Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
S/o why would people troll???

boots

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 3:00 pm
If you suspect a troll, why wouldn't you report the post instead of possibly hurting someone deeply?

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 3:08 pm
boots wrote:
If you suspect a troll, why wouldn't you report the post instead of possibly hurting someone deeply?

I was accused of living under a bridge by a poster. I know she is nuts in general. Why would I care about her opinion of me since I don't care about her opinion on anything?

If someone is so highly sensitive that they would get hurt deeply, then they shouldn't be on a website like this.

boots

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 3:18 pm
Squishy wrote:
I was accused of living under a bridge by a poster. I know she is nuts in general. Why would I care about her opinion of me since I don't care about her opinion on anything?

If someone is so highly sensitive that they would get hurt deeply, then they shouldn't be on a website like this.

Is that really the kind of site that we want to have?

People are posting anonymously because these are sensitive questions that they are too embarrassed to ask irl and instead of treading gently some of the women here trample all over them.

It's not how ppl would behave irl, so why lower their standards when posting here?

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 3:48 pm
boots wrote:
Is that really the kind of site that we want to have?

People are posting anonymously because these are sensitive questions that they are too embarrassed to ask irl and instead of treading gently some of the women here trample all over them.

It's not how ppl would behave irl, so why lower their standards when posting here?

I think people are more cautious when it is sensitive questions. But people are less cautious here than IRL. Someone who is going to get deeply hurt doesn't belong on the internet. You can't change the world.

I was told I live under a bridge on a thread about tablecloths of all things. Now, I think only a HSP could get deeply hurt by something like that?

ddmom

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 3:52 pm
Most people definitely don't behave like that in real life! They wouldn't dare!
The most innocent question here will get nasty responses! I'm not sure why.
I mostly post anonymous for that reason. Sad

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 3:55 pm
ddmom wrote:
Most people definitely don't behave like that in real life! They wouldn't dare!
The most innocent question here will get nasty responses! I'm not sure why.
I mostly post anonymous for that reason. Sad

And most people don't behave like that on here either.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics