Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Ford Amphitheater definitely caused some pneumonia (2019)
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:44 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
And as evidenced here, it seems a lot of people didn't realize the theater was open. Perhaps they should have, but they didn't, so they didn't even know to be prepared.

I knew and brought extra coats, but the rain blew in w the wind, and the floor was sopping wet, even in the center, far from the outer edges of the theater, so if you touched anything that touched the floor, you got the chills.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I knew and brought extra coats, but the rain blew in w the wind, and the floor was sopping wet, even in the center, far from the outer edges of the theater, so if you touched anything that touched the floor, you got the chills.

SICK SICK SICK place for a concert in the fall.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:50 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
When I saw chol hamoed was mid October I knew then no outdoor places no Hershey Park no concerts etc! Sometimes you gotta use ur brains and think of what time a year it is not complain once you go. I ended up at the big Apple circus it was warm and kids loved it! Don’t blame the arrangers/producers blame urself for not remembering what mid October is like yearly

Teens looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Shapiro, he wasnt performing at the circus/zoo. Afaik he performed in ONE location in NY and ONE in Israel.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:51 pm
Thanks for the honest reviews. Was debating about taking my kids. All the Instagramer who were there made it seem not so bad and I was regretting my decision but now I feel better

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 12:16 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Balibusta, the stadium will be domed for the siyum hashas.

Base on what I read about the siyum it doesn't sound like will be covered. I read in more than one article that they're very nervous about the weather but hoping for the best

jfk92

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:56 am
I was there last night as well. However, it was more of a date night for me and my husband. We had center seats, so the weather was ok for us. I researched the theater and weather, so I knew it could be a little cold, and we dressed aappropriately. However, I wouldnt take small children- which I definitely so a lot of, to such a venue in october. Yes, I totally understand doing something fun for the kids, but imho spending that money could have been on something theyd love Thats indoor.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:04 am
I would send a complaint
If enough people complain that will coincided finding an indoor space next time

watergirl

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:27 am
groisamomma wrote:
Ouch, $700 is a lot to pay for kids getting sick. I'd write that letter asap.

I mean, what do you want them to do for you? No one forced anyone to spend $700 on tickets for an outdoor event in mid-October. There is a certain responsibility we each need to take upon ourselves before doing anything.

OP, I'm sorry your night was not as you had hoped it would be. Please realize, Ford Amphitheater did not make anyone sick. Neither did Mordechai Shapiro or the organizers. I know $700 is a lot to pay and not go to an event, but if you did decide to go and not dress properly, that's on you and no one else.

Wishing you a refuah shlemah and an enjoyable rest of the chag!

amother
White

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:42 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
When I saw chol hamoed was mid October I knew then no outdoor places no Hershey Park no concerts etc! Sometimes you gotta use ur brains and think of what time a year it is not complain once you go. I ended up at the big Apple circus it was warm and kids loved it! Don’t blame the arrangers/producers blame urself for not remembering what mid October is like yearly

I am going to the big apple circus today.was it indoors?

jfk92

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:01 am
Forgot to mention- eg productions even sent an email describing the venue prior to the event. Explaining how the concert goes on, rain or shine, and the venue is outdoors. So please dress warmly. They didnt mislead anyone.

happyone

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:30 am
can you please stay home if you don't like the venue, the weather or the price??? theres no chiyuv to attend as far as I'm concerned.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 10:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wanted to please the kids in my family. What wouldnt we do to please the kids?

It's silly to say you'll do anything for the kids and then be resentful.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 10:34 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
I am going to the big apple circus today.was it indoors?

It’s a tent made to feel indoors So don’t get scared off by the tent zero feel of outdoors

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 11:17 am
ra_mom wrote:
It's silly to say you'll do anything for the kids and then be resentful.

I absolutely dont regret going because I sat more to the center of the theater and wore a really heavy winter coat. But even where I sat, I felt the wind bringing in rain, imagine those who sat at the open side of the theater. Its designed insanely.

Silly or not, I am sure, like today is Thursday, that many people got sick there last night.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 10:45 pm
balibusta wrote:
After sitting through this concert in this weather in Oct...wonder how the siyum hashas will be his an outdoor venue in January😬

Historically some Jan 2's in recent past have had 0 degree temperatures.!!!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 9:23 pm
chestnut wrote:
The concert was planned when, a few months ago? We knew about tonight's rain when, a few days ago? A week ago, at most?
. It wasn’t only the rain that was the problem. The place is freezing and windy. If producers (EG productions) use this place again this time of year or any time outside of the summer it will prove that all they care about is making the most money possible. There are many other places for concerts in NYC.

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 9:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
. It wasn’t only the rain that was the problem. The place is freezing and windy. If producers (EG productions) use this place again this time of year or any time outside of the summer it will prove that all they care about is making the most money possible. There are many other places for concerts in NYC.

People who choose to attend have made their own decision. No one can force you to go (not even your kids). E.G. Productions can do what they want, they should worry about making money, that's their job- they're not in the businesses solely to please. It's up to attendees to prepare according to the weather.
Next time your kids can go to Six Flags or Miami, that should keep teens happy.
Feel free to write a letter, I'm just trying to point out that there's no one to be blamed here. No one did anything wrong.

Chag sameach

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 9:49 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
People who choose to attend have made their own decision. No one can force you to go (not even your kids). E.G. Productions can do what they want, they should worry about making money, that's their job- they're not in the businesses solely to please. It's up to attendees to prepare according to the weather.
Next time your kids can go to Six Flags or Miami, that should keep teens happy.
Feel free to write a letter, I'm just trying to point out that there's no one to be blamed here. No one did anything wrong.

Chag sameach

If this was your experience or your wasted money, you might not be thinking this way.

After networking I became aware that a whole section, many many people, emptied out and left the concert in the middle after paying for expensive tickets.

It’s a free country but allowing this to happen again is not a way to treat fellow Jews.

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 9:54 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
Base on what I read about the siyum it doesn't sound like will be covered. I read in more than one article that they're very nervous about the weather but hoping for the best

Where is it taking place?

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 11:20 pm
I’m confused. This is from their site:
GENERAL VENUE INFO
The Ford Amphitheater is a covered outdoor venue located on the Coney Island Boardwalk in Brooklyn. All shows are 'Rain or Shine' – in the event of wet weather, the driest place is at your seat under our roof enjoying a live show. For general info on the venue, please check our Live Nation site.
Where was the cover?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries