Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Ice cream cake recipe

sandwich

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 1:00 pm
anyone have a recipe for a good ice cream cake. the ones in the stores are so expensive. thanks

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 2:13 pm
you don;t need a recipe. buy any ice cream, let it soften. press into a pan or dish. you can top it with candies, crushed oreos, whatever. to make it like the stores do, do one layer of chocolate, top with oreos and choc syrup, freeze. then add vanilla, freeze again. coat with whipped cream. you can spell a name with m&ms or make flowers with them. voila! no real recipe.

csb

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 4:16 pm
I have a really easy recipe for ice cream pie. pour two rich's whips into a graham cracker pie shell. crush sandwich cookies in a ziploc bag and pour in and stir. crush a few more on top of the pie and freeze. its easy and yummy!

pardon the grammer-I am holding my baby.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 5:02 pm
Sandwich, it cost something to make, also.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 5:57 pm
csb wrote:
I have a really easy recipe for ice cream pie. pour two rich's whips into a graham cracker pie shell. crush sandwich cookies in a ziploc bag and pour in and stir. crush a few more on top of the pie and freeze. its easy and yummy!

pardon the grammer-I am holding my baby.

You just pour the Rich's in? You don't have to whip it up first or anything?

csb

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 11:09 pm
no whipping or anything- just pour it in. that is what makes it soooo easy and quick.

su7kids

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 11:15 pm
I made a yummy ice cream cake with tofutti cuties.

You need at least 2 or 3 boxes of them in a spring form pan, and you line the pan with them,

and then yuou get a tub of ice cream and soften it and mix it with crushed sandwich cookies and put that into the middle of the lined cuties.

Then take some crushed cookies and put them on the top and freeze again.

Very yummy and quite attractive, when you take the springform pan away.

Annie

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 11:30 pm
a variation on the toffuti cuties mentioned above --

I used a regular 8x11 pan, lined it with tofutti cuties, then choc pudding, then another layer of tofutti cuties and then "frosted" it with pareve whipped cream. You can make thin slices since it's so rich. You can also add in crumbled cookies with the pudding.

I have made this both milchig and pareve. THe milchig version was OUTSTANDING, and the pareve version was also very good.

Milchig is a little less expensive (if you're not cholov yisroel) b/c ice cream sandwiches and cool whip are cheaper than the pareve alternatives.

I've found this to be a popular dessert with kids and adults. My kids (5 & 8) were able to help make this, which they also liked.

lamplighter

Post Thu, Dec 27 2007, 11:45 pm
when u say to line the pan is that the bottom of the pan or around the circumferences of the pan? is the springform pan round? Im just trying to picture this bc it sounds awesome and Id love to try it,when the weather is a bit more co-operative Smile

ya ya Im one of those no ice cream in the winter boring pple

su7kids

Post Fri, Dec 28 2007, 12:27 am
la456 wrote:
when u say to line the pan is that the bottom of the pan or around the circumferences of the pan? is the springform pan round? Im just trying to picture this bc it sounds awesome and Id love to try it,when the weather is a bit more co-operative Smile

ya ya Im one of those no ice cream in the winter boring pple

Around the sides, nothing on the bottom, except the melted ice cream.

Yes, the springform pan is round. Its once of those with a spring at the side and then you release the spring and the side of the pan comes away from the cake, leaving the bottom to be removed, or not.

bella123

Post Thu, Jan 03 2008, 3:43 am
Do you know if you can get toffutti cubes in Israel?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 10:59 am
or u can put a layer of sandwhich ice creams on the bottom, shmeer with caramel cream then put a whipped topping on top, sprinkle with crushed vienesse crunch, yum!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics