Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Eating alone at a restaurant/pizza store
Previous  1  2  3  Next

dankbar

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 4:52 am
Pizza stores are for both, hungry people & get togethers for friends & family.

I do eat on my own, if I am out on street with errands, get hungry, too far away from home etc. ( I am diabetic so sometimes it becomes emergency & no time to head home)

I think sometimes people do look at it weird, because mostly I see outings with friends, but I couldn't care less.

dankbar

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 4:56 am
delete double post

top mom

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 5:02 am
I enjoy my own company, and sometimes I sit in a quiet restaurant or ice cream shop on my own.
I guess I'm weird and should be embarrassed, but I'm not! What

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 5:57 am
Eating alone isn’t weird. Thinking it’s weird is weird. Provincial. Ignorant.

What, because you’re alone you have to either starve or hire a restaurant gigolo?

DVOM

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:09 am
A few years ago my husband and I went to our favorite super fancy and expensive Manhattan restaurant for our anniversary. At the table next to us sat a woman, looked to be in her 40s, eating a several-course meal, alone. She had a book with her and tucked away about 150$ worth of food and wine. At the time I remember feeling so bad for her. I imagined her high powered job and lonely spotless apartment... y'all are making me rethink this! I can't ever remember eating in a restaurant alone, but at this point in my life I can see how it could be very relaxing.

Blue jay

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:13 am
started eating out alone when I was in college. I used to eat and study or watch the world go by, I still find it relaxing.. “ what will you be having today”? So nice...

I’ll take a burger and fries please 🙂

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:53 am
I go anywhere and eat alone. I don't care. If I want food and happen to be by myself, I don't see the big deal. I rather eat at a table than outside.

I am old enough to remember reading that it was not considered nice for a women to eat alone in a restaurant. Women were breaking barriers by dining alone.

giselle

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:04 am
Blessing1 wrote:
I eat alone at a restaurant or pizza store and I don't mind it, I actually like it. If I'm out doing errands and I'm hungry, I have no problem sitting down at a restaurant by myself. My sisters think it's weird. Do you eat alone? Do you think it's weird?

I think because this thread is anonymous disabled, those who think it’s weird won’t comment. Just in case you’re looking for less skewed feedback.

nchr

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:12 am
Why would this be weird? You're eating at a food establishment...

Learning

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:36 am
Depends who when and where.

yersp

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:41 am
I'm happy amother is disabled. I don't enjoy reading stupid comments.

I never thought of it as weird and still don't and I would totally eat alone but I got this complex after a nasty experience. I was still in school, probably 7th grade and I had just come from the orthodontist office and I decided I was in the mood for a slice of pizza. I sat in the back of the store so no one would see me. There was a mother and a daughter there who spent their time eating staring at me eating my slice of pizza. Mind you, I was eating it like everyone eats it. Don't know why they were staring. Ever since then I can't bring myself to eat out and even with other people I feel so self conscious.
So here's a shoutout to the staring duo of many years ago. I hope people stare at you and make you feel uncomfortable.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:42 am
The only place I think it may be strange to eat alone is at a fancy fine dining resteraunt.

dankbar

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:14 am
I once saw a guy order an entire pie of pizza to his table, was sure he is expecting company. Lo & behold, he had the entire thing for himself!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:38 am
Blessing1 wrote:
I eat alone at a restaurant or pizza store and I don't mind it, I actually like it. If I'm out doing errands and I'm hungry, I have no problem sitting down at a restaurant by myself. My sisters think it's weird. Do you eat alone? Do you think it's weird?

I just did this the other day. I had my baby with me but I would’ve eaten alone whether she was with me or not. I was hungry and near a food place so why not?

polka dots

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:39 am
I know there is nothing wrong with eating alone. Yet I would be self conscious. I would feel as if I’m dancing by myself at a wedding. ( which many of you might do but is not seen in my circles). I wish I had the guts.
Somehow if I would have a laptop with me and doing work meanwhile, I would be more comfortable. I don’t know why, it’s just me.
But I would never think it’s strange if I see someone eating by themselves.

mrsjay

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:49 am
I think if you eat alone it means you have a certain level of confidence and that is awesome!!! I eat alone and I remember in high school the most popular girl in school would eat alone and her name became the phrase for eating alone ...

L25

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:03 am
delete

Last edited by L25 on Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

tichellady

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:43 am
Why would this be weird?

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:46 am
Blessing1 wrote:
That's one difference between you and your sis. It seems that you have more self confidence and she seems to care more about what people think. I actually think it's a good sign if you are ok with sitting by yourself, not to mention it's not by yourself because your baby is with you.
Go girl, keep your confidence and enjoy your pizza. Hearty Appetite!

moonstone

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:47 am
I don't understand the problem. Sometimes I enjoy going out for a meal by myself. What is the big deal?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics