Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Davening on Rosh Hashana

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 7:05 pm
I have been coping with a difficult challenge,( I hate using the term Nisayon bc there are many women who are coping with Nisyonos more difficult than mine) but I find myself davening for the child with the difficult challenge to the omission of anything else. Whether it is my daily Tefillos, my Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur Tefillos, or even when I take challah and daven. I find myself exclusively davening for this one child. I was listening to a shiur this week, when the speaker said we must literally daven for our lives on Rosh Hashana, and a light bulb went off in my head! I haven't been davening for my life or my health for many years. I do mention the names of my other children during davening, but go back to this one child and let the tears pour.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 7:15 pm
Hugs! This reminds me of something I heard for Dr. Twerski. He was at the kosel davening for his brother who was ill, and davening passionately. Someone told him, I bensch you that you should have many things to daven for. Which doesn't sound like a bracha but the idea was, when something big and serious is going on, yeah we focus on that. When we're living a more normal, calmer life, there are all sorts of little things on our radar.

I won't give you that exact bracha, but I do hope that the new year brings you all the yeshuos need, lasting ones, with simcha and menucha. And that it gets started the last few days of this year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur