Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Shabbos shoes for DD help
1  2  Next

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 10:32 am
She is 9 years old and a little paranoid about being "babyish."

Long narrow feet and needs something at least a drop supportive, as in not flopping around and falling off the narrow feet.

Willing to order online OR go to Brooklyn, but not willing to pay obscene Brooklyn prices. Would love tips on current sales.

I'm sure it's unlikely to find sales right before yom tov but it's important to me to get something before yom tov because she literally has nothing. Having a hard time with school shoes too, mostly due to style pickiness, but at least there she can get away with wearing her summer sneakers, which are definitely not in shape for shul.

Already tried Nordstrom Rack (online), Century/mall stores (in person), frum stores that had clearance sales in the summer, and DSW (online).

HELP.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:10 am
Your late. This age is very hard to find the preteens shoes like Jewish stores. This age girls styles are loafers in the Jewish stores. Your might want to spend more on her shoes make her feel special with that than buy her a new outfit on sale after peasach.
But dont skip accerories

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 11:22 am
You never need a Jewish store. Most Jews would go barefoot. Buy what suits and she likes best among those.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 3:50 pm
I saw that A shoe inn in the 5 towns has 20% off all the shoes now, even the current season. They have a website.

Just One

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 3:53 pm
Just search 'dress shoes for girls' on amazon. Found for my daughter b"h (just smaller size so no use sharing)

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 4:00 pm
I find Amazon is like a needle in a haystack.
To those saying I'm late, I started this project mid-summer not expecting it to be this hard. Brooklyn is my last resort hence the last minute.

What's in style for people whose mothers are more classic rather than cutting-edge-trendy but don't want to be outdated or "babyish?"

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 4:01 pm
IMNSHO, if you know her size (or at least have a good idea), go on Zappos and have her look at every last shoe they have in her size to see what it is that she likes. Then check prices on Amazon and other stores for similar styles. (Amazon is often MUCH cheaper for the same shoes, so definitely check there before buying.)

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 4:04 pm
Are Zara shoes study enough or too flimsy? Bought dd a pretty shabbos pair for about $30

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 4:05 pm
Check out halshoes.com
Tasselshoes.com
Thelacedshoe.com
Littlefeetch.com
Hooshoes.com
They all have shoes on sale.
Most shabbos shoes aren't very supportive though.

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 4:12 pm
They don't have to be very supportive, just not flopping off her skinny feet.
Does Zara run wide or narrow/regular?
Thanks for all the links and suggestions.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 4:15 pm
seeker wrote:
They don't have to be very supportive, just not flopping off her skinny feet.
Does Zara run wide or narrow/regular?
Thanks for all the links and suggestions.

They have a good hold with the straps.
https://m.zara.com/us/en/paten.....82306

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 4:32 pm
Zara runs pretty narrow.
My girls have the zara shoe, it's quite narrow.

dankbar

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 5:34 pm
I saw today at H&M black patent or gold metallic ballet flats with rubber to hold foot

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 5:40 pm
I find that the Zara shoes tend to be trendy enough without paying the Jewish price. However- if she's hard on her feet, they will probably not last a full season. For the average kid they're fine, IME. Run slightly narrow but pretty true to size.

lcraighten

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 10:28 am
I like Amazon Shoes, they are cheap and come quickly and usually have free returns:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 12:25 pm
ra_mom wrote:
They have a good hold with the straps.
https://m.zara.com/us/en/paten.....82306
I got my daughter these shoes, she also has a long narrow foot and I really like when shoes fit well, but I'm fed up with local prices. She had similar ones from zara last year. they held up very nicely all season. we put taps on the heel and toe so that may have helped. no, they didn't fit her perfectly, there was some gapping on the sides and around the ankles, but they stayed on her foot and did the trick.

Ima4therecord

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 2:27 pm
Amazon? Just ordered shoes for my DD there

little neshamala

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 2:32 pm
Ive gotten my daughter shabbos shoes on dsw online.
They have/had a few great pairs that go up and have a strap around the ankle so its a bit more supportive than regular flats

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 6:08 pm
DD is 8 (going on 80) and I ordered this for her. It looks adorable and its very supportive! Highly recommended
https://www.next.us/en/g23464s1#339727
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics