Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
If DH runs a business, what is it?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 8:30 am
If your DH runs a successful business do you mind sharing what it is. Mine is desperately looking to start one. He has business experience. Just looking for ideas.
Thx!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 8:39 am
Construction/ Real Estate

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 8:55 am
Amazon. Bh.
But contrary to common belief that it’s easy money, if you really want to make good money, you gotta put in the very full time work.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 8:59 am
Successful business is much much more about how it's run than about what business it is. And siyata dishmaya of course.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:11 am
Fire alarm and electrical company.

If you're in nyc and your husband is a Go- getter expediting is a good line to get into

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:12 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Construction/ Real Estate

Do you mind me asking how he got involved? This is DH background but he is having trouble breaking into the field

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 9:17 am
If he doesn't have the connections and the "speech", don't try real estate

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 10:05 am
Travel

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 10:09 am
Runs a therapy agency.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 10:36 am
Computer Software

ny21

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 11:40 am
custom t shirts

hodeez

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 11:51 am
Accounting firm

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 12:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you mind me asking how he got involved? This is DH background but he is having trouble breaking into the field

I have the same question lol. He started when he was 19, a few years before I married him.

He is mostly a general contractor. I believe his first job was 7 townhouses that a family friend of his was developing. I guess that's where he got his confidence. Thereafter it's word of mouth. Other people heard he did a great job and contacted him.

On the side, he also flips houses. He buys rundown homes for less, fixes it up on his own (it's his field of business) and then sells it for a higher profit.

Honestly, it's mostly confidence. And everyone has to know what gives them the courage to go ahead and make the move.

If you're confident, NOT arrogant, nice to people and know what your are doing/ provide good service, I think it'll pick up.

I wish you and your husband A LOT A LOT A LOT of Hatzlacha!!!! It's hard!

pg

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 12:17 pm
hodeez wrote:
Accounting firm
husband is now going for his cpa license. Can you give me a few pointers how he built himself up?

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 12:23 pm
Online marketing and Amazon.

glicklech

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 2:04 pm
Bookkeeping/ financial advisor. Husband takes care of all financial parts of the business, and automation.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 2:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My husband is in the construction field as well.

He worked for a company for a few years before. Your husband needs to have worked for someone else for a while to get the hang of not only the job, but how to get jobs, how to deal with customers and everything else.

BH he has lots of business but people don’t always pay. Some people owe a lot of money.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 2:48 pm
Therapy agency, but he went to college for 5 years and worked in the field himself before opening his own business - don’t think it’s what you’re looking for. He should try to find something he’s good at, get experience, and then go out on his own. There’s no get-rich-quick scheme, and very often you have to start at the bottom.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 3:27 pm
Don't start a business in a field he knows nothing about and has no connections in, unless he has extremely strong people skills, is a very quick learner, and you have deep pockets to make it through learning and setup period. Otherwise, best is "interning" in the field (deciding on a field, researching and finding a company and position that he thinks would give him best exposure and skills, and getting a job there no matter how badly it pays). Cheaper than college, and much more useful. While he's doing that, it's good to do research at nights ect online, with a combo of courses/tutorials and materials written for novices in the field (almost any field has this); and finding, joining, and reading forums and groups that are comprised of people that work in or own businesses in the field (many fields have this too). The latter is important, as it prepares you for current trends and day to day life in the business the way no course can. Remember, there are no get rich quick schemes, but plenty of get poor quick schemes, so approach any "incredible opportunity" with a LOT of skepticism.

Having employees will be heartache no matter what field he's in. Remember to never hire someone you won't be able to easily fire if need be (close family member ect). Keep business and personal separate.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 3:46 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Computer Software
Does he develop the software and then service the customers or does he just sell? If he's a developer/service provider I desperately need to ask you some questions, if you don't mind. Please email me at devoiryphotos@gmail.com. thank you!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries