Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Would you get rid of rainbow bedding
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

keym

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:04 pm
Zehava wrote:
I can direct you to some delicious kosher rainbow cake. Though come to think of it someone needs to protest.

Rainbow cake I've got covered. I'm talking plain rainbows here.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:05 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I don't think OP is afraid rainbow sheets will make her child gay, she just doesn't want something that reminds her of sin in the house.

Like how you might not want your child to have a Ted Bundy doll, but doesn't mean you're afraid it will turn your kid into Ted Bundy.

I’m sorry, but there really is no comparison between a serial killer doll and a rainbow-patterned child duvet! Can't Believe It

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:06 pm
glamourmom wrote:
OMG!! WHAT IS A TED BUNDY DOLL??

Not sure, but you can get a model of Hannibal Lecter.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:07 pm
Hand on. Is this the pattern you are worried about? https://www.potterybarnkids.co......1000

This is nothing like the Pride symbol. This is a cutesy rainbow. POttery Barn is, like I said, marketing to sell their stuff. There is no agenda here.

This is the Pride flag https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....g.svg

keym

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:09 pm
watergirl wrote:
Hand on. Is this the pattern you are worried about? https://www.potterybarnkids.co......1000

This is nothing like the Pride symbol. This is a cutesy rainbow. POttery Barn is, like I said, marketing to sell their stuff. There is no agenda here.

This is the Pride flag https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....g.svg

That is cute linen.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:10 pm
Zehava wrote:
Yes. Inquiring minds want to know.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:18 pm
Funny...I saw a cute denim vest in target with the rainbow striping. I almost bought it, then realized it was part of a whole pride display.

Fast forward 2 weeks, and I was in junees, buying whatever camp ts were on sale. Low and behold, the cheapest clearance shirt was a gray t with almost identical rainbow striping. I bought it, but I do wonder if that's why its on sale. If my daughter was older and there was any chance of someone clueing her in, I wouldnt have bought it.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:31 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I’m sorry, but there really is no comparison between a serial killer doll and a rainbow-patterned child duvet! Can't Believe It

I actually agree, and I said I wouldn't get rid of rainbow sheets because LGBT is just one of many possible interpretations of that symbol, whereas a Ted Bundy doll is clearly Ted Bundy. A better example would be if a kid had a stuffed Bunny and wanted to call it "Ted Bunny"; totally innocent, but also totally understandable that the parent who "gets" a less innocent connection wouldn't be too thrilled.

marina

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:40 pm
Ladies, you have to be very very careful, there are so many wicked agendas out there designed to pervert our families and transform our children into immoral demons. In my house, for example, we don't buy anything with rainbows as well as bananas, zucchini, cucumbers, hot dogs, long-stem mushrooms, peaches, melons, nectarines, or cherries. It's really important to be vigilant in every possible way.

glamourmom

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:44 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:

what is our world coming to? is there one person that bought this barf-inducing doll???

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:47 pm
glamourmom wrote:
what is our world coming to? is there one person that bought this barf-inducing doll???

Its not a doll. Its a bobblehead. Apparently part of a series of psycho killer bobbleheads. You can also get David Berkowitz. Or John Wayne Gacy. Yippee.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:49 pm
glamourmom wrote:

Maybe a gag gift

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:50 pm
marina wrote:
Ladies, you have to be very very careful, there are so many wicked agendas out there designed to pervert our families and transform our children into immoral demons. In my house, for example, we don't buy anything with rainbows as well as bananas, zucchini, cucumbers, hot dogs, long-stem mushrooms, peaches, melons, nectarines, or cherries. It's really important to be vigilant in every possible way.

Wait...you forgot eggplants.

glamourmom

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:51 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Its not a doll. Its a bobblehead. Apparently part of a series of psycho killer bobbleheads. You can also get David Berkowitz. Or John Wayne Gacy. Yippee.

doll/bobblehead it's all the same when you're making one of a serial killer. I don't get it. anyone?

marina

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 1:11 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:

Thank you for adding to kedushas am yisroel. No more baba ganoush for us.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 1:11 pm
glamourmom wrote:
doll/bobblehead it's all the same when you're making one of a serial killer. I don't get it. anyone?

People who collect bobbleheads get rather offended if you refer to them as dolls :-).

Oh and people are weird. With strange hobbies.

urban gypsy

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 1:12 pm
DrMom wrote:
Rainbows are sign of Hashem's covenant with Mankind.
And they are pretty.

I was intending to post an obnoxious response to OP but this comment is so gentle and loving that I can't anymore. I love your energy DrMom.

urban gypsy

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 1:12 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:

THE IRONY LOL

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 1:17 pm
glamourmom wrote:

Well, at least no one is giving it to their toddler to play with and cuddle with at night.

grace413

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 1:35 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Yuck. I try to be tolerant but this is way beyond the bounds of good taste.

What is wrong with people?
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics