Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
When to exercise?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:52 pm
I know that I need to add exercise into my schedule, but can’t figure out when.. I know that I need to figure out a realistic way to put it into my weekly schedule. I need to exercise 3 times a week for an hour and 2 times a week for a half hour.. For those of you who exercise on a regular basis what time and when do you do it? Thanx!!

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:03 pm
that sounds extreme. why do you need to excersize for that long?
I do 20 minutes or 10 minutes/depending how much time I have a night and only IF I can make it happen otherwise I skip a night.

Either I do it together with my kids or I do it right after they go to bed and before husband comes home at night. I am very tired but its worth it.

Just do Excersize for however long you have.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:09 pm
Whoa that's a lot.
I exercise every day for the past gazillion years. I workout 30 min a day in the morning. Not good to exercise at night because its harder to fall asleep (you need to give your body temperature time to regulate itself). I only exercise at night when its motz"ash

Aylat

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:38 pm
Having my exercise time dependent on external factors - women's hours at the pool - helps me, because I know it's now or I've missed it for the day. On the other hand, it also limits me because sometimes I have a scheduling conflict like extra hours at work or a kid's dr appointment, and then I can't make up the session.

My ideal exercise time has varied over the years depending on my and my kids' schedule. In evening when kids were asleep. Early morning before anyone needs me. Now it's after getting the kids out for the day and before work.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:47 pm
Even if you want to eventually get to that amount, it's not realistic to expect to manage that right off the bat if you're doing zero exercise now. It's very overwhelming to think about how you're going to find an hour; much less so to find 20 minutes. Once you establish 20 minutes at a time, you can try to push it another ten, and then another ten until you get to where you want to be. Personally, I prefer to work out in the evening. I hate getting up in the morning.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know that I need to add exercise into my schedule, but can’t figure out when.. I know that I need to figure out a realistic way to put it into my weekly schedule. I need to exercise 3 times a week for an hour and 2 times a week for a half hour.. For those of you who exercise on a regular basis what time and when do you do it? Thanx!!

Why do you "need" to exercise for those durations?

As to when, it depends on your schedule. If your kids are old enough to get ready on their own, early morning is great. If you're a SAHM, after the kids leave for school or camp, or while they nap. Or in the early evening.

I go to the gym on my way to work several mornings a week. That works for me. Some friends go at 6:30 am. Others (empty nesters) enjoy taking classes after work. There's no right time. Just do it when its right for you.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 3:25 pm
I exercise first thing in the morning after a cup of coffee. I do the elliptical 1/2 hr and then go for an exercise walk with a friend weather permitting 1/2 hour. I finish up differently depending on the day of the week.

10 minutes a day is not enough time. Doctors recommend 35 minutes a day with 5 minute warmup and 5 minute cooldown. I see and hear this number over and over again.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:19 pm
I do twenty-thirty minutes a day, don't think I could last an hour and I am very fit. I like to exercise right after my morning coffee because the caffeine makes exercising a lot easier. Otherwise, I work out right after the kids go to bed...right after because then I get too tired.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:24 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I exercise first thing in the morning after a cup of coffee. I do the elliptical 1/2 hr and then go for an exercise walk with a friend weather permitting 1/2 hour. I finish up differently depending on the day of the week.

10 minutes a day is not enough time. Doctors recommend 35 minutes a day with 5 minute warmup and 5 minute cooldown. I see and hear this number over and over again.

30 minutes a day, 5 days a week of moderate cardio, or 75 minutes a week of vigorous aerobic exercise, is the standard recommendation.

ADDITIONALLY, strength training twice a week.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/hea.....57916

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:30 pm
Thanx everyone. So, I’m not starting from not doing any exercise, just don’t have a consistent time built into my schedule which I really need. I want to do 30 min 5 x a week of aerobic exercise ie: speedwalk , run, aerobics etc.., treadmill, and 30 min 3x a week of strengthening exercises like Pilates ..

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:55 pm
I do 30 minutes a day. I aim for the morning. I wake up earlier than I need to so that I have time to do it while the family still sleeps. By the time I’m done and showered I’m ready to deal with the brood that’s beginning to wake up
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise