Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Peleg Yerushalayim protests?
1  2  Next

aquad

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 11:11 pm
Are there going to be more protests today? Where and what time?
I need to get back in time to pick up my kids.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 11:17 pm
IDK about Peleg protests, but see if you can find out where the ones from the Ethiopian sector are going to be today .

Israeli_C

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 11:49 pm
It's the Ethiopians who were stirring up a riot yesterday. Took DH forever to get home Sad
I'm just glad haredim didn't do it, or else everyone would be bashing us again

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 11:53 pm
There was some sort of protest in Yerushalayim last night Geula area (again Can't Believe It )
No idea what who why

etky

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:03 am
Israeli_C wrote:
It's the Ethiopians who were stirring up a riot yesterday. Took DH forever to get home Sad

There was a Peleg riot too in Jerusalem - protesting the arrest of one of their cohorts, as usual.
However, it paled a million times compared to the Ethiopian riots which just keep getting worse as the hours go by.
Complete anarchy. Unbelieveable.

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:10 am
etky wrote:
There was a Peleg riot too in Jerusalem - protesting the arrest of one of their cohorts, as usual.
However, it paled a million times compared to the Ethiopian riots which just keep getting worse as the hours go by.
Complete anarchy. Unbelieveable.

It was scary. I hope they stop, because setting fire to cars and attacking police isn't exactly following in the way of Martin Luther King....

grace413

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:13 am
Israeli_C wrote:

Ethiopians in Tel Aviv, haredim in Jerusalem and all it really accomplishes is seriously inconveniencing people trying to get home.

Although I haven't delved deeply into the subject I can understand the anger the Ethiopians are feeling. That police officer might have been a bit too quick on the trigger.

etky

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:14 am
Israeli_C wrote:
It was scary. I hope they stop, because setting fire to cars and attacking police isn't exactly following in the way of Martin Luther King....

Today they have scheduled riots at Azrieli, at the entrance to Jerusalem, Kvish Hachof and other areas.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:16 am
You can call 110 - the police information line to know at any time what areas around the country are blocked off due to protests.

grace413

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:17 am
etky wrote:
Today they have scheduled riots at Azrieli, at the entrance to Jerusalem, Kvish Hachof and other areas.

"scheduled riots" - sounds a bit weird to me.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:17 am
Police said they are expecting ethiopian protests to go through the entire shiva - sooo...for the next 5-6 days.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:21 am
Shout out to all those RBS folk

I was supposed to meet a friend for coffee yesterday afternoon. She was coming from Jerusalem to Bet Shemesh. She got off the bus at Hartuv A and started walking. I was walking towards her and we met at the protest themselves and continue to BIG. Took her about 30-40 minutes.

Absolutely ridiculous.
She said on the way back the 417 went to every neighborhood in the city, then BACKWARDS to go through the back roads near Nes Harim. Getting to Jerusalem near Gilo and then doing a whole balagan to go to Knisa La'ir. Took her about 1.5 hours.

DH works american hours in Jerusalem. He said coming back at night there were tens of abandoned cars on the road at like 2 AM

etky

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:27 am
grace413 wrote:
"scheduled riots" - sounds a bit weird to me.

Ok, scheduled 'demonstrations' that will predictably turn into riots.....

DrMom

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:29 am
The protests were all over the country.

I don't know how much of this is being initiated by the Ethiopian community, and how much is being initiated by political agitators.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:33 am
My heart goes out to the bereaved family and friends - lo aleinu.

But how does inconveniencing the rest of the country help anyone? They're also innocent.

etky

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 12:33 am
grace413 wrote:
Ethiopians in Tel Aviv, haredim in Jerusalem and all it really accomplishes is seriously inconveniencing people trying to get home.

Although I haven't delved deeply into the subject I can understand the anger the Ethiopians are feeling. That police officer might have been a bit too quick on the trigger.

Sure. But let's not turn a blind eye to the involvement of radical left-wing organizations in these riots or to the political objectives that they hope to achieve by creating civil unrest.
Also, I have no compassion for people who injure others (111 policemen and some civilians including a pregnant woman), destroy property and create dangerous conditions for hundreds of thousands of regular citizens just going about their daily lives, instead of demonstrating in a more controlled manner.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 2:06 am
FYI: Many protests are starting at 15:30 today.

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 2:09 am
DrMom wrote:
FYI: Many protests are starting at 15:30 today.

Oy. There goes my trip to Azrieli...

abound

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 2:21 am
anything near the moddiin area?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 2:34 am
I'm in Yerushalayim and I have to be in Bet Shemesh at 6:30
When do I leave?
Am I crazy for attempting this at all?
I have no extra time for sitting in crazy traffic and leaving my kids unnecessarily
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions