Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How many hours do u work, how much cleaning help?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:10 am
Work 60-90h / week. Minimum 30h help per week. Dc all under 12 yo.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:19 am
I work 32 hours a week & have 6 hrs of cleaning help. I'm in my high 30's & pregnant with my 6th K"AH

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:26 am
Odelyah wrote:
funny I'm the opposite-- not great at managing clutter (good at piling things up neatly in corners though) but I really don't like sticky floors, etc. Now that my kids are older and not all at home, I've cut back to once a week help due to absolute financial necessity, I'm even more serious about making sure everyone eats over the table etc, no eating all over the house..

I have 8 hours a week of help (one day/week) and the hours I work out of the house fluctuates but it averages around 15 these days, but I also have a lot of correspondence for work that I do at home..

Also now that we don't have a dishwasher my husband washes all the dishes..

You quoted me in your post. Just want to say I wrote sticky FRIDGE; not floor. The reason I say this is because its a big difference in my eyes. I don't mind hidden spaces gathering dirt, but to me, consistently sticky floors on an ongoing basis means that my brain space gets cluttered and kids are embarrassed to bring home friends. I keep my house nice and neat, where you can see it, and somewhat decent where you can't see it Wink .

Odelyah

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:36 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
You quoted me in your post. Just want to say I wrote sticky FRIDGE; not floor. The reason I say this is because its a big difference in my eyes. I don't mind hidden spaces gathering dirt, but to me, consistently sticky floors on an ongoing basis means that my brain space gets cluttered and kids are embarrassed to bring home friends. I keep my house nice and neat, where you can see it, and somewhat decent where you can't see it Wink .

yes! sorry I didn't mean to imply that your floors were sticky; just clarifying that I need to have mine not sticky to maintain my own equilibrium. you really are superwoman if you can have unsticky floors AND no clutter without hired help. I can't manage either by myself. Even if you cut corners, keeping everything neat and presentable looking is a very impressive feat. Thumbs Up

mommyX2

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 2:03 am
about 40 hours. and 4 hours cleaning help

Mayflower

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 2:26 am
I work 30 hrs a week - 4 hrs cleaning help.

baby12x

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 2:33 am
I work 35 hours a week. No cleaning help.
Its not that I don't want- I can't afford it. Each time I think I may be in a position to afford it something else comes up that sets us back.

I am not superwoman (I do have little kids and I'm pregnant) and I'm not ok with a messy house but this is the life I have right now whether I like it or not

salt

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 3:24 am
Work 35 hrs per week. No hired cleaning help, but we share it between us - me, DH and older kids.

dankbar

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 4:15 am
I think when you work out of house, with no babies/toddlers at home during day to mess up, your house stays neater/cleaner.

zaftigmom

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:13 am
I have 2 toddlers and 2 hours a week of cleaning help. I wasn't working for the last little while and now that I'm starting to work again (30 hours) I think I need another 2 hours. Also I have a very helpful husband. Don't feel bad about needing cleaning help. I'm very good at providing wholesome meals for my family but I struggle with household maintenance. Everyone has their weak points.

sirel

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:15 am
40 hours a week, no cleaning help.

watergirl

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:17 am
baby12x wrote:
I work 35 hours a week. No cleaning help.
Its not that I don't want- I can't afford it. Each time I think I may be in a position to afford it something else comes up that sets us back.

I am not superwoman (I do have little kids and I'm pregnant) and I'm not ok with a messy house but this is the life I have right now whether I like it or not

This. I work 40+ hours a week. I would LOVE cleaning help. Its not in the cards for us.

Last edited by watergirl on Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:18 am
20 hours of work
three children , 2-7 years old
4 hours cleaninghelp, 4 hours babysitting

for me this works well. less cleaninghelp is ok but less babysitting would be terrible.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:22 am
12 Hours a week , 25 hours cleaning help
I guess Iā€™m lucky

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:31 am
45 hours a week and no help.
Sometimes I wish we had but can't stand strangers in my house touching my stuff.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:38 am
Average of 40 hrs/week.
12 hours of combined childcare/cleaning help

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:44 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I don't think those were the answers you were looking for.
So here goes, I don't work and I have 20 hours of a housekeeper.

Gosh this is so embarrassing embarrassed

I am not embarrassed.

I don't work and have a husband who does a lot more housework than I do and have 30 hours a week cleaning help. He wants the house spotless. I want a life beyond the house.

When we got married, he got a cleaning lady right away and said every Jewish house has one. This seems true at least for the chassidim. I don't know any IRL who don't have help.

nicole81

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:53 am
I work about 50 hours a week and have 6 kids from 1-15. I have a full time sitter at home with the youngest every day. She generally keeps the living room, dining room, kitchen, and play room clean daily. Bedrooms, bathrooms, the basement, and laundry are our responsibility. Sometimes it gets done and sometimes it's a mess.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:59 am
I work 30 hours and used to have 8 hours of help once a week but right now I have nobody. šŸ™ˆ Still looking for somebody.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:03 am
I work 50-60 hours/week. DH works 45 hours/week. We have 3 kids, all under 6 years old.

We have a cleaning service come once a week to do mopping, dusting, bathrooms, and so on. It's 2-3 people for 1-2 hours, so about 4-5 hours I guess total.

We also have a guy who cuts our grass and cleans up our leaves. He comes every other week.
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics