Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
4 years old boy saying it hurts him
Previous  1  2

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 9:04 am
mom2mysouls wrote:
One of my boys actually did have surgery done for urethral meatal stenosis - the opening being too small. It has nothing to do with milah though. My pediatrician noticed when he was 5, and sent us to a pediatric urologist.

Mine was from the Mila not being done that well

malki2

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 9:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Omg thank you! That’s crazy!

I’m not saying necessarily that your son has this issue, my point just was that these things do occur and you should definitely have him looked at. Hopefully it will be nothing. And when I say “experienced mohel”, I mean someone who has been doing brissim for many years, and who has likely done brissim in the thousands. If you live OOT, it may be better to see someone in a larger city. Hatzlacha!

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 9:41 am
Please run to the doctor!!!it can be very dangerous!!!

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Mine was from the Mila not being done that well

That makes no sense.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 9:54 am
Thanks Malki ! The only thing is that the mohel who did his bris is the most experienced here where I live... he is the on every who did my husbands bris (32 years old) so it’s not like he is an young one... but maybe I should go to a urologist

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 9:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks Malki ! The only thing is that the mohel who did his bris is the most experienced here where I live... he is the one who did my husbands bris (32 years old) so it’s not like he is an young one... but maybe I should go to a urologist

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 10:00 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Please run to the doctor!!!it can be very dangerous!!!

You're referring to severe testicular pain, which is not what OP is referring to. Let's not get hysterical. She does have to look into it, but it does not sound like an emergency.

malki2

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 10:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks Malki ! The only thing is that the mohel who did his bris is the most experienced here where I live... he is the on every who did my husbands bris (32 years old) so it’s not like he is an young one... but maybe I should go to a urologist

Would you mind telling me the area where you live? If I am familiar, I may be able to recommend someone. Also, I hate to say this, but I have heard of a coupon of very experienced mohalim who have been doing their brissim the same “improper” way for their entire careers, not necessarily with negative results each time, but with more frequency than some. So that’s why it helps to get a second opinion from a different experienced mohel.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 10:16 am
What malky2 is saying makes sense. We are close friends with an experienced mohel who specializes in corrective surgery. It happens more often than you think...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 10:22 am
malki2 wrote:
Would you mind telling me the area where you live? If I am familiar, I may be able to recommend someone. Also, I hate to say this, but I have heard of a coupon of very experienced mohalim who have been doing their brissim the same “improper” way for their entire careers, not necessarily with negative results each time, but with more frequency than some. So that’s why it helps to get a second opinion from a different experienced mohel.

Latin America :-/

malki2

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 10:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Latin America :-/

:-/

I really don’t think it’s any kind of emergency, but it should be diagnosed and corrected if necessary sooner rather than later. (You can go to a local doctor just to rule out infection or something like that.) If you ever come to the NY/NJ area, or any other area with a large Jewish population, I would wait to show it to someone very experienced there.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 10:32 am
ectomorph wrote:
I have multiple boys and this makes no sense. Go to a different pediatrician.

Anti bris milah agenda on the part of your pediatrician is the most likely explanation.

From where did you get that the pediatrician is anti bris mila? The only mention of a pediatrician was when op asked IF she should discuss it with her pediatrician.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 10:55 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Same. I have several sons, and one of them (5 years) has been getting erections since he was literally a baby. Seems to like it.

Saaaaaame Lol my 3 year old also seems to like it, and it cracks me up

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 11:35 am
Boys get erections from when they're babies..Is he really in pain or just discomfort? The latter could be a 4 yr old way of saying pain. It could be something as silly as tight underwear or pants.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:08 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Boys get erections from when they're babies..Is he really in pain or just discomfort? The latter could be a 4 yr old way of saying pain. It could be something as silly as tight underwear or pants.
he doesn’t cry, doesn’t scream ... only when it’s happening he tells me : mommy it hurts! At the beginning at though it was just that he is not used to this sensation but after I read this about bris milah a got worried

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 1:46 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
You're referring to severe testicular pain, which is not what OP is referring to. Let's not get hysterical. She does have to look into it, but it does not sound like an emergency.

Are you a doctor!!???!!!do you know how many stories I heard!
Op
Tell me you took your child to a doctor!!!

malki2

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 10:17 pm
OP, please keep us posted regarding your resolution of this issue.

mlc

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 10:19 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
What malky2 is saying makes sense. We are close friends with an experienced mohel who specializes in corrective surgery. It happens more often than you think...

This.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics