Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation after child being sick

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 12:17 pm
My 10 year old has been sick on and off for the past 3 weeks. Last week her class went on an overnight trip upstate, but she was not able to go due to being sick and running a fever. We told her that we would make it up to her by going away on vacation somewhere during winter break (She really wants to go to Camelback). She is feeling much better BH and I hope to send her back to school tomorrow. We were thinking of going away on Monday but now my husband thinks going away is not a great idea, considering our daughter has been sick for the past 3 weeks, even though she is starting to feel better. He thinks her immune system should take the time to heal over winter break so that she doesn't miss any more school. If you were in my situation, would you still go, if your child was feeling much better? I just feel terrible taking winter vacation away from her too 😢
P.S. I took her to the doctor twice over the past 3 weeks and she has just been running a virus. No flu, no strep.

dankbar

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 12:28 pm
Camelback, is a water park no? might be too many germs there. Maybe a nice outing, where not so many germs are around is better

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 12:59 pm
dankbar wrote:
Camelback, is a water park no? might be too many germs there. Maybe a nice outing, where not so many germs are around is better

Indoor pools and indoor waterparks have the least germs because the water is full of chlorine and it kills the germs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics