Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I want a career where I can make 90,000$
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 12:34 pm
Computer science!! I'm just out of college and making 90+ (corporate environment if you're comfortable with that)
Just a BS, no masters degree required Smile Smile

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jan 13 2020, 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

momomany

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 12:41 pm
RN in NY, around the city about 90K. 3 year bachelors. 37.5 hour work with paid breaks, plus health/vision/dental insurance, and PTO

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 12:46 pm
momomany wrote:
RN in NY, around the city about 90K. 3 year bachelors. 37.5 hour work with paid breaks, plus health/vision/dental insurance, and PTO

I was just thinking RN ->NP is a good path.
I know nurses that went back to school to become nurse practitioner. While working as nurse. And work paid for degree.

momomany

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 12:49 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I know nurses that went back to school to become nurse practitioner. While working as nurse. And work paid for degree.

Yes. New York state grants can help pay for your 3 year RN bachelors degree (BSN) and once you are working, your employer should have a program that will cover much of the cost of an NP degree that will give you more earning power

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 12:50 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
App developer
Pharmacist
Audiologist
Dermatologist
Podiatrist
Lawyer (big law)
CPA (big 4)
Psychiatrist

Do you like math or science? How many years do you want to spend in school? What type of hours do you want to work?

It also depends where you live special ed or speech can earn a lot in ny but a lot less in Baltimore

Some of what you posted there easily makes over $500,000 annually in the trial state area. But can require 6 to 12+ years of schooling.

If NY public school teachers in a decent district make around $100,000 plus benefits and have the summers off.

What state are you in?

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 1:15 pm
I'm very smart and a hard worker but I have no interest in math, science, or computers. It isn't that I can't do it, I find computers boring, medical stuff scares me (I hate blood), and accounting isn't up my alley. I wish there were higher paying jobs not in STEM fields. Sad

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 1:21 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I'm very smart and a hard worker but I have no interest in math, science, or computers. It isn't that I can't do it, I find computers boring, medical stuff scares me (I hate blood), and accounting isn't up my alley. I wish there were higher paying jobs not in STEM fields. Sad

You sound like you'd do real as a mortgage broker.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 1:39 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

I know lots and lots of nurses. If you're going to do this, be prepared to work a lot and work really, really hard. And you're going to be put on nights for a very long time, so just be ready for that eventuality. You can make less by working in a doctor's office, but you won't get experience that way.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 1:41 pm
momomany wrote:
Yes. New York state grants can help pay for your 3 year RN bachelors degree (BSN) and once you are working, your employer should have a program that will cover much of the cost of an NP degree that will give you more earning power

The employer pays very little toward the cost of the NP degree, and they have a lot of stipulations tied to that money. You have to be working there for a certain amount of time and you have to commit to staying in their job, or they will demand their money back.

You also have to somehow fit NP school and doing clinical work while you're working nights in a hospital. It's not easy. I don't know why so many frum women go into this field.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 1:45 pm
flowers12345 wrote:
Computer science!! I'm just out of college and making 90+ (corporate environment if you're comfortable with that)
Just a BS, no masters degree required Smile Smile

What hours do you work? Are you working in the Manhattan?

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 1:46 pm
Tech field
Science/math fields

momomany

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 1:49 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I know lots and lots of nurses. If you're going to do this, be prepared to work a lot and work really, really hard. And you're going to be put on nights for a very long time, so just be ready for that eventuality. You can make less by working in a doctor's office, but you won't get experience that way.

Actually at my first job I was able.to switch to days within 6 months. My friend as well. It is unit dependent and hospital dependent. As far as working hard, if you love what you do than it doesnt feel like work. Regardless, OP says she doesnt want the medical field.
I undersrand that you want to help, but you are goving misinformation that you have learned via hearsay

momomany

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 1:53 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
The employer pays very little toward the cost of the NP degree, and they have a lot of stipulations tied to that money. You have to be working there for a certain amount of time and you have to commit to staying in their job, or they will demand their money back.

You also have to somehow fit NP school and doing clinical work while you're working nights in a hospital. It's not easy. I don't know why so many frum women go into this field.

More inaccuracies. My current employer will cover my tuition fully at a cuny or suny college with the only stipulation that they do so while I am employed there full time. Many of my colleagues have already completed their NP degrees in this way. This is a nursing union benefit for us. Again, these benefits are specific to your particular employer, but this is not unusual in nursing

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 2:00 pm
momomany wrote:
Actually at my first job I was able.to switch to days within 6 months. My friend as well. It is unit dependent and hospital dependent. As far as working hard, if you love what you do than it doesnt feel like work. Regardless, OP says she doesnt want the medical field.
I undersrand that you want to help, but you are goving misinformation that you have learned via hearsay

My sis bh just completely nursing school. The type of misinformation pp wrote about is coming from other nurses who arent happy in the fields. I asked my 2 sils who are nurses for info before my sis started and they were cursing it out. One doesn't work as a nurse anymore, she has an office job and one works 1 or 2 days a week.. I think it was very hard on both of them...

momomany

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 2:01 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I don't know why so many frum women go into this field.

Regarding nursing:. Because we have a passion for this job!
I love love love what I do and I come home exhilarated and on a high knowing that I have used my skills, smarts and compassion to make a huge difference in my patients' lives. The human body fascinates me... seeing and understanding the marvel of hashems creation daily in the intricate workings of the body never gets boring for me. Working in tandem with medical providers of all calibers, beimg an integral part of the team is super gratifying. Is the work hard? Often. Are the shofts long? Yes. Would I trade my job as a nurse for anything? Absolutely not!

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 2:04 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:

If NY public school teachers in a decent district make around $100,000 plus benefits and have the summers off.

I'm pretty sure the DOE pays the same no matter what district you work in. And it takes several years plus a masters degree or two to earn over 100K.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 2:52 pm
OP. If you are good in math

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Jan 04 2020, 6:29 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
OP. If you are good in math

Not necessarily. You need a lot!!!!! of time and patience to become qualified. I have the degree and one exam. I graduated top of the class. Then I had kids. It’s not doable for me anymore.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 11:45 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

Law?

happyone

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 11:50 am
Real Estate . the trainings arent long and the market is high in the tri state area.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics