Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How many hours do u work, how much cleaning help?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:12 pm
I feel like these threads get way dominated by superwoman that have no cleaning help and work full time. That would send straight to an insane asylum. I want to hear from you even if you are a sahm with full time help.

I work 28 hours a week and have 6 hours a week of cleaning help.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:15 pm
I work 29 hrs a week and have zero cleaning help. 😭😀😒

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:16 pm
40 hours a week
0 cleaning help

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:17 pm
I’m home with a baby and have about 8 hours of help a week ( combo of cleaning and childcare).

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:33 pm
40-50 hour workweek + short commute. No cleaning help. I'm super weird, but I love cleaning. And I don't like strangers in my house.
Also, we're not super clean ppl. Actually, we're the opposite:) I don't allow clutter but I don't mind the dustballs under the bed or a sticky fridge when there's no other choice. No ironing unless its absolutely necessary. Simple suppers. Etc. I cut many, many, many corners.
OP, you should really also ask how many kids and if little ones, but far from a dozen.
I have little ones, but they're really good about playing one toy at a time.

ETA: We're out of the house for so many hours, there isn't that much time to mess it up Wink

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:35 pm
About 32 hours a week, 2 hours of cleaning help. Just to do bathrooms, floors, etc. I do the day to day maintenance

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:37 pm
I work 20 hours a week and I have 4 hours of cleaning help.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:41 pm
My need depends very much on the ages and stages of my kids. I was fine working 40 hours a week with no help when I had a few kids ages four and up. Not thrilled with it, but fine. Now I have a young infant and I have about 8 hours a week of housekeeping help. I would find it very very challenging to manage working full time, having a bunch of kids plus an infant, and no cleaning help.

wearingmycrown

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:44 pm
I work 50 hours /week and have full time help! Can’t figure out how you do it without it

Odelyah

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:49 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
40-50 hour workweek. No cleaning help. I'm super weird, but I love cleaning. And I don't like strangers in my house.
Also, we're not super clean ppl. Actually, we're the opposite:) I don't allow clutter but I don't mind the dustballs under the bed or a sticky fridge when there's no other choice. No ironing unless its absolutely necessary. Simple suppers. Etc. I cut many, many, many corners.
OP, you should really also ask how many kids and if little ones, but far from a dozen.
I have little ones, but they're really good about playing one toy at a time.

funny I'm the opposite-- not great at managing clutter (good at piling things up neatly in corners though) but I really don't like sticky floors, etc. Now that my kids are older and not all at home, I've cut back to once a week help due to absolute financial necessity, I'm even more serious about making sure everyone eats over the table etc, no eating all over the house..

I have 8 hours a week of help (one day/week) and the hours I work out of the house fluctuates but it averages around 15 these days, but I also have a lot of correspondence for work that I do at home..

Also now that we don't have a dishwasher my husband washes all the dishes..

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:51 pm
I work 28 hours a week with no cleaning help but my big girls do help a lot

Adela

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:51 pm
28 hours a week and 0 cleaning help.
But my house πŸ™ˆ I dont want to see
Lets just say call before you visit or dont mind the mess.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:54 pm
You should also post how many kids you have, how old you are, how many big kids who help ....

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:54 pm
Work 16 hours have 12 of cleaning help.
The help is because I have a few young kids and need the help in order to maintain my house - completely unrelated to the fact that I work.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 11:56 pm
I don't think those were the answers you were looking for.
So here goes, I don't work and I have 20 hours of a housekeeper.

Gosh this is so embarrassing embarrassed

twogees

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:00 am
Work 30 hrs a week with 0 cleaning help

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:02 am
Full time newborn baby and no help. And do NOT want

Ima4therecord

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:07 am
I work 24 hours a week plus two hours commuting total each day so that's 32 hours... And I have someone come monthly to clean for half the day...

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:08 am
I work about 38 hours a week plus travel time (varies but never less than 35 unless I am taking off like for Yom tov). I have about 2 hours a week cleaning help. I have a few littles at home who seem to get more food everywhere else but in their mouths. And who act age appropriate which means: MESS.
I am terrible at clutter, have a husband who can't seem to pick up his stuff either, and I give up.
But seeing these posts give me hope. Those with clean homes Either: don't work as long as I do, have way more cleaning help or happen to be the atypical creature that loves to clean. I hate cleaning when I have to. I felt good today I did a few loads of laundry, picked up a few pieces of clutter, swept the floor and cleaned/scrubbed up some child activities I just won't mention here as it might gross some people out...
But if you look at my apartment it looks like no one has even tried to clean in a very long time... Hiding

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:10 am
32 hours on average. About 8 hours cleaning help.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics