Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Would you get rid of rainbow bedding
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:27 am
Squishy wrote:
Did someone reference disgusting genitalia hats the Jewish libs also marched in until The Womens March was shut down rather than match with Jews?

Yes- someone was sending you a public invitation to join the conversation.

singleagain

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughters room is bedecked in the rainbow line from pottery barn kids, which had posted about pride , alluding to their merch.

I feel gross about my daughter sleeping amongst design that was created with LGBQT agendas.

Would you bite the bullet and buy new bedding?

If they had not posted about pride would this bother you so much?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:33 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I don't think OP is afraid rainbow sheets will make her child gay, she just doesn't want something that reminds her of sin in the house.

Like how you might not want your child to have a Ted Bundy doll, but doesn't mean you're afraid it will turn your kid into Ted Bundy.

This. Thank you for explaining for me, I was trying to figure out how to word this.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughters room is bedecked in the rainbow line from pottery barn kids, which had posted about pride , alluding to their merch.

I feel gross about my daughter sleeping amongst design that was created with LGBQT agendas.

I would not get rid of the linen since the rainbow is part of our heritage and represents Hashems forgiveness but I do find it interesting that the LGBQT community chose a religious symbol to represent them considering that its against religion to be gay. That said, there is a christian movement to take back the rainbow, not sure if they will succeed--

https://www.worldreligionnews......unity

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:34 am
singleagain wrote:

It had been irking me for a while actually but I kept pushing out of my head. And then they posted which made me feel worse.

cm

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:45 am
When I opened this thread, I thought it was going to have something to do with Noach.

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:48 am
singleagain wrote:

If it wasn't tied to deviant sexyual practices, then it wouldn't bother her at all.

Ravenclaw

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:49 am
LOL

No. Rainbows are still kosher. Trust me.

leah233

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:51 am
A rainbow is too broad of a thing and too inherently nuetral for it to be associated with only one group. Even if a group tries to co-opt it as their symbol. Should I also stop making rainbow cake?

Had I previously been using rainbow sheets I would only stop if the children themselves make the association.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Oh for goodness sake, I really hope this post isn’t real. Rainbows 🌈 and unicorns 🦄 on bedding belong to all. Banging head

Ravenclaw

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:53 am
On this note, I just remembered a funny story. As a teen I wanted my mother to buy me this adorable backpack with a picture of a bunny on it. She freaked out when I showed it to her.
Turns out it was a playboy bunny symbol.
I had no idea what she had against bunnies LOL

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:54 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
LOL

Yes. They even get their own special Bracha. Or should we stop saying that too. 🤔

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:55 am
cm wrote:
When I opened this thread, I thought it was going to have something to do with Noach.

Maybe we need to ban reading that parsha too as it alludes to a rainbow? 🌈 🌈

keym

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:56 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
LOL

You still eat rainbow? I can't find any with a decent hashgacha? LOL LOL

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:58 am
I would keep rainbow bedding and decor. Like someone else said, it might be more iffy if you're talking about clothes or accessories she might wear outside (though even then, it's unlikely to be misconstrued if it's like, a picture of a rainbow with fluffy clouds or pots of gold on the ends).

I think in the future, you might want to be more careful about about where you're buying rainbow stuff from, especially during the month of June (which is pride month). If your local frum store is selling cute rainbow-y stuff, they're just selling cute rainbow-y stuff. Target, on the other hand, has a whole line of rainbow products davka for supporting Pride and a portion of the proceeds from those products go toward LGBTQ causes. If this matters to you, you should be more concerned with who's selling rainbow products than the rainbows themselves.

HeartyAppetite

I saw the pottery barn rainbow collection and it looks like it’s more pastel colors. It doesn’t remind me at all of their flag, which is brighter colors.

glamourmom

amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I don't think OP is afraid rainbow sheets will make her child gay, she just doesn't want something that reminds her of sin in the house.

Like how you might not want your child to have a Ted Bundy doll, but doesn't mean you're afraid it will turn your kid into Ted Bundy.

OMG!! WHAT IS A TED BUNDY DOLL??

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:59 am
Squishy wrote:
If it wasn't tied to deviant sexyual practices, then it wouldn't bother her at all.

It isn’t. The rainbow is tied to acceptance and equality. I am not sure why you are bringing “deviant” s-x into the picture here. Please save those details for the intimacy section.

Zehava

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:00 pm
glamourmom wrote:
OMG!! WHAT IS A TED BUNDY DOLL??

Yes. Inquiring minds want to know.

Zehava

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:02 pm
keym wrote:
You still eat rainbow? I can't find any with a decent hashgacha? LOL LOL

I can direct you to some delicious kosher rainbow cake. Though come to think of it someone needs to protest.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics