Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Chasidishe scarf tie
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

nchr

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 7:39 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
It looks like the shpitzel has a wig grip type fabric in a band behind the "hair line". Is that what it is? If so, it's genius to have everything integrated into one piece.

Is it a home industry to make them, or is there a company that manufactures them for the frum market?

There are a few women who make them. There is no wig grip fabric. It is not necessary because when you shave your head is velcro.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 7:56 am
nchr wrote:
So you really do wear a shpitzel...

Explain ?

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 7:58 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Seafoam, do you wear everything you posted at the same time or are those different options?
Does it feel tight the whole day?
When I’m home I wear a tichel/snood because when I’m out with my shaitel (band underneath to keep it from sliding), it feels tight and confining and I can’t wait to take it off and get more comfortable!
Are you dealing with the same thing or it’s comfortable all day long?

It’s not tight to the point of being uncomfortable, however, it is a contraption, so in the summer it’s pretty hot under there, and additionally, since the tichel and liner cover my ears it’s a little harder to hear, so hence the reasons for pulling it off when I step into my house

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 7:59 am
nchr wrote:
There are a few women who make them. There is no wig grip fabric. It is not necessary because when you shave your head is velcro.

It does however come with a rubber in the back for tightness, so it’s really firm

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 8:00 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
It looks like the shpitzel has a wig grip type fabric in a band behind the "hair line". Is that what it is? If so, it's genius to have everything integrated into one piece.

Is it a home industry to make them, or is there a company that manufactures them for the frum market?

ETA: I looked closer, and now I see that it's not a wig grip. If you could design one with a grip to keep the scarves slipping you could make a lot of money!

It is a home industry, keep in mind that the shpitzel itself is still covered by liners beofre getting to the the scarve, so it wouldn’t help

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 8:13 am
scarves do not have to be anywhere near 100!!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 8:55 am
My underscarf liners (with a little padding in the back) have wig grips, and I love them. I got them from Wrapunzel. Best invention ever.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 8:56 am
Ruchel wrote:
scarves do not have to be anywhere near 100!!

They do if you want Hermes or Gucci. It's a status thing.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 11:06 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

It’s simple, when you don’t have a shaitel that costs $3000 you are going to make other fashion statements

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 11:29 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
It’s simple, when you don’t have a shaitel that costs $3000 you are going to make other fashion statements

I recently thought someone’s shaitel was top of the line (thousands of dollars) and she told me she bought it at a sale for $500.
I’m wondering if among yourselves you can tell the worth of someone’s scarf? Can someone wear one that costs $20 and no one will know??
Also how long does it take you to put everything on?
Can a scarf be done from a different time or does it have to be tied fresh each time?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 12:08 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

You could make one with gold thread but really, most very frum ppl can't afford and don't care

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 12:15 pm
Ruchel wrote:
You could make one with gold thread but really, most very frum ppl can't afford and don't care

Come on Ruchel thats a bit of a leap. Why wouldn't very frum people not be able to afford expensive scarves, or care? As Seafoam said, when you don't have $3000 sheitels to buy you can use the money for other head covering. I know you wear sheitels I would hazard a guess that none of them cost 100 bucks

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 12:21 pm
Look youre anon so I dont owe much... But most frum families do not have such sheitels either. Most of the wigs like this are mentioned online and when you ask people... ya

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 12:27 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Look youre anon so I dont owe much... But most frum families do not have such sheitels either. Most of the wigs like this are mentioned online and when you ask people... ya

As I wear neither a wig or a shpitzel I bow to your superior knowledge of what frum shpitzel wearing ladies will pay for their tichels.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 12:28 pm
Shaitel wearer for 15 years
Never really spent more than $1000
Most have been less...

Fox

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 12:31 pm
Thanks to all of you who explained all this!

Honestly, one of you should make a home business selling this stuff and teaching Litvish, MO, and JPF women some of these tricks.

I work at home, so I don't wear a shaitel all of the time, but I'd like to look put together and smart when I run out. The Wrapunzel stuff doesn't seem to work for me: it either falls apart halfway through the day, or I look like I'm preparing to milk the camels.

Squishy was once kind enough to send me a padded thingie, and that worked great, but it eventually wore out.

So even though the shpitzel/tichel has special meaning within the Chassidishe veldt, the rest of us could benefit from the basics!

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 12:34 pm
Isn't it wonderful Fox, How seafoam and co have taken time to explain it all? And your idea is marvellous, I wear tichels and often go very "wrapunzel" but it can be a pain when I find myself in bathrooms sometimes having to retie.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 12:44 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
As I wear neither a wig or a shpitzel I bow to your superior knowledge of what frum shpitzel wearing ladies will pay for their tichels.

I only can stand by what I, personally wrote

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 12:57 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
It’s not tight to the point of being uncomfortable, however, it is a contraption, so in the summer it’s pretty hot under there, and additionally, since the tichel and liner cover my ears it’s a little harder to hear, so hence the reasons for pulling it off when I step into my house

I do find it quite uncomfortable and often get headaches from it. I def go out less since I got married and it’s the very first thing to come off the moment I step into the house. It does however stay firmly in place and I have never needed to retie them once it’s done.

For those of you asking about cost, the one thing about scarves is that you can wear it for years and years so the expense does pay off. I have several Hermès scarves that are 10+ yrs old and plenty $30-$100 scarves . I have never needed to discard any of them and even if the styles change a bit (they actually do) it always comes back after a while.
There are scarves that are quite pretty and cheap and can be found on Ali although the quality isn’t always the best.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Nov 21 2019, 1:03 pm
Thank you blonde, you sound very stylish Smile
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics