Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Camp Bnos Maarava

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 9:35 pm
I want to know about Bnos Maarava. We are OOT yeshivish in the midwest and I am thinking about where to send my daughter to sleepaway camp when the time comes.

We want a very frum camp without pressure. No peer pressure to be in style and have expensive things. Really nice not clickly or judgemental girls.

What can you tell me about Maarava? TIA.

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 11:38 am
First off, you should know that camp dynamics change. So I don't know how far ahead you are thinking.... My son attended a camp that went from being a camp with a lot of out of town kids to being a very popular camp with a very specific trendy in-town clientele within a few summers.
Second off, there is no such thing as a camp (or any other situation!) without the things you are mentioning. There are always going to be girls (and boys) who are nice, some not so nice. There are always going to be girls who own more stylish and "in" items/clothes, and girls who have less.... so if you are looking for utopia....please post when you find it!

That being said, I believe Maarava gets more of an east coast crowd than some of the other camps. I think they even have a bus from Lakewood ( I think)-- So it definitely has more of an in-town feel.

9mother

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 11:39 am
It is exactly what you are looking for! Enjoy . Talking from first hand. Great place for the right kind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children