Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Where to get intravenous for yom kippur? Brooklyn
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you need to bring a drs note? It says so, but is it an absolute must
I got heter from rav, I don't want k have to run to a dr now for a note....

No.
They want you to have a heter from a rav and to know if you need need regular IV fluids or something special in which case you need the specifics.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:49 pm
Why do you need IV or shiurim??
I remember being absolutely starving and weak at the end of the fast when I had an 8 week old... but I survived like everyone else does somehow.
It’s a long, hard day...

sequoia

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:52 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I remember being absolutely starving and weak at the end of the fast when I had an 8 week old... but I survived like everyone else does somehow.
It’s a long, hard day...

Because people have different health issues and illnesses. Some people will get very sick or cvs die if they get dehydrated.

Are you a troll?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:56 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
It’s a long, hard day...

I ONLY fast because I can do shiurim. I don’t fast any other fast, even Tisha B’Av. I get very sick when I fast. It’s not about being hungry or weak. Would you also tell a recovering anorexia that s/he should fast?
Next time you want to call people out for knowing themselves and taking care of themselves, do it using your screen name.

ally

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:02 pm
The halachik solution to fasting without breaking the fast is shiurim.
Why is this all of a sudden a problem?
What are the other areas that we can decide established halachik loopholes to be outdated?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:29 pm
sequoia wrote:
Because people have different health issues and illnesses. Some people will get very sick or cvs die if they get dehydrated.

Are you a troll?

I do not need to defend myself or tell which 2 chronic autoimmune disorders I am suffering from

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I do not need to defend myself or tell which 2 chronic autoimmune disorders I am suffering from

Shouldn’t you speak to your doctors then?

whewpy

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:27 pm
Why are all these people jumping on the op, and pretty judgily!!! She has not asked whether she should do iv or shiurim. She asked the appropriate people that question - her Dr and rav. She was asking about the logistics of getting the iv in Boro park.

Its erev Yom Kippur. If u don't have something nice to say, then maybe don't say it.

Btw, I am not saying this to anyone specifically. Just responding to the general vibe of the posts here ....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 8:41 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Shouldn’t you speak to your doctors then?

Yes, they said I must have fluid. The matter of which way it enters my body is what I asked the rav

sequoia

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I was defending you! Why are you quoting me and not judgy anonymous amother?! She was the one who was like, “why do you need IV or shiurim?” She was the one who doesn’t seem to realize people have health issues! Why are you attacking me?

southernbubby

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, they said I must have fluid. The matter of which way it enters my body is what I asked the rav

How far away are you from a frum owned urgent care center? Some of the grocery store ad magazines have ads for urgent care centers that can administer IVs. Why don't you give them a call?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:25 pm
sequoia wrote:
I was defending you! Why are you quoting me and not judgy anonymous amother?! She was the one who was like, “why do you need IV or shiurim?” She was the one who doesn’t seem to realize people have health issues! Why are you attacking me?

I apologize, I had meant to respond to the poster you had quoted. I truly appreciate you defending me and value your input on so many matters

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:32 pm
Bobov Bikur cholim usually does this.
But OP and to all those getting an IV for Y'K, please really know what you should/shouldn't do with the iv in and what to do in case of trouble.
Last year my neighbor frantically knocked on my door because she needed her line flushed and she was having some issues. luckily I had some saline flushes on hand and my childs nurse was able to assist her. After y't I heard that my sister in law's line infiltrated and really badly. they had no clue what to do and it was really bad.
So ladies, just be smart about it please.
G'mar chasima tova to all and an easy meaningful day. May all your tefilas be answered l'tovah
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note