Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How many hours do u work, how much cleaning help?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:27 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
As a girl we didn’t have cleaning help and we had a clean house no dirtied no mess! And when the cleaning lady doesn’t show the dirt and mess dont wait for her I clean and days the cleaning lady not here I clean up. it’s a necessity to get help if your house is always messy or dirty!

Are you sponsoring?

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:28 am
Work 16 hours per week, have 13 hours of cleaning help. Honestly tho id have the same amount of help even if I wouldn't be working.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:31 am
I work around 20 hours a week. We get home at around 2:15 PM. Plenty of time to make the house a mess.

I have a few little kids. No big kids.

I don't have cleaning help. The idea of getting some is more stressful to me than hiring someone. (I need to pick up the toys so it can be a deep clean. I need cash in the house. I'm very much a credit card person. I need the kids to not be in the way.)

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:32 am
I work 20 hours a week, I have 4-5 hours of cleaning help once a week

icebreaker

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:50 am
About 40 hours per week. No cleaning help. But it’s just me and 2 teens, and none of us are home during the day. We all do what needs to be done, even if it isn’t perfect.

joyful mom

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:58 am
25 hours a week with no cleaning help

Librarian

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:08 am
I work 27 hours a week have about 14 hours of help a week. But for years, when my children were young I only had 6 hours a week.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:12 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Growing up in boro park and now living in Lakewood, I never heard of people not having cleaning help. I think it’s cultural. But maybe our tuition bills aren’t that high...I have about 13 hours a week and wish for more. I don’t work and currently have no kids at home. This post is really skewed. There are hundreds of women on here with plenty of help.... they must be shy or sleeping lol!

So funny I was thinking the same. I grew up in lkwd. My parents were and are sooo simple but everyone had cleaning help. All the kollel families etc. We had big familes and it was the only way to be functional. There was no time for my mom to clean bathrooms between the big family and all her responsibilities.. I have 2 kids and I work 30-35 hours a week and I have 12 hours of help a week...

amother
Black

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:14 am
I work 0 hours and have 4.5 hours cleaning help spread out 3x in the week!

And no babies home during the day.

Its what we choose to spend our money on.

ROFL

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:16 am
I work 40 plus hours and and hour commute each way. I have zero help and my house is a mess. I hate it and wish that I could get cleaning help.
I clean my kitchen before and after shabbos cooking.
My bathroom I do in parts. I do my toilet and sink once a week. I am happy if I could do my tub once a month. The floor in the bathroom also gets done about once a month.

giselle

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:17 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
So funny I was thinking the same. I grew up in lkwd. My parents were and are sooo simple but everyone had cleaning help. All the kollel families etc. We had big familes and it was the only way to be functional. There was no time for my mom to clean bathrooms between the big family and all her responsibilities.. I have 2 kids and I work 30-35 hours a week and I have 12 hours of help a week...

I grew up in Lakewood too, and everyone I know I had cleaning help. It wasn’t considered a luxury. I think that’s a big factor to take into account on this thread - those who consider it a luxury and those who don’t.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:28 am
Work 40 hours a week and have 3 hours of cleaning help. The one day a week my cleaning lady comes keeps me sane!

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:32 am
To all the superwomen/supermoms out there you are really amazing. Keep up the good work

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:39 am
curious also how much your cleaning help charges per hour.

when people say that cleaning help is a necessity does that mean that you should go in to debt for it. have no savings... if you can afford it enjoy, just wonder if its become something to get even if you can't afford it.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:46 am
I have a few different jobs. One is about 12 hours a week in the office plus 1-2 hours take home work.
One is about 5-7 hours a month freelance, and one is totally variable. I have a bunch of little kids.

And I have help 7 days a week. Full day.

But I live in South Africa. And so here I am considered super woman. Because most people with my size family have 2 full time maids, and I have a lot going on in my life.

So it’s all relative. Everyone here has help. Most people have full time help. And many people have more than one person working for them. I have close friends who have 2 full time maids, a night nurse for the baby and an au pair ( a university student) to drive kids around and do homework with the kids in the afternoon. In America a person with that much help would be staggeringly wealthy. Here they are just comfortable.

Wealthy people here sometimes have so much staff it’s amazing . You can have a driver, 2 full time maids, a 3rd maid to come help with laundry, an au pair for the kids and the mother won’t even work at all.

So really really really it’s all relative.

Also, life here is structured to have a maid. So nobody uses disposables regularly, most people barely use a dryer, there’s no public or school transport for kids so you spend hours of your day just literally shlepping your kids wrong. Plus people here iron every item of clothing down to kids undershirts and pjs.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I feel like these threads get way dominated by superwoman that have no cleaning help and work full time. That would send straight to an insane asylum. I want to hear from you even if you are a sahm with full time help.

I work 28 hours a week and have 6 hours a week of cleaning help.

I haven’t read through any comments yet, just wanted to answer. I work 6 hours a day, 3 on Friday, and have cleaning help three times a week, 6 hours each time. My house is still flying...

Librarian

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:52 am
My kallah class teacher, Reb Zahava Braunstein a"h told us "bread, water and a cleaning lady!"

Odelyah

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:53 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
curious also how much your cleaning help charges per hour.

when people say that cleaning help is a necessity does that mean that you should go in to debt for it. have no savings... if you can afford it enjoy, just wonder if its become something to get even if you can't afford it.

I think for most families with young children it really is a necessity. It's true the cost varies a lot depending where you live. I really think this a major factor to take into consideration when considering moving somewhere, when calculating the cost of living in a place and whether it will be a sustainable situation financially... even when we moved places where cleaning help was expensive I spent on that before spending on pretty much anything else (and BH we managed somehow). Now that I don't have babies or toddlers anymore I can manage (barely) with one day a week of help, which these days is pushing it a lot for us financially, but for us it is a necessity so we just do it..

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:54 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
You should also post how many kids you have, how old you are, how many big kids who help ....

My kids are
Boy 12.5
Girl 10
Boy 7.5
Girl 3.5

They help with laundry, cleaning up after themselves, putting away their folded laundry, getting ready for shabbos.
Why post how old WE are? Do you mean how old THEY are?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:55 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Work 16 hours have 12 of cleaning help.
The help is because I have a few young kids and need the help in order to maintain my house - completely unrelated to the fact that I work.

You don’t need to justify why you have cleaning help.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics