Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
What is the status of a non-jew?

sarahnurit

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 7:26 pm
How does judaism consider non-jews in general?
I am trying to get to a clearer understanding on this topic, also in order to be able to relate it to non-jewish friends... embarrassed

Tefila

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 9:25 pm
That they r too special as long as they adhere to the sheva mitzvahs bnei noach. Why get into discussion w/h them about it? What

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 10:08 pm
See Likutei Amarim Tanya end of first Perek

http://www.sichosinenglish.org/essays/01.htm

http://www.sichosinenglish.org/essays/02.htm

http://www.sichosinenglish.org/essays/03.htm

queen

Post Fri, Aug 26 2005, 12:20 am
assuming they keep the 7 mitzvos B'nei Noach, they TOO will have a special place in the world to come.

roza

Post Fri, Aug 26 2005, 12:31 am
they are muggles

Mommy912

Post Fri, Aug 26 2005, 9:02 am
Roza!

Mandy

Post Fri, Aug 26 2005, 11:25 am
roza- hahahaha LOL very cute

Rivka

Post Sat, Aug 27 2005, 6:54 pm
They also have a job to do on this earth just like we do. Although we bear the brunt of everything, they were also given commandments (shev Mitzvot Bnei Noach).
If they aren't necessary than Hashem wouldn't have created them...even the muslims and everything I hate about them are here for a reason and it's up to them to show that they deserve to be here and deserve to go to olam haba

sarahnurit

Post Sat, Aug 27 2005, 7:59 pm
And how would you explain all of this to a non-jew? I ask because 90% of the people we deal with here are non-jews...some of them became really good friends, and I noticed that it is not an easy topic...specially when they start asking if we think that they are inferior, etc...

MatzosMama

Post Sat, Aug 27 2005, 9:37 pm
I would think that you should be honest. A friend will be understanding.

Aish

Post Mon, Aug 29 2005, 1:56 pm
I think this becomes an issue when you become friends with non-jews. and really ask yourself, what in the world do you have in common with them? you are not assimilated, I am assuming, so how would you become good friends with a non jew that this issue would ever come up?

sarahnurit

Post Mon, Aug 29 2005, 5:29 pm
MatzosMama wrote:
I would think that you should be honest. A friend will be understanding.

Yes, my husband and I are being honest, and intelligent people understand and want to know more...we might start having classes on basic concepts of Judaism on October-November, many people are interested...

About having non-jewish friends, I think that it's important to be open with people, to answer to their questions (often to be able to answer we hae to do research ourselves, which pushes us to continue learning eery day), because ignorance is a very bad sickness, and as long as we keep ourselves away from everybody, people will have preconcepts. etc. ...

The Rebbe spoke a lot about teaching to non-jews what they are supposed to do and what's their place in the world, and there is I believe still a lot of work to do... shock

MatzosMama

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 4:21 am
The classes sound like a good idea, but be wary about whom you accept in these classes, that is said not out of malice twards "muggles" (I loved that one) but for safety and security. Will you hold these classes in your home or away from your home?

sarahnurit

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 7:06 pm
We are looking for a place where we can meet with people for classes...but in general, we know the people that are interested to come, they live next to us, we see them every day when we go out...Of course, weird and not reliable people are not really wellcome...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions