Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Jewish dvd's and computer games-who's right?

Sparkle

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 11:49 pm
I spend about 200$ a year on these (adding up all the Jewish music, CD-ROM's, DVD's, computer games, etc.) My husband thinks I spend too much $ on these? How much do you find yourself spending per year on these items for your kids?

gryp

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 8:01 am
I guess it would depend on how many kids you have, their ages, what kind of things they like, etc.

BlumaG

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 10:10 am
I have little kids and usually use present money like for birthdays n chanukah for these thnigs. but we spend at least $100 a year, probably more
if u want ur kids exposed to the right things than y not, but maybe buy just one or 2 things am onth so its not a lump sum doesnt seem so expensive

grin

Post Fri, Jan 18 2008, 1:47 am
are you sure you're posting in the right section?! Since when do preschoolers "need" computer or DVD anything?! IMO, it numbs the brain and exposes them to too much sensations all at once, shortening their attention span. Computers do NOT develop a child - they're a handy babysitter (more numbing than Ritalin, IMO) and good for math exercises -when they reach that age.
I'm not saying I don't have that stuff in my house - but they're geared to much older kids, and it's only because otherwise they'll go to their freinds to watch worse stuff unsupervised (def. not a factor here).
Try Lego, Playdo, puzzles, etc - tried and true for generations and money well-spent.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 12:38 pm
I buy like three a year-uncle moishy, miami or yeshive and maybe one more-for desperate times
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers