Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How many hours do u work, how much cleaning help?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:05 am
I don’t really work (here and there I have freelance jobs, can be 3 hours a week), 18 hours a week cleaning help.
I don’t know how people do without.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:13 am
I work 60+ hours. DH works 70+. We have a live in cleaner who also babysit.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:14 am
Talk about feeling alien. I barely work, have ten hours a week, 2 kids who are not little, and it’s not enough. All my friends have way more help than I do. (And to the poster who wrote she’s embarrassed - why on earth?!)
I’ve never heard of so many ppl not having cleaning help until imamother. And I didn’t grow up wealthy.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:19 am
Work 27 hours, I have 4 hours per week
I work at home doing childcare so I clean,clean and clean. My kids all help me on a daily basis!
We have an ongoing joke in the house that when mommy wins the lottery the first thing we will do is get full time cleaning help! LOL

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:23 am
Work 36-48 hrs a week w short commute
4 young kids
14 hours cleaning help a week
It's enough for me cause I don't like micromanaging my cleaning lady and she usually comes when I'm not home

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:23 am
I consider myself a sahm.
Although I do do some unpaid "work" to help out dh in his job. Just a few hours a week. Which takes up about 50% or more of the time the baby isn't in my arms....

I have a total of 6-7 hours of cleaning help a week.
4 on Monday morning 2-3 (depending on the need) on Friday morning.

I have 3 kids ages 6, 4 & 5 Months.
My kids are what you'd call "high maintenance"
My baby is in my arms most of the day. And takes 2 cat naps.
My older kids mess up till they go to school and once they are home, nothing happens Other than supervising/playing with then, giving them supper, homework, bedtime.... And by the time they are sleep I'm completely wiped out.
But then I have to go and prepare dinner for dh who comes home hungry after a long day at work and a long commute at around 9....

Before my baby I had 4 hours on Mondays. And the rest I did myslef. Now I don't mop or clean a bathroom ever. (Other than a quick wipe over you-kniw-where)

And most days my house is still full of things. Mostly my kids stuff laying around. They inherited hoarder genes that skipped a generation. And they love bathing in their stuff..... papers paper papers everywhere.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:25 am
Growing up in boro park and now living in Lakewood, I never heard of people not having cleaning help. I think it’s cultural. But maybe our tuition bills aren’t that high...I have about 13 hours a week and wish for more. I don’t work and currently have no kids at home. This post is really skewed. There are hundreds of women on here with plenty of help.... they must be shy or sleeping lol!

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:27 am
This post reminds me of the “alien” topic. Totally feel like one right now.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:28 am
I don't work and I have 19 hours total of cleaning and laundry help. I have serious health issues, so I need a lot of help.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:33 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I work 29 hrs a week and have zero cleaning help. 😭😤😢

I work 25 no help and I'm starting to lose it

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:36 am
I am a sahm I have young kids but no babies currently and I have 15 hours of cleaning help.

Why do I feel grossed out by the people saying it’s ok to hide the dirt or there house is a wreck etc

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:39 am
I work 10-15 hours per week. I have four 8 hour days of cleaning help. I have a large family BH. I used to have six days of help. I am still left with loads of work for me as a Mom to do. Thank you HaShem for the help!

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:40 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I work 50-60 hours/week. DH works 45 hours/week. We have 3 kids, all under 6 years old.

We have a cleaning service come once a week to do mopping, dusting, bathrooms, and so on. It's 2-3 people for 1-2 hours, so about 4-5 hours I guess total.

We also have a guy who cuts our grass and cleans up our leaves. He comes every other week.

If we are talking about beyond cleaning help, we have a lawn service that cuts our grass 3 times a week and takes care of lawn maintaince. We have a different guy to take care of plantings. He comes about 5 times to add and take away plants. We also have 2 handymen every Sunday. We have a service to clean our chandeliers twice a year.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:54 am
I work 32 hours and have an average of 14 hours cleaning help. With 'only' 2 bigger kids. I really don't feel guilty, Btw where I live it is only 6] an hour. So everyone has cleaning help.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:00 am
Frumwithallergies wrote:
Work 60-90h / week. Minimum 30h help per week. Dc all under 12 yo.

Whoa!!!! What do you do?

baby12x

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:06 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I am a sahm I have young kids but no babies currently and I have 15 hours of cleaning help.

Why do I feel grossed out by the people saying it’s ok to hide the dirt or there house is a wreck etc

You can feel grossed out. Just realize that there are a lot of people living a reality that is different than yours.
Thank hashem that you are lucky enough to have the help you need. Many of us need the help but don't have it. There are many people who just can't afford something that you take for granted.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:09 am
Work about 20 hours a week. Have 3 kids under 4. 2 youngest home all day as I work from home. No cleaning help.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:09 am
Work 40 hours per week, have 20 hours per week of help. Was the same when I didn't work, btw. No shame in it!

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:10 am
I work 0 hours and have 18 hours of cleaning help

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:11 am
baby12x wrote:
You can feel grossed out. Just realize that there are a lot of people living a reality that is different than yours.
Thank hashem that you are lucky enough to have the help you need. Many of us need the help but don't have it. There are many people who just can't afford something that you take for granted.

As a girl we didn’t have cleaning help and we had a clean house no dirtied no mess! And when the cleaning lady doesn’t show the dirt and mess dont wait for her I clean and days the cleaning lady not here I clean up. it’s a necessity to get help if your house is always messy or dirty!
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics