Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
So many women are bad drivers
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:40 pm
Did anyone else notice a lot of women are afraid to drive more than 15 mph? It’s very nerve wracking. If you’re too afraid you shouldn’t be driving.

WhatFor

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:42 pm
Does your rebbe know that this is how you spend your time bein hazmanim?

nicole81

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:45 pm
Many people are bad drivers. I drive through the length of Brooklyn every day and back and honestly the worst drivers are all the TLC plates, probably belonging to recently minted Uber and lyft drivers.

nicole81

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:46 pm
But why would someone driving below the speed limit wrack your nerves? Pass them. One way? Cut them off at the next red 😁

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:48 pm
I live in Monsey and the absolutely WORST drivers are taxi drivers from a certain company. They cut you off so you have to shortstop and then they drive like turtles. Makes my blood pressure (and I think most others) go up!

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:54 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I live in Monsey and the absolutely WORST drivers are taxi drivers from a certain company. They cut you off so you have to shortstop and then they drive like turtles. Makes my blood pressure (and I think most others) go up!

Ah yes, I know exactly whom you are referring to! It seems like they're perfectly capable of pumping the pedal to cut you off, then suddenly are only capable of gingerly tapping the very same pedal just a mere moment later.

Thank goodness I don't drive any monster trucks, because I'd be sorely tempted to just ram them out of the way.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 7:56 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Many people are bad drivers. I drive through the length of Brooklyn every day and back and honestly the worst drivers are all the TLC plates, probably belonging to recently minted Uber and lyft drivers.

Yes, those T license plates are the worst!

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did anyone else notice a lot of women are afraid to drive more than 15 mph? It’s very nerve wracking. If you’re too afraid you shouldn’t be driving.

I call troll but no I have never met someone who is afraid to drive more than 15 and I have seen 100's if not 1000's of women who are just as competent or better than man drivers .

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:49 pm
I live in Monsey and women drive just as fast then men. If I would drive, I would go on 15. I'm too scared to get license.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I don’t know where you are driving, OP, but in the 5T, bad driving doesn’t belong to one gender. I’ve also never seen the drivers you are describing, except of course those granny’s and gramps’, who seriously go super slow.

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 8:55 pm
I once maneuvered into a super tight awkward parking spot. It took a while.
As I got out some dude walks past smiles at his dude friend and says to me “did u get your license from a cereal box?”

I replied “wait that isn’t how you got yours? Shoot!”

Point is there are plenty ******* slow annoying and awfully bad male drivers. Generally women are more afraid but not all and definitely not me.

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:05 pm
In every bein hazmanim time
Bored troll—er—bochrim go online.
If you see one, please don’t heed it,
And for sure you shouldn’t feed it.

Ravenclaw

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:09 pm
Had this argument with my neighbor. She claimed same as OP. I basically said that assuming it’s true, that women are more afraid and drive slower (though I tend to disagree), by the same logic we must assume that men are more aggressive drivers. And believe me, an aggressive driver is a much worse driver than a slow one.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 9:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes, that is just a test to see if you can handle living with a woman.

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 17 2019, 10:11 pm
Floralwhite—Best post! Applause

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 1:24 am
Many frum makes are horrible drivers. They park every which way.

Today, I was walking from the Evergreen parking lot going into the grocery store. A male driver was backup up on a one way lane and almost hit me. How stupid can you be.

I banged on his window. That's how close he came. He didn't apologize. I rather have a slow cautious woman at the wheel.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 1:31 am
In Israel, insuring a male driver is more expensive than insuring a female driver. Because they are involved in a lot more accidents and no insurance company wants to take a needless risk.
So who is the bad driver?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 6:05 am
biggest accidents are male

Raisin

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 6:28 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
I once maneuvered into a super tight awkward parking spot. It took a while.
As I got out some dude walks past smiles at his dude friend and says to me “did u get your license from a cereal box?”

I replied “wait that isn’t how you got yours? Shoot!”

Point is there are plenty ******* slow annoying and awfully bad male drivers. Generally women are more afraid but not all and definitely not me.

I think I saw a study once that said women are worse at parking but men get into more accidents.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 8:58 am
I never got the connection between bein hazmanim and bachurim lurking here. By now many bachurim have a smartphone and can go online whenever they please.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries