Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What do u think is easier
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:22 pm
To be a man or a women? Im a women . We have hard responsibility's , were really the ones building our homes and the list goes on . A man really has the responsibility of bringing in money which I find even harder . I sometimes feel soo bad for them for this pressure of having the ull to make sure bills or other stuff are paid up . I always try in all ways to help in financially. I thank hashem for making me be a women . Im sure some men think they could never manage household... are you happy with your gender?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:25 pm
Childbearing is so so so so hard. But I wouldn't trade it for working, time mitzvos etc, also I live for when women had maids. But we have better medicine, so ok. I wouldn't want to be a man even though physically it is easier as they do not have long months of hard, pain, exhaustion...

mig100

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:26 pm
Yes I'm happy to be a women. Much less pressure and there's nothing as satisfying and rewarding as giving birth nurturing and raising your own kids.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:29 pm
If it was on me to earn a living and support this family financially we'd be homeless. I don't do structure or authority all that well. Very grateful for the more fluid schedule and varried tasks and autonomy of being a SAHM.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
To be a man or a women? Im a women . We have hard responsibility's , were really the ones building our homes and the list goes on . A man really has the responsibility of bringing in money which I find even harder . I sometimes feel soo bad for them for this pressure of having the ull to make sure bills or other stuff are paid up . I always try in all ways to help in financially. I thank hashem for making me be a women . Im sure some men think they could never manage household... are you happy with your gender?

I love that I am a woman instead of a man but I hate that I get periods, hate going through pregnancy/labor, hate going to the mikvah, hate wearing makeup or high heels or dresses/skirts (and I am not that old yet but I dont think I would like menopause either based on the feedback I got from other women who experienced it). I do work so that is not something that is solely a mans thing but I wouldnt want to have to daven three times a day or go to the mikvah in front of other men (but it all sounds easier than getting a monthly period or having to go through labor). It would be nice to pick and choose what parts I want from both genders but no one asked me so I have to live with all the imperfections. Oh well Can't Believe It

Zehava

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:42 pm
Woman
Woman woman woman
Please learn to spell your own gender

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:45 pm
many go without make up heels etc

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:46 pm
Zehava wrote:
Woman
Woman woman woman
Please learn to spell your own gender

Honey, anyone who uses "U" to replace "you", is hardly going to be this year's spelling bee champion.

Rappel

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:50 pm
Honestly? I think I would find it much easier to live like a man. I'm just wired that way.

My life's challenge is to learn how to be womanly, and it is very challenging - but I like a challenge. Smile

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 2:58 pm
Woman. Even though it’s hard with all responsibilities I find it much more meaningful. I hate having pressure. Raising a family is more of a responsibility. Bringing in money to pay bills is a pressure (I work 7 hours a day but I don’t have the pressure)

qwerty4

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 3:00 pm
I'm not sure about all other aspects, but the hardest part of being a woman, the childbearing and birth, is something I cannot imagine giving up. I want to be the parent who gave birth to this child, and feel a little bad for my husband that he doesn't get this opportunity. I would probably be insanely jealous if it were the other way around.

Gerbera

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 3:04 pm
In general I say man way easier. In this household we share the responsibility of financially providing for our family so not feeling that he's got any more stress or pressure there than I do. I'd gladly switch lol!

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 3:11 pm
mig100 wrote:
Yes I'm happy to be a women. Much less pressure and there's nothing as satisfying and rewarding as giving birth nurturing and raising your own kids.
Just to point out, the only thing that a man cant do is the birthing part. Any father can (and should) nurture and raise their own children.

banana123

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 3:12 pm
No way would I want to trade roles. Much better to be a woman than a man.

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 3:24 pm
Having never been a man, tried to pass for a man, or had a dream in which I was a man, I really couldn’t say.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 3:27 pm
You don’t have to feel soooo bad for your husband that he has to pay bills. I pay all our bills and it’s really not that difficult in 2020.

freilich

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 3:51 pm
Hey! Being a man would be so difficult. I would have to contend with a wife.

Oh,bother Wink

Ravenclaw

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 3:59 pm
I am so grateful that I am...

...not in the kind of relationship where I feel like I have to confine myself to gender roles. I can do what I am good at, make money, do my best and when it comes to the things neither of us are good at we get to brainstorm together and divide it.

That being said, if our genders were reversed it would have been a disaster. Cuz I am strongly opinionated and if I was told by society that I have the final authority since I am male... so at least now it’s balanced.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 4:01 pm
In gashmius, a woman has it much harder but in ruchnius, it's harder for a man.
I'm not good at housekeeping and motherhood and my hormones make life so difficult. But I can't imagine minyan 3 times a day, the pressure bochurim are under, it's harder to stay frum as a man I think.

Ravenclaw

Post Thu, Jan 23 2020, 4:02 pm
Ok, my previous answer wasn’t clear cut. Here is what I think:

It’s easier to be a good woman than a good man. But if you don’t care about being frum/responsible/kind/etc then it’s easier to be a man.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics