Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What do u do with those shoes?
1  2  Next

Tovah

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 12:01 pm
I bought my daughter 2 pairs for the summer, a closed shoe and a sandel, 3 months later they are too small but they a both in perfect condition. am I suppose to throw them out?

mother of 2 princess's

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 12:12 pm
I never know what to do with them either. but when there small its important to get them measured. if there in really good condition I give them to a charity shop and if not I throw them away. iv kept the first pair of shoes for sentimental reasons. infact my freind had hers made to copper. and also shabbos shoes sometimes I give to freinds.

Tefila

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 12:21 pm
If it's still in good condition u can a) pass them down to siblings or whoever, or sell them on ebay 8)

Rivk

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 12:21 pm
What about saving them for your next child I"YH?

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 1:08 pm
rivk, isnt each child's foot different. I heard that shoes are things you shouldn't pass down, cuz their feet molds shoe and if anotyher child wears , it isnt good for their feet.

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 1:11 pm
I feel the same way, tovah. and like you, my first is a girl and second a boy. so you can't really hand the shoes down. and I'"yH when the next girl comes, it may different season so the sandals would fit her in the winter and those cute suede shoes would fit in the summer....
but for now, I'm holding onto the ones in REALLY good condition.

Rivk

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 2:24 pm
Hmmm... well I have two boys and I saved all of my older son's shoes to pass on to the younger one. (One of the beauties of having two of the same gender!) I never thought about the foot molding business but maybe you are right. I suppose if they were hardly worn it wouldn't really make a difference because they wouldn't be molded yet.

Tovah

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 2:56 pm
hmm, so I guess I'll keep the sandals and throw out the rest.

basmalkah

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 3:12 pm
You could give them to an organization in ur community that collects used clothing.

RedVines

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 3:34 pm
I also never had a clue, I have bags of shoes here.

As far as I have heard the rule is: If they are eally worn in then throw away, no one can have use for them.

If they are completly fine, like maybe shabbos shoes? They can be passed down to a sibling. Each childs foot is different but if they are pretty new looking then they can be saved....

IMHO!!

Rivk

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 4:46 pm
I really hope nobody throws away perfectly usable shoes or clothes. There's always someone who can use it. I'm sure there's where to donate these things in every community.

Yael

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 5:24 pm
I kept all the shoes from my first to pass down. dovi has never yet gotten a brand new pair. though his next pair will have to be new b/c the ones that would fit next are the ones that levi is still wearing and anyway they are pretty worn out.
their first pair though even after 2 kids is still in good condition Confused how long do they wear them anyway?
tovah I would definitely keep them to pass on to your next girl and if you see that youre having a whole bunch of boys 10 yrs from now then you can give them away. Wink

amother

Post Sat, Aug 27 2005, 9:54 pm
You'de be surprised but even after wearing the shoe just 2 or 3 x's it already could have molded to the foot! I got a pair for someone & wasn't sure if they fit my son, happened to have had his doctors checkup the next day so I brought it along, & my pediatrician to a look at the inside/felt it, and said they are molded already! Better not use them, only if you need it for them to wear for like 1 hr! They look in perfect new condition.

lucky

Post Sat, Aug 27 2005, 10:01 pm
The only shoes id pass on r shabbos shoes cause they r usually outgrown before worn out. also they dont wear it every day so I dont think the molding ois a problem(also they dont walk a lot on shabbos)

cr2005

Post Sat, Aug 27 2005, 10:21 pm
well I had one girl after another........My first daughter wore her first pair of shoes for about 2 months the shoes looked practically new. With my second daughter..her foot is smaller then my first so her first shoes I bought new and now shes wearing her sisters shoes,so far so good.
I personally think that for the first shoe it good to by your child new shoes and afterwards it fine to use shoes from older siblings, I mean my first daughter got so many pairs of shoes from diff. relatives that BH she has enough to last her another 6 months at least I just have to get some shoes for shabbos but for that I just get cheap shoes its not like it needs to be an amazing quality being that shes only going to wear it one day a week.

micki

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 6:55 am
I have two huge bags of old shoes. no one can wear them but I hate to throw them out!

de_goldy

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 6:59 am
why dont you give them away?

Tovah

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 7:40 am
wow, thanks everyone, my daughters first pair I wouldn't pass on b/c her foot has molded to the shoe, if you put your fingers in their shoes and feel a foot print that means it can't be passed down. but the other two don't have that. so I guess I will keep them and think abt if I would have a girl next.

micki

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 8:56 am
because I'm always thinking that the next kid will use them...
at least as a spare pair.
is it really that bad to have them wear it?
and then what about the single shoes?
I always have a dream that I will find the pair...

Tefila

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 11:39 am
Micki it's fine if your kids wear the shoes that have been passed on. Imo
People from 3 rd world or poor countrys have produced in America etc great athletes and nope they couldn't afford name brand shoes and they passed down.
So thats my logic toss it if u want but imo if the shioes look hardly worn why waste good money and not pass it onto sibling. What Besides for those of us who think it's bad to pass down then it's a chutzpah to expect us to giver it to others shock if it's bad for our feet don't u think it's bad 4 theirs too Confused
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics