Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Why have children if you just want them out of the house?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 10:53 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Since op got enough slamming I will assume op was young naive and innocent by asking this question so I will answer with sincerity.

My 12 y o asked me the same question, actually! I explained to her that kids need structure. Siblings trigger each other enough to make mothers question their choices and kids behave better away from home. That’s why.

P.s. kids are a social advantage, and you get to buy them all American dolls and failed childhood dreams. Teehee.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 10:59 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
So we can jump on trampolines. And not die of embarrassment.

You can jump on a trampoline without peeing?!

Last edited by amother on Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Aylat

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 11:03 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Are there any kids on the block he can play with? Usually when kids are off from school, so are the neighbors. The kids should all be outside playing with each other, riding bikes, etc.

Yep, that's in the approx 30% of time that he keeps himself happy and busy.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 11:38 am
#BestBubby wrote:
I laughed.

Then I thought about how hard it is for childless. Not only no kids but have nothing in common with what other women discuss.

Sorry did not mean to hurt anyone. But there are so many threads with the same content/similar title that a little imp just pushed me into the silly mode.
Perhaps we can put all these threads in one folder and title it
“ to have or not to have that is the question”

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 11:41 am
icebreaker wrote:
Because we all need a d*mn break sometimes!

The key word is sometimes.

creditcards

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 11:49 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

And those who need a break more than sometimes don't deserve to have kids? Hashem wants us to have kids and continue the world even when we are not perfect parents. If we all will only have kids if we can be perfect parents then the world would stop. Hashem made us all imperfect and every person is good at something else.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 12:02 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Another reason why kids are "bored" is because Democrat-Media have scared parents that it is too dangerous for kids to play outside unsupervised. There is NOT more kidnapping now than in the past when parents let their kids roam for hours - no cellphones (not invented). My friends and I went hiking in the woods in the catskills and down the road "to town" - no adults. Worse, Democrats have criminalized letting kids play outside on their own - might get CPS investigation.

Also, parents wrongly taught that sunshine is dangerous. While too much sun can cause harm - so can too LITTLE sun. One of the reason for high cancer rate is too little sun, too much sun block, which causes Vitamin D Deficiency - a cause of cancer.

#BestBubby, I was prepared to love you (and get off your lawn Wink) but you're losing me... Crying

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 12:04 pm
Aylat wrote:
Yep, that's in the approx 30% of time that he keeps himself happy and busy.

I can't help it, I read this post as a direct response to the previous one. (That could make an interesting game...)

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 12:07 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

Relentless
Banging head

Last edited by amother on Sun, Dec 20 2020, 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 12:34 pm
I had child number one because well thats what your supposed to do 9 months after getting married

I had child number 2 so that number 1 would have a playmate and not have to be an only child. and I really wanted a double stroller.

I had child number 3 because 1 and 2 were girls and I wanted a boy so my husband could have a son to go to shul with.

I had child number 4 because I wanted number 3 to have a brother but oops she was a girl instead.

So I tried for child number 5 and thank G-d he was a boy, now my girls all have sisters and my boys have each other and my family was perfect. but then I looked at my family portrait hanging on the wall and realized it wasn't symmetrical. There was an odd number of kids.

So I had child number 6 to make the family portrait look perfect. Now everything was balanced and as it should be.

and then I woke up one day and looked at my brood of 6 and they were fighting and there was spilled juice all over the floor and I said Ahhhh! What was I thinking?!

send them all to school!

karat

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 1:19 pm
Amother seagreen

That was brilliant!

Too bad you're anonymous.

And thanks to the OP who started this thread.
I'm loving it.
Best thread of the day.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 1:37 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I had child number one because well thats what your supposed to do 9 months after getting married

I had child number 2 so that number 1 would have a playmate and not have to be an only child. and I really wanted a double stroller.

I had child number 3 because 1 and 2 were girls and I wanted a boy so my husband could have a son to go to shul with.

I had child number 4 because I wanted number 3 to have a brother but oops she was a girl instead.

So I tried for child number 5 and thank G-d he was a boy, now my girls all have sisters and my boys have each other and my family was perfect. but then I looked at my family portrait hanging on the wall and realized it wasn't symmetrical. There was an odd number of kids.

So I had child number 6 to make the family portrait look perfect. Now everything was balanced and as it should be.

and then I woke up one day and looked at my brood of 6 and they were fighting and there was spilled juice all over the floor and I said Ahhhh! What was I thinking?!

send them all to school!

Was Child #6 a boy or girl? Just curious. If # 6 was a boy then your family would be really symetrical - 3 boys and 3 girls. If # 6 was a girl maybe you should have more to make the boy/girl ratio more even.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 1:56 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
And poor Rochel also wanted a messy house!

Did Rachel and Leah have messy tents, or was the mess all at Bilhah's and Zilpah's tents?

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 2:05 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Was Child #6 a boy or girl? Just curious. If # 6 was a boy then your family would be really symetrical - 3 boys and 3 girls. If # 6 was a girl maybe you should have more to make the boy/girl ratio more even.

6 is a girl. I would have loved to have 3 of each because that would have really been perfect and yes I did have a pang when she was born a girl and said to myself I'll have to keep having more to even the score. But I quickly blocked that thought out bwcause what if number 7 was also a girl? Then I'd have 5 girls and would need to try for at least 8 9 and 10 to have 5 boys and make it equal and that was assuming 8 9 and 10 would all BE boys. And then I'd get yelled at for having way too many kids and not being able to pay full tuition for them.
I'm still unsure as the unbalance of boy girl ratio still does throw me off. But I console myself because technically they are symmetrical.

soap suds

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 9:47 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
6 is a girl. I would have loved to have 3 of each because that would have really been perfect and yes I did have a pang when she was born a girl and said to myself I'll have to keep having more to even the score. But I quickly blocked that thought out bwcause what if number 7 was also a girl? Then I'd have 5 girls and would need to try for at least 8 9 and 10 to have 5 boys and make it equal and that was assuming 8 9 and 10 would all BE boys. And then I'd get yelled at for having way too many kids and not being able to pay full tuition for them.
I'm still unsure as the unbalance of boy girl ratio still does throw me off. But I console myself because technically they are symmetrical.

Look, you can always give the girls up for adoption. Maybe you can even find a family that has too many boys, and swap. THen both of your families will be symmetrical and you won't be so desperate to send them out of the house.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 9:53 pm
1) Those adorable baby headbands!
2) Limited edition cloth diapers
3) My MIL thought the second bedroom was intended for her. One kid wasn't enough to fill it up, two kids was pretty close.
4) So I can sound like a parenting expert. Of course I know what you're supposed to do when your daughter does xyz! My son did the exact same thing...
5) Diaper bags are so convenient for carrying your whole house around with you.

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 10:18 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Did Rachel and Leah have messy tents, or was the mess all at Bilhah's and Zilpah's tents?

It's soo great that one wife is the limit today thanks to the cheirim, because I would SO murder all the other wives in their sleep.. Just sayin...

SacN

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 2:12 am
Quote:
Of course you’d complain about days off, it’s one day less to pay for!

So, realistically, I pay tuition/day care through the summer too. Plus camps, for which I budget half a month's salary (on top of my regular expenses.

I had kids really though, so someone else can help me peel potatoes. The potato juice hurts my hands.

I also really like those flippy sequin shirts.

And I missed playing with my American girl dolls and reading the books.

Metukah

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 2:40 am
I can't believe I'm the only one.

I had kids so that I could have a stroller to put my shopping under.

What other reason could there be?

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 3:14 am
Metukah wrote:
I can't believe I'm the only one.

I had kids so that I could have a stroller to put my shopping under.

What other reason could there be?

Forget the stoller, I use my baby carrier to disguise my pot belly Very Happy
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics