Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Enhanced SETSS Pendency SEIT pay rate Brooklyn
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:16 pm
What is the average pay rate ?
TIA

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What is the average pay rate ?
TIA

Between 65-75 an hour

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:59 pm
Thanks, that's very helpful.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 3:44 am
Anyone here work for Integrated? They are looking for providers and it says in their ad that they have the highest pay. I'm looking into a few agencies now and would love to know what the rate is.

Thanks

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 8:17 am
Bumping for morning crowd

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 9:08 am
I did pendency seit for a 5 yr old and got $65/hr but my understanding is that older kids may be slightly more. This was because centered based, I believe.
I think I get $72 for an enhanced setss case.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 7:50 pm
Thanks! Anyone here work for Integrated?

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 9:38 pm
Bumping this. What is the current pay rate for enhanced setts/pendency. Talking about an agency like special edge. Thanks

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 10:51 pm
I got $76/hour last year

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 11:05 pm
special edge gave me $72/hour for enhanced P3.
AIM paid me $74

I got $65/hr a couple of years ago doing pendency.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 11:06 pm
ha! I see I posted last year too!

mom24.7

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 11:07 pm
Pendancy between 72 and 78. Seit is less. 67 and 74 approx

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 11:14 pm
I heard of agencies paying as high as 80-90

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 11:36 pm
amother Blue wrote:
I heard of agencies paying as high as 80-90

Can you share please?? I’m getting in the 70s and I’m very experienced I want to know that I’m not being taken for a ride.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 11:41 pm
Enhanced rate SETSS, monolingual, between 73-78 IME.

If you are niche like bilingual, male willing to work in a yeshiva high school, specialized certification - then you can ask more, maybe 90-100.

Pendency runs differently than enhanced so I don't know about those.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Sep 06 2022, 11:49 pm
Omg these rates are insane!

Can someone please explain how it's possible that speech therapists are stuck at 65 an hour? It was literally the biggest mistake of my life not to go for special ed. My schooling took double the amount of time, and my students loans ran upwards of 60k. And now I am stuck making so much less $! And my job is so much harder because in order to fill a caseload a speech therapist needs 20-25 students which translates into tons of paperwork!

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 12:00 am
amother Oatmeal wrote:
Omg these rates are insane!

Can someone please explain how it's possible that speech therapists are stuck at 65 an hour? It was literally the biggest mistake of my life not to go for special ed. My schooling took double the amount of time, and my students loans ran upwards of 60k. And now I am stuck making so much less $! And my job is so much harder because in order to fill a caseload a speech therapist needs 20-25 students which translates into tons of paperwork!

Because the real rate for special ed is $42 an hour. There is no way for supply to meet demand at that rate anymore. So people started suing the DOE case by case to get individually approved for higher rates. Then agencies popped up to do this in bulk. The DOE is insane and would rather settle a zillion suits and pay a fortune instead of just setting a reasonable rate in the first place. However I predict that this bubble will pop and I'm not sure what happens then.

I hope that therapists are also going to be able to negotiate better rates. You're right that it isn't proportionate, especially since speech is mandated for shorter times than ed so you get fewer billable hours for each set of paperwork you do.

But yes I'm happy that I'm having a relatively good moment after way too may years of barely making ends meet on the lower rates. I hope it doesn't crash too hard when it all comes down. Because it will - they're not going to be able to sustain the amount of cases that are going to enhanced rate now that the agencies have gotten the hang of it so well. It's really snowballing.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 12:02 am
I heard 70+. Wondering what the rate is for someone with a specific specialty area.

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 12:03 am
seeker wrote:
Because the real rate for special ed is $42 an hour. There is no way for supply to meet demand at that rate anymore. So people started suing the DOE case by case to get individually approved for higher rates. Then agencies popped up to do this in bulk. The DOE is insane and would rather settle a zillion suits and pay a fortune instead of just setting a reasonable rate in the first place. However I predict that this bubble will pop and I'm not sure what happens then.

I hope that therapists are also going to be able to negotiate better rates. You're right that it isn't proportionate, especially since speech is mandated for shorter times than ed so you get fewer billable hours for each set of paperwork you do.

But yes I'm happy that I'm having a relatively good moment after way too may years of barely making ends meet on the lower rates. I hope it doesn't crash too hard when it all comes down. Because it will - they're not going to be able to sustain the amount of cases that are going to enhanced rate now that the agencies have gotten the hang of it so well. It's really snowballing.

That’s a scary thought

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 12:10 am
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics