Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Early Admission to Seminary

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 11:19 pm
My daughter wants to apply to seminaries for next year. She’s in 11th grade. I need to find out how to get an application to Ateres Bnos Yerushalayim. I’m not ready to tell her school yet. (Please let’s not get into the discussion of whether she should. I just need to find out how to get an application.)

cnc

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 11:23 pm
AFAIK- the school needs to send in her transcripts in order for her application to be processed. I can’t imagine that you’ll be able to apply without the school being involved.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 11:24 pm
I have her transcripts

chestnut

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 11:28 pm
I know nothing about seminaries, but can she ask a 12th grader to get her an application when school has it?
Contact the seminary and ask for it?

cnc

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 11:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have her transcripts

Seminaries and colleges require official transcripts (sealed envelopes coming directly from the school), but you can definitely try your luck.

Can you just call the seminary and tell them that you’d like to apply and set up an interview whenever they are conducting interviews in your city.

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 11:35 pm
Just curious OP, what gave you the idea that a seminary would consider someone who has not graduated?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 11:36 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Just curious OP, what gave you the idea that a seminary would consider someone who has not graduated?

I know plenty of girls who took early admissions.

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 11:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know plenty of girls who took early admissions.

Then I guess you can ask them.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 11:40 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Then I guess you can ask them.

Any particular reason you want to be rude? I asked for an application, not mussar.

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 11:48 pm
Not sure why you found my response rude. If you know girls who have successfully done this then your best bet is to ask them. Or like someone else suggested-ask the school. I cannot imagine you will get any other chachmos than these.

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Oct 19 2019, 11:57 pm
Contact the seminary directly for an application.

It's nearly impossible to bypass the high school, because you need official transcripts and recommendations. I don't know this particular seminary, but in general, seminaries are wary of girls who try to apply without the active participation of the high school. It suggests some kind of problem with the student or her parents, and the school will likely ask around to understand why you are not taking the conventional route. You need to be ok with that before moving forward.

It's important to be proactive and explain to the seminary why you are doing things this way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics