Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help Needed: Balancing Work, Family, and Household Chores

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 2:14 pm
Hey Everyone! I'm looking for some advice and ideas from fellow busy parents! I work 4 days a week (9am-4pm) and leave work to pick up my kids from daycare. Then, I commute home and arrive after 5pm. My husband works full-time, and we have a family of three. We're struggling to keep up with housework and dinner routines. We do have cleaning help 3 times a week, but unfortunately, increasing that frequency isn't an option. Can you share your tips and tricks for:

- Managing household chores with a busy schedule (assuming regular cleaning help 3x a week)
- Planning and preparing healthy dinners that are quick and easy
- Balancing work and family responsibilities

I leave my house at 8:30 am and would love ideas for making the most of my mornings and evenings. However, after bedtime, I'm completely drained and can barely muster the energy to clean up from supper time, let alone tackle any additional tasks. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and ideas! I'd love to hear what works for you and your family!"

GettingThere

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 2:35 pm
A couple things that help me
-crockpot dinners (can prep night before put in fridge and then plug in am)
-I use a lot of paper goods. Adds to the budget but I am not using the limited time I have washing dishes
-I try and make double dinners, either I freeze one and use another time or I make the same dinner for 2 nights in a row
-I have enough clothes for my kids for the week so I do laundry once a week so I’m not chasing my tail
-Walmart plus or other delivery. You will save time and money not going to the grocery.
-shared calendars with your DH

GettingThere

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 2:37 pm
Also there are things like frozen brown rice
Stir fry frozen veggies
Checked fresh vegetables
Shortcuts and healthy

Get a rice cooker and u can make quinoa or rice in minutes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics