39 am
I’m confused about the meningitis vaccine: is that for everyone? For some reason I thought my children got that prior to sleepawaycamp? Also- I thought it was one of the optional ones?
Eta- maybe my kids started camp
At the recomended age for that shot.

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 1:39 am
Weird, everyone in my school got the MMR at 12 years old and that was that

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 3:46 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
OP should show her daughter images of a person who has lost all 4 limbs due to meningitis, as well as a little child in an iron lung, and that image of that poor baby with measles that circulated weeks back. There's nothing like a visual image to have a lasting impact. Let her see how innocent these diseases truly are.

I know a boy who lives in CH, who had meningitis as an infant and lost his hands and feet. While most people survive measles intact, I don't think happy endings are as common with bacterial meningitis and even the staunchest anti-vaxers can't claim that there is any benefit in contracting this very serious infection.

ETA: anti-vaxers are known to use bullying and underhanded tactics; one of which could be targeting and frightening children.

oneofakind

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 9:12 am
When the school starts giving her a hard time it'll be easier to deal with.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 9:47 am
oneofakind wrote:
When the school starts giving her a hard time it'll be easier to deal with.

It would benefit many kids to have an assembly where the health department sends someone to explain vaccines to the students.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 9:58 am
Israeli_C wrote:
Weird, everyone in my school got the MMR at 12 years old and that was that

Wow, have you not heard that vaccines are added to the schedule ALL. THE. TIME? We dont just spew nonsense. Reality. HPV is new. 9 new vaccines to adult schedule.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 9:58 am
WhatFor wrote:
This but also explain that propaganda is sometimes used by foreign powers to target a population so that more people get sick and die. Explain that we don't know the source of this but it is obviously someone with a vested interest in seeing either more Americans or more Jews die. She seems to be motivated by fear so hopefully this combined with seeing nothing happened to her siblings will prove what a lie this propaganda is.

It's actually quite the opposite, watch Bill Gates talking how vaccines are being used to lower the population especially in 3 Rd world countries. Look it up and hear it from himself.

Africa doesn't want vaccines, Africa wants access to clean water.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 10:00 am
southernbubby wrote:
I know a boy who lives in CH, who had meningitis as an infant and lost his hands and feet. While most people survive measles intact, I don't think happy endings are as common with bacterial meningitis and even the staunchest anti-vaxers can't claim that there is any benefit in contracting this very serious infection.

ETA: anti-vaxers are known to use bullying and underhanded tactics; one of which could be targeting and frightening children.

I see you comment on every single vaccine thread. your name and icon stand out, in addition to the way you comment. How about instead of saying non vaxxers do ___ and ____, you can look up information and reply with an informative response. Post credible information to dispute what a non vaxxer says and will see if you have something to back these phrases.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 10:15 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I see you comment on every single vaccine thread. your name and icon stand out, in addition to the way you comment. How about instead of saying non vaxxers do ___ and ____, you can look up information and reply with an informative response. Post credible information to dispute what a non vaxxer says and will see if you have something to back these phrases.

Which are you, pro or anti? If you are pro, I'll be glad to accept your help.
Page 3 of 27   Previous  1  2  3  4 25  26  27  Next Recent Topics