Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Has anyone tried AHAVA skin care products- anti aging?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 2:42 pm
I’m really impressed with the AHAVA hand cream. It works better than anything else I ever used.
Now I’m deciding if I should spend on their moisturizer or something similar used for anti aging.
Please tell me if you tried their facial products.

zaq

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 3:30 pm
I love Ahava products. (pun unintentional.) I can't tell you if they prevent aging--frankly, I believe that most "anti-aging" claims are false, except in the sense that good skin care slows the effects of aging, or rather, neglect hastens them. I think that keeping your face clean, using sunblock and giving your face a once-over with olive oil once or twice a day will do just as much or as little as the costliest anti-aging product around. (as well as all the common-sense stuff like not smoking, getting adequate sleep, eating all your vegetables blahblahblah.)

Ahava products are excellent quality, but my real reason for buying them is that they're made in Israel and I want to help the Israeli economy in whatever minuscule way I can. "Imported" has no allure for me, we have plenty of good skincare products of US manufacture, and I don't assume that products are better because they were made in another country. I support Israeli products because I support Israel.

That being said, I honestly believe that Israel produces great skincare products, whether the brand is Ahava or another.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 3:40 pm
zaq wrote:
I love Ahava products. (pun unintentional.) I can't tell you if they prevent aging--frankly, I believe that most "anti-aging" claims are false, except in the sense that good skin care slows the effects of aging, or rather, neglect hastens them. I think that keeping your face clean, using sunblock and giving your face a once-over with olive oil once or twice a day will do just as much or as little as the costliest anti-aging product around. (as well as all the common-sense stuff like not smoking, getting adequate sleep, eating all your vegetables blahblahblah.)

Ahava products are excellent quality, but my real reason for buying them is that they're made in Israel and I want to help the Israeli economy in whatever minuscule way I can. "Imported" has no allure for me, we have plenty of good skincare products of US manufacture, and I don't assume that products are better because they were made in another country. I support Israeli products because I support Israel.

That being said, I honestly believe that Israel produces great skincare products, whether the brand is Ahava or another.

It’s interesting because when I was in Israel I walked into an ahava store and the sales person was an Arab wearing a cross necklace! I was a bit disappointed that this was my experience when finally purchasing AHAVA products in Israel.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 3:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m really impressed with the AHAVA hand cream. It works better than anything else I ever used.
Now I’m deciding if I should spend on their moisturizer or something similar used for anti aging.
Please tell me if you tried their facial products.

Curios too

zaq

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 8:00 pm
Why disappointed? Employers hire the people they feel will do the best job for them. Like it or not, Israel is a democracy and promised in its Declaration of Independence to " ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or relations." Did you really expect them to hire only frum ladies from Bnei Brak?

amother
Foxglove

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 11:57 pm
when I was in israel this summer, on the way back from the south I saw a billboard for Ahava on the highway proudly proclaiming that they were open on shabbos Sad it made me lose any desire to ever purchase one of their products

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 12:16 am
zaq wrote:
Why disappointed? Employers hire the people they feel will do the best job for them. Like it or not, Israel is a democracy and promised in its Declaration of Independence to " ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or relations." Did you really expect them to hire only frum ladies from Bnei Brak?

No, just was expecting a Jewish saleswoman since it’s a Jewish company in Israel
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics