Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Have you tried marijuana
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Have you ever tried marijuana
Yes love it  
 10%  [ 34 ]
Yes dislike  
 7%  [ 24 ]
No would never  
 66%  [ 206 ]
One my bucket list  
 9%  [ 28 ]
Other  
 5%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 310

yo'ma

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 7:26 am
I have absolutely no interest the same way I have no interest in smoking cigarettes or drinking. Call me a prude and boring, I don’t care, I like myself this way. Tongue Out

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 7:38 am
I don't need alcohol to be fun. I will taste maybe once a year/a special thing. Nointerest per se in the "wine mommy" culture

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 7:40 am
No, because every few months a new study comes out that links it to long term delays in cognitive performance, as well as links to schizophrenia (although they admit theyre not yet sure if it causes itn or just exacerbates it in people who are at risk for it).

And every single addiction.org type website I ever looked on says that contrary to popular belief, marijuana can be physically addictive.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 7:40 am
When I was a teen, I self medicated my untreated depression. It helped in the short run, but it wasn't a good fit. I ate unhealthy food when I got the munchies, I slept a lot, and it made me cough badly.

I'm much happier with CBD oil, which is healthy and just takes down anxiety and softens muscle pain.

That said, I do have some weed butter in my fridge right now. If I have a really bad muscle spasm, I put it exactly on the spot, and let it absorb through the skin. It's a much nicer experience.

I have no desire to get high. I'd rather have a glass of wine.

solo

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 8:09 am
How do all of u have access to weed

cnc

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 8:43 am
solo wrote:

It’s all over the place and very easy to find.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 8:45 am
No time to read the thread. I voted never because I don't want to reduce my daas. If ch"v there was a medical need, I guess I'm glad it's an option.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 8:51 am
solo wrote:

Its legal where I live and sold in stores.
Still never tried it. No interest.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 8:51 am
Yes, I have. Wouldn't say I love it, but there are times it definitely helps.

tweek

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 8:58 am
No, because my mind is my most valuable thing I have and I don't want to tamper with it.

Also, because I believe in working through pain and difficulty, not masking it.

Last edited by tweek on Fri, Nov 22 2019, 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

flmommy

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 8:58 am
Yes BT. Tried in HS before I was Frum. Did not like.

marina

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 9:04 am
tried diff types many times in diff circumstances
Almost always zero or almost zero effect. total waste of that friend’s money. Would never spend my money on it. Glass of white wine has much stronger effect.

Gulabi

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 10:51 am
I'm with you marina, apart from a glass of bhang which I always partake of when I'm in India, I much prefer alcohol. Although I'm not good on wine, one glass and I'm really drunk! I like vodka

avrahamama

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 11:04 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
When I was a teen, I self medicated my untreated depression. It helped in the short run, but it wasn't a good fit. I ate unhealthy food when I got the munchies, I slept a lot, and it made me cough badly.

I'm much happier with CBD oil, which is healthy and just takes down anxiety and softens muscle pain.

That said, I do have some weed butter in my fridge right now. If I have a really bad muscle spasm, I put it exactly on the spot, and let it absorb through the skin. It's a much nicer experience.

I have no desire to get high. I'd rather have a glass of wine.

Do you think that could help with rheumatoid arthritis? My mom needs something but I can't see her getting high. It would be terrible for her anxiety.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 11:12 am
It's on my bucket list. You gotta try everything once. Maybe the next time we go on vaction without baby.

I don't think a married, settled person, who is happy with their life would get addicted from trying it once. (or so I hope lol.)

leah233

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 11:22 am
No. Never tried and never will.

Usually it takes about thirty years for a secular society to go from considering something unthinkingably wrong to a sacred right that all people must have.

In the case of marijuana not only did it become a sacred right, it also became a sacred rite ( of passage) among the more liberal groups.

Count me out.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 11:22 am
I voted "never," but reading the responses made me remember that it can help with nausea. If I ever got hyperemesis, I would probably try it.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 11:33 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
It's on my bucket list. You gotta try everything once. Maybe the next time we go on vaction without baby.

I don't think a married, settled person, who is happy with their life would get addicted from trying it once. (or so I hope lol.)

Do you really think that you have to try everything once? You must be a more adventurous person that I because I’m very comfortable NOT trying everything once .

Among the thing I have no desire to try:
Marijuana (I’d rather eat ice cream any day)
Cigarettes/vaping
Sky diving/bungee jumping/rapelling etc
Kashrut aside: bacon and shellfish
Halacha aside: tattoos
Plastic/cosmetic surgery

I’m sure I can go on. I personally consider what I’ve heard and read and then about things and then decide if It sounds like something I want to try. I’d rather spend more time doing things I know I enjoy (travel!) than trying everything once, which definitely speaks to my low risk tolerance.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 11:48 am
Not knowingly.
Meaning, I once attended a party at which, the brownies were spiked without my knowledge. I love brownies. Let’s just say I saw G-d in the emergency room. Oddly enough, the experience didn’t turn me off brownies (the regular UNadulterated kind ) but it did turn me off the crew who threw the party.

Why do you ask?

zaq

Post Fri, Nov 22 2019, 11:49 am
Pot has zero attraction to me and the smell of it makes me ill, so I would never even if it were just a salad vegetable. I’m not into alcohol either FTR. I like having all my wits about me , TYVM.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics