Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Stroller as a bassinet
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:04 pm
I recently heard a couple (in EY) plan to use the bassinet insert of their stroller for their baby’s actual bassinet every night. Is this safe? Do people actually do this? It seems very unclean if nothing else. This isn’t a financial decision.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:09 pm
I did it. Uppababy even sells a stand for it. Not sure what about it would be considered unclean?

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:10 pm
I did it, was so practical. Why wouldn't you?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:11 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I did it. Uppababy even sells a stand for it. Not sure what about it would be considered unclean?

A stroller that has been out on a bus or a shop and people touching has to be full of germs. I was thinking about the wheels too.

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:12 pm
There are some bassinets that are certified for overnight use, meaning they're considered safe for babies to sleep in unsupervised any time.

If a bassinet is unclean at night it's unclean during the day too, no? I personally place my infants on clean surfaces at all times. I don't know what you mean by it being unclean.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:15 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
There are some bassinets that are certified for overnight use, meaning they're considered safe for babies to sleep in unsupervised any time.

If a bassinet is unclean at night it's unclean during the day too, no? I personally place my infants on clean surfaces at all times. I don't know what you mean by it being unclean.

The stroller bassinets are certified for overnight? I’m feeling better about this scenario then.

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The stroller bassinets are certified for overnight? I’m feeling better about this scenario then.

Some are. They are clearly indicated as such if so.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The uppababy bassinet is sleep certified for overnight use so yes I used it for my baby. We are big on the APA sleep safety guidelines. Smile

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:45 pm
Plenty of people use the stroller bassinet for sleeping, it's very common. Why not??

trixx

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:46 pm
The bassinet attachment comes out so no worries about the wheels.
Also sounds like a myob situation.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:51 pm
We used the uppababy bassinet for sleep for the first 3 months. I bought a second sheet so I could wash as needed, and I put a waterproof liner under the sheet. I can probably count on one hand how many times we used it for walks outside, because it genuinely didn't seem comfy for that (baby was holding on for dear life as she was bounced around on our bumpy sidewalks with nothing holding her in place). That said, I see nothing wrong with the cleanliness aspect--when a baby is that small you're hopefully keeping him/her out of dirty public places and definitely not letting people reach in and touch.

gamanit

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:54 pm
I used the Britax bassinet for overnight. It's approved for overnight sleep. I have multiple bassinet sheets and sometimes even changed twice in the same night as needed. Not sure how that's any less clean than a crib mattress.

cinnamon

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 1:27 am
I used my bugaboo as a bassinet for all my kids.

mochamix18

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 1:49 am
I used my joie bassinet for my last baby and plan to do it for my next IYH. It’s safe and it’s clean.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 4:57 am
Bugaboos are safe for overnight but here in the UK they don’t advise for long term, just short trips and the like. They are also not allowed to sell the stand for the bassinet here as it doesn’t meet with UK safety regulations.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 8:45 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Bugaboos are safe for overnight but here in the UK they don’t advise for long term, just short trips and the like. They are also not allowed to sell the stand for the bassinet here as it doesn’t meet with UK safety regulations.

Good info. They are planning to use it everyday as the baby’s bed.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 8:47 am
trixx wrote:
The bassinet attachment comes out so no worries about the wheels.
Also sounds like a myob situation.

MYOB? Hardly. I would facilitate with the parents to purchase if it was a safety issue. It’s the first baby and she’s young and very stubborn. I could be very helpful if it was a danger for a child. Smh.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 8:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm sure that once the baby outgrows it they will transition him to a regular crib.

Many people find a bassinet extremely convenient in the early months. Especially if dealing with tight quarters.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 8:53 am
My baby slept in my bugaboo for 4 months just fine. We did not use that stroller out of the house.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 8:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I wouldn’t advise that. Cradles are not that pricey and so much safer. Air ventilation for a start in a pram bassinet is incomparable to a cradle.

ETA- we call them cradles here but I mean something like this which funnily on the website is actually called crib!

https://www.johnlewis.com/john.....30990

And there are plenty cheaper options too.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics