Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Totally clean movies my kids can watch
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Stars

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:35 am
Wonder is great but I think the older sister has a boyfriend.

little neshamala

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:38 am
OP, go to kidsinmind.com and type in any movie. It will rate it as far as violence, languages and romance/s-xuality, and will have a big in depth essay about every little thing that occurs in the movie. Literally. If theres a kiss, theyll mention it. If a womans skirt hikes up for a split second, theyll mention it. If a child calls another one a poopy brain, they'll mention it.
Its a terrific resource

monseymom25

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 7:40 am
I let my kids see movies or shows that I believe are appropriate and I think you will never find a movie that fits these criteria. A hug or a hand up over a bridge a kiss o n the cheek aren't considered unclean or inappropriate and no movie will be without that. Also many movies that come close have women singing (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). And nowadays most childrens movies, even animated or animals, etc.. have subtle or not so subtle innuendos to romantic or s-xual things to make them more interesting the adults who bring the kids them.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:32 am
Home alone is really not clean at all. There's plenty of hugging, kissing, bad language...

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:44 am
American girl movies are supposed to be clean.
I haven't watched them all but I know that Samantha is clean.

urban gypsy

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:39 am
little neshamala wrote:
OP, go to kidsinmind.com and type in any movie. It will rate it as far as violence, languages and romance/s-xuality, and will have a big in depth essay about every little thing that occurs in the movie. Literally. If theres a kiss, theyll mention it. If a womans skirt hikes up for a split second, theyll mention it. If a child calls another one a poopy brain, they'll mention it.
Its a terrific resource

I use commonsensemedia, but sometimes they are way off
Do you find kidsinmind is more reliable?

urban gypsy

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:40 am
WitchKitty wrote:
Wall-e doesn't teach great middos.

How so???

urban gypsy

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:40 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Because watching men in their forties grope a young female child is totally fine. Can't Believe It

Um what? I've seen that movie many times and don't understand what you are referring to?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:54 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
American girl movies are supposed to be clean.
I haven't watched them all but I know that Samantha is clean.

That true. Samantha is a beautiful movie( it does have romance in it though- the cousin has a girl friend whom he marries at the end)).

aquad

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:54 am
I really liked Homeward Bound as a child.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 11:03 am
urban gypsy wrote:
Um what? I've seen that movie many times and don't understand what you are referring to?

Shirley Temple has publicly said she was abused and harassed through out her childhood.
Almost all of the movies she stars in she is a orphan of sorta and is adopted by an older man.

Do you honestly not see anything creepy or worrying about an entire song where there's a bunch of older men handling a female child?

urban gypsy

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 11:10 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Shirley Temple has publicly said she was abused and harassed through out her childhood.

I was totally confused and thought you were referring to Mary Poppins!
Thanks for clarifying, yes it's totally creepy
I had no idea that she was abused throughout her childhood!!! Where did you read that?

chipmunks

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 11:16 am
My kids are b'H extremely sheltered but have seen a few things. They were so terrified by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that at least two of them (one of them I think 8 or 9 at the time) came to me separately and asked me to please tell the relative who was showing it to them that it was not okay for them. They said it was too scary while watching and this person naively laughed it off. So I guess it also depends on what they're used to.

little neshamala

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 11:25 am
urban gypsy wrote:
I use commonsensemedia, but sometimes they are way off
Do you find kidsinmind is more reliable?

Yes, way better than commonsensemedia.
Theyre so extremely detailed about every possible negative thing in the movie its almost laughable.

urban gypsy

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 11:27 am
little neshamala wrote:
Yes, way better than commonsensemedia.
Theyre so extremely detailed about every possible negative thing in the movie its almost laughable.

Wow that's amazing!!! Thank you so much for pointing that out
I often find that overall clean and positive movies are completely ruined by a 30 second scene or several AWFUL words.... it drives me crazy Banging head

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 11:36 am
My standards are not as strict, so I can't really help you. Common Sense Media is helpful, but they probably won't list something like hand holding as part of "mild romance". Kids in mind I think is Xtian, so they're helpful about religious sensibilities (though be careful, because of course they'll be very positive about anything with strong Xtian messages). One thing I would advise, DO NOT assume that older movies are better. Always pre-screen for yourself. There's a common perception that more stuff is acceptable today than in times past, but rating systems are much stricter than they used to be. For example, the PG-13 designation didn't exist until the 90s, so an older movie that's rated PG might not actually be so PG. With newer things, it's generally easier to know what to nix right off the bat.

little neshamala

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:00 pm
Also kidinmind lets you search for movies by rating. So you can put in a 1 star for romance and it will only show u movies like that, and then u read the description for exactly what made it that star. They include every. Last. Detail. (A man winks at a woman as she passes on the street. A boy tells his classmate that he likes that she looks nice in her dress. A woman and man hold hands as they walk on the boardwalk) that kind of detailed

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:03 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Aren't the Home Alone series completely clean?

What about the complete animated Tintin series?

Home alone has bad language!

sarahiam

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:27 pm
I loved the Care Bears growing up

also (as has been said) marry poppins, my little pony

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:37 pm
chipmunks wrote:
My kids are b'H extremely sheltered but have seen a few things. They were so terrified by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that at least two of them (one of them I think 8 or 9 at the time) came to me separately and asked me to please tell the relative who was showing it to them that it was not okay for them. They said it was too scary while watching and this person naively laughed it off. So I guess it also depends on what they're used to.

The Johnny Depp version was creepy. I can't blame your kids!

The 1971 Gene Wilder film "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" is a much better film (although it features girls singing so that might not work for you).
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics