Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Teen girls camp
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 8:18 pm
Im seeing many advertisements for teen camps here in lakewood but dont know any other info. Can someone help me out with info,would love to know the crowds that send to each.(aka which schools), how over the top they are etc.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 8:02 am
I'm in the same boat, as my DD has "graduated" the younger daycamps.

I would love to send her to Camp Meoros (Malky Grossman) because I was thrilled with the program for my big girls.

All of the teen programs will have a degree of being "over the top" because they won't attract campers if they don't. Overnights, some big trips, breakouts, etc...

However, I loved that Camp Meoros had a nice dose of good wholesome fun mixed in. I also loved how she empowered the girls to be creative and shine. They had a play that they put up literally in like 3 days, and the girls can join whatever they like, and she pushes kids to go beyond themselves - shy girl sings that solo, kid who never danced before finds herself doing it....

It's the type of program that works for kids who like to get lively, so a girl who would be overwhelmed by teen shtick might not like it. For my big girls (and some of my nieces), it was perfect.

Ultimately though, they want to go where their friends go, so I don't know what will be with my next DD....trying to feel it all out.

sky

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 8:08 am
Chayalle wrote:
I'm in the same boat, as my DD has "graduated" the younger daycamps.

I would love to send her to Camp Meoros (Malky Grossman) because I was thrilled with the program for my big girls.

All of the teen programs will have a degree of being "over the top" because they won't attract campers if they don't. Overnights, some big trips, breakouts, etc...

However, I loved that Camp Meoros had a nice dose of good wholesome fun mixed in. I also loved how she empowered the girls to be creative and shine. They had a play that they put up literally in like 3 days, and the girls can join whatever they like, and she pushes kids to go beyond themselves - shy girl sings that solo, kid who never danced before finds herself doing it....

It's the type of program that works for kids who like to get lively, so a girl who would be overwhelmed by teen shtick might not like it. For my big girls (and some of my nieces), it was perfect.

Ultimately though, they want to go where their friends go, so I don't know what will be with my next DD....trying to feel it all out.

Which camp meoros? The one hat has 3rd-5th and then teen division for 6th-7th?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 8:12 am
sky wrote:
Which camp meoros? The one hat has 3rd-5th and then teen division for 6th-7th?

No, it's one that has only upper grades. I think 6th-7th. Maybe also 8th. As posted, it's run by Malky Grossman.

I think Sari Liss runs the other Camp Meoros (she's also great, but that's for younger kids.)

lkwdgirl

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 8:49 am
Camp Ramah is AMAZING!!!!! It’s run by Rochel Leah Kaluszyner and an absolutely great program

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 9:12 am
Tell us more. What crowd goes there? What's great about the program?

TIA!

Chaya123

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 9:18 am
My daughter is going to teen time iyh. It's just first half and non stop action and fun!

keym

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 9:43 am
My daughter went to Maalot. She loved it. 1st half. Like many teen camps, it was "over the top" with an overnight, 1-2 late night trips, random trips, etc, swims.
But they had a nice workshop program with various craft and baking activities rotated on a weekly basis.
They had a nice group "achdus" feel.
But when the 4 weeks were over, she was DONE with camp. It was cramming 8 weeks into 4, and she was very happy to spend the rest of the summer working in a backyard camp.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 10:42 am
Thank you everyone for responding would love to hear more about the crowds in each please. Also I love the advertisements for camp it anyone have any info?

keym

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 10:45 am
I think most camps are a huge mix.
Maalot was Bais Faiga, Bnos Devorah, Bais Rivka Rochel, Bnos Yaakov, Bnos Brocha, Bais Rochel. Off the top of my head.
I see most girls go to camp with a combination of school friends and neighbors so there ends up being a huge mix in all camps, and total mazel each year.

Chaya123

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:21 am
Teen Time attracts Bais Rochel, Bnos Bina, Bnos Melech, guess more of a heimish/chassidish/yeshivish crowd.

Chaya123

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you everyone for responding would love to hear more about the crowds in each please. Also I love the advertisements for camp it anyone have any info?

check out BP camp section for all ads.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:25 am
Chaya123 wrote:
check out BP camp section for all ads.

I saw all the ads that's why I'm on here asking for more info.

Chaya123

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I saw all the ads that's why I'm on here asking for more info.

Teen Time should be there.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:30 am
Chaya123 wrote:
Teen Time should be there.

Thank you, I'm not looking for bais rochel, bas melech crowd though.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Feb 07 2020, 6:57 am
keym wrote:
My daughter went to Maalot. She loved it. 1st half. Like many teen camps, it was "over the top" with an overnight, 1-2 late night trips, random trips, etc, swims.
But they had a nice workshop program with various craft and baking activities rotated on a weekly basis.
They had a nice group "achdus" feel.
But when the 4 weeks were over, she was DONE with camp. It was cramming 8 weeks into 4, and she was very happy to spend the rest of the summer working in a backyard camp.

Looks like this is where my DD is headed, based on classmates, friends, etc....

Thanks for the recommendation...makes me feel better!

keym

Post Fri, Feb 07 2020, 7:25 am
Chayalle wrote:
Looks like this is where my DD is headed, based on classmates, friends, etc....

Thanks for the recommendation...makes me feel better!

Enjoy. Let me know how she enjoys.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 10:14 pm
Teen time is $745 for 1 half plus 95 transportation is that standard pricing or is this camp more pricey?

oh em gee

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 10:15 pm
Any info on teen camps less over the top than the ones mentioned above?

oh em gee

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 10:15 pm
Double post
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries