Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Who else just loves to be comfortable?!
Previous  1  2

DrMom

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 8:14 am
I find the entire premise of this thread to be odd.

Clothing should be made to feel comfortable.

The question should be: Why do so many women tolerate uncomfortable clothes and shoes until it becomes absolutely impractical to continue wearing them?

Rixter

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 8:35 am
Totally relate! Before I had a kid I always looked at those ladies who didnt get all dressed like hello why cant u get urself tog? Now I get it!!! I live in long skirts and tees when I dont have work. My baby gets me dirty and I just needa be comfy while running after a baby! I apologize to judging anyone before I had kids.

giselle

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 8:37 am
DrMom wrote:

The question should be: Why do so many women tolerate uncomfortable clothes and shoes until it becomes absolutely impractical to continue wearing them?

I think it depends what different ppl find comfortable. I don’t feel the need to throw off my wig or change into pajamas when I walk in the door, but I’m not wearing a corset either.

Yummymummy3

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 8:56 am
Yep. That's me too. Being comfortable is the main thing for me. If I can look nice at the same time then that's a plus.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 8:56 am
Me

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:17 am
DrMom wrote:

It's not that I used to be uncomfortable. At that stage in life, fitted and structured clothing was just fine for me. I didn't need things to be washable or nursing friendly either.
Nowadays, I can't suck my belly into fitted clothing, I can't wear the regular shoes I used to wear- I need extra comfy shoes, I need nursing friendly and washable clothing, I need clothing that is fuss free and doesn't take long to put on/fix up during the day. I don't wear a wig that often either because it gets knotty and sweaty throughout the day, with the frenzy that is raising small children.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:37 am
OK, so you're going to be comfortable.
There's no reason you can't rock the look. Wear scarves, accessories, makeup, sneakers or shoes, etc. that "spark joy", headgear that doesn't look like you just threw something on your head but thought about what matched.

Then feel good about yourself.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was always fully dressed pre- children days. I regularly wore belts and fitted clothing. Tights and shells never bothered me at all. Neither did make-up, the 20 pieces of hair extensions I wore etc.
I remember the 1st time I realized parenting while being all dressed up is just going to make me hate myself or my child. I think I was wearing a pencil dress, girdle and heels...
That was 5 years ago. I have become such a sucker for comfort that when I try clothing on I try and touch my toes and swing my arms around in full circles to see if im going to end up liking the outfit... tights and wigs are my worst enemy. I basically turned into the person I swore I was never going to be !!
Anyone relate?
On a more practical note, sometimes shabbos morning I dress my kids and then ill want to walk them to shul so ill go get myself dressed. I feel like it's such a nice thing to do to go greet my husband- however, its hard to stay cool and calm when im dressed in shabbos (flats only these days) with stockings and a wig. Helpppp. How did I become that women ? Laugh

Do women really wear girdles? I’m old, but my mother stopped wearing them in the 60s, and I honestly don’t think I’ve encountered one in a store in 40 years. Is this a “frum” thing? (I am a BT.)

I usually dress professionally, in sheath dresses and fitted skirts. And I can move my arms (even in my blazers) and bend over. Many fabrics have a bit of added spandex for stretch. Fitted doesn’t mean too tight or ill-fitting.

But if you prefer more flowing fits, enjoy.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:04 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I used to be able to wear all the trendy fashions. High heels and all. Then the fibromyalgia hit, and my scoliosis caught up with me. These days I am super sensory.

Knee high socks or nylons, long skirts with soft waistbands, and I try not to wear a bra as much as possible. When I come home from an event, it's a race to see what comes off first, the sheitel or the bra.

I still think I look nice, it's just not fancy or over the top like it was when I was younger. I'm 54, so I think I dress well for my age, but not shlumpy or matronly.

Shiny accessories are a girl's best friend. Very Happy

I beat you.
I'm 58.
Only wear pantyhose to weddings
If I didn't wear a bra I would throw my back out lol
I would wear sweatpants if it wasn't social suicide
Still not sure why I cover my hair
Never got a satisfactory answer
If I ever move away from Lakewood I probably won't

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:11 am
Yes I used to be a bit over 100 lbs, stockings, heels, slim skirts & blazers no problem.
Now I weigh a lot more & have severe skin issues from a medical condition that means my skin constantly feels like it's on fire & deep pain in other parts of my body.
I can go thru 5 things until I find the least painful thing to wear & even that soft loose item can feel like sandpaper after a little while.
I hate how I look & how I can't lose the weight bec my gi tract Is shot
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics