Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Amisragas - Israel
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 5:17 am
I am having trouble with my Gas. I dont get my bills. They just dont arrive. However much I complain they just dont send them. I know I am not the only one since some of my friends complained about the same issue.
I only find out about my bill once they turn off the gas.
All complaints fall on def ears and this keeps on happening every half yr.
Is there anywhere ese I can comlain about this? Any ministry or something.
I feel like I had enough!!!!!

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 5:28 am
Can you get your bill by email?
(I do not know if this is an option; my DH deals with the utility bills).

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 5:34 am
And my bills are through the roof!
What is a normal amount for a 4 room (2 bedroom) apartment?

My Hebrew is not great and I'm hoping they're not taking advantage...

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:26 am
Can you post a photo of the shut off notice, and black out any personal information? Something here seems odd

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:31 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Can you get your bill by email?
(I do not know if this is an option; my DH deals with the utility bills).

This. Almost everything can be done online these days. We get our bills via email.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 6:59 am
We also get our bills via email. But why are her bills so high?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:59 am
I didnt even get a notice. Today I saw my gas was shut, I called them and they told me I didnt pay. My bill is 4000 shekel. Dont even know where to take the money from. Since my CC is not from Israel they wont even let me do tashlumim.
It's basically 650 shekel a month when I use it only for cooking not even hotwater.

Aylat

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didnt even get a notice. Today I saw my gas was shut, I called them and they told me I didnt pay. My bill is 4000 shekel. Dont even know where to take the money from. Since my CC is not from Israel they wont even let me do tashlumim.
It's basically 650 shekel a month when I use it only for cooking not even hotwater.

That sounds way too much.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:06 am
I know. But they wouldnt hear of anything. Told them they should send someone down to see what could cause it. They dont wanna send nobody b4 wednesday Crying
Am going off my mind. Dont know how to fight it since am really bad at fighting.

BadTichelDay

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:33 am
650 shekel just for cooking can't be right, unless you run a restaurant or a soup kitchen. Could there be a leak somewhere, outside? Or could someone be stealing your gas with some sort of pirate connection? Are you accidentally paying for the whole building?
We use just gas balloons for cooking and a small one for about 150 shekels (dh pays them so I don't know the exact price) lasts for at least 2 months or so.

camp123

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:34 am
Doesn't seem right. Do you know any Israelis that can call them for you. They will be more responsive to someone who talks Hebrew like an Israeli.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:42 am
BadTichelDay wrote:
650 shekel just for cooking can't be right, unless you run a restaurant or a soup kitchen. Could there be a leak somewhere, outside? Or could someone be stealing your gas with some sort of pirate connection? Are you accidentally paying for the whole building?
We use just gas balloons for cooking and a small one for about 150 shekels (dh pays them so I don't know the exact price) lasts for at least 2 months or so.

I was also thinking that someone might be stealing but how will I know that?
Have to wait until wednesday will see what happens next.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:01 am
Waiting for the technician to come. Have been waiting since 8 and sitting without gas for the past 2 days. Running out of what to feed my baby since cant cook Crying
Was wondering, do theyy even have a right to shut off my gas without putting a notice or something? I only found out once I started cookind and stove didnt work.

myname1

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:26 am
Yeah, that sounds really high. I just got a bill for 180 NIS for 2 months. I use gas for cooking and heating water for baths.

yerushamama

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:29 am
Have you checked with your neighbors about how they get their bills and how much they pay? If you are renting, could the bills be going to the owner or to a previous tenant?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:37 am
The technician just left. He said there is nothing he sees. He said could be that my junker was by mistake open. IT WAS NOT OPEN. I dont open unless I need heating.
I am sitting here and crying. Dont know what to do next. Dont have the money to pay for it!

myname1

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:48 am
Yeah, that doesn't make much sense in the summer... you'd feel it if your heat was on! How high was the bill last time you paid it? Can you ask them to email/fax you the bill so you can see it? Could be they're charging you fees for paying late and disconnecting/connecting. If that's the case, maybe you can get them to waive the fees if you didn't get your bills. We have a different gas company, but they once shut the gas when they shouldn't have and charged us 50 NIS to reconnect. Eventually, after A LOT of time and explanation and gathering proof, they took off that charge.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:55 am
Dnt remember how high it was last time. But I do remember that after succos I paid for 6 months and it was only 1000 shekel

Rappel

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 2:10 am
You need an Israeli to come to bat for you. It's a different culture, and some of it may be able to be waived. Do you have a friend/Rav/macher who is native, whom can get on the phone with the company for you?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 2:15 am
Will try to ask my neighbor.
At least I have the Ima family to turn to in time of need Hug
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions