Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Mom pyjamas
1  2  Next

Rappel

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 12:53 pm
Well, this is it: I'm finally buying pyjama sets, for the first time since I was, like, 3.

I've lived in holey sweatpants and t-shirts for many years, but they're finally all worn out, and I'm feeling the urge to classy up. Especially since I'm now certain to visit my kids at least once a night, I want to feel comfy, feminine, and put together in my night wear.

But what to pick?

Nightgowns are the natural "feminine" option, but I somehow don't feel comfortable with the idea. I think I would feel about 3 years old if I put on a night gown again. And pants feel more covered, somehow; certainly, they don't hike up.

I like the practicality of the button-down shirt and pants sets - they look easy, comfy, and great for nursing. But I want one with a feminine flair, and many simply look...staid. Like, a ruffle, a ribbon, anything, guys? I don't plan on smoking a pipe while wearing this, so why should I dress like it?

Then there are the baggy t-shirts and pants sets. But aside from the fact that I'll feel ridiculous spending money on sets of what I've been wearing for upward of a decade, I don't think that I'll be good about keeping the coordinated sets together, and that defeats the whole purpose of "classy and put together."

Thoughts? Any links or suggestions? What would you go for?

(And yes, this thread is light hearted. Feel free to link to anything bizarre or funny you come across in the search for Rappel's Perfect Pyjamas!)

yonabets

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 1:07 pm
I just bought very cute nightgowns of delta!(long one)
I feel young and cute... and it's very comfortable...

Rappel

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 1:14 pm
yonabets wrote:
I just bought very cute nightgowns of delta!(long one)
I feel young and cute... and it's very comfortable...

Link please? Smile I just tried to search it myself, and all I found on their site was a Disney party.

I was about to order from Next, when I saw that all their non-stretch pyjamas were 100% viscose. That sounds like a yeast infection waiting to happen. Am I wrong?

yonabets

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 1:18 pm
I went in Delta not online...
I agree with you for viscose!

Rappel

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 1:31 pm
yonabets wrote:
I went in Delta not online...
I agree with you for viscose!

Which begs the question: do British women simply not get yeast infections? Does the cold freeze the bacteria? How do they manage to sell these pyjamas without getting reported to the Ministry of Health? It's an outrage, a scandal.

DrMom

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 5:41 pm
You should be able to find nice comfy cotton pajama sets (long pants and top) in any dept store or lingerie store. If you are in Israel, try Delta.

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 6:20 pm
[quote="Rappel"]Which begs the question: do British women simply not get yeast infections? Does the cold freeze the bacteria? How do they manage to sell these pyjamas without getting reported to the Ministry of Health? It's an outrage,

Haha lol. I'm from the UK and I get yeast infections from time to time. Don't have viscose pjs though. I wish the cold did prevent them! Smile

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 6:42 pm
I get adorable ones every now on them on Kate spade website clearance section. I got leopard ones that were summery. Then I got velvety soft black velour ones that had cute pink lips on it with winking eyes lol. Another cute look I sometimes wear is sleep shirts or these cute sweatshirt dresses that hit above the knee with leggings underneath

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 6:42 pm
Rappel wrote:
Which begs the question: do British women simply not get yeast infections? Does the cold freeze the bacteria? How do they manage to sell these pyjamas without getting reported to the Ministry of Health? It's an outrage, a scandal.

Haha! I pick out the cotton ones!

Try this link

https://www.next.co.uk/search?.....e#1_5

The ones which say cotton blend are just that and the ones which say cotton are 100% cotton.

MiriFr

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 6:48 pm
First of all: pAjamas.

Forever 21 has cute, cheap sets!

mizle10

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 7:44 pm
MiriFr wrote:
First of all: pAjamas.

Forever 21 has cute, cheap sets!

Depends where you are from Smile

bigsis144

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 7:45 pm
So funny, I specifically prefer men’s pajama pants - the cotton feels much sturdier and more opaque... all my women’s pajama pants start getting see through in the knees and seat area from friction or something?

I buy 100% cotton “lounge pants” with nice wide elastic bands - they don’t look shleppy like sweat pants. And the solid colors let me match them with various cute tops and look put-together.
https://smile.amazon.com/CYZ-C.....r=8-4

Last edited by bigsis144 on Sat, Feb 01 2020, 8:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 7:47 pm
Leggings with a cute loose T-shirt!

bigsis144

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 8:11 pm
Are you a Harry Potter fan?
[img] https://target.scene7.com/is/I.....lt=80 [/img]

bigsis144

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 8:18 pm
These are buttons down and floral -
https://smile.amazon.com/GLOBA.....psc=1

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 8:29 pm
Do you have a primark near you?
I got the most cozy inexpensive pants and tops sets there. Knits and velour. And the tops I got are pretty tzinius so all I have to is throw on a skirt in the morning if I have to run downstairs.

bsy

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 8:31 pm
Carol hochman makes nice sets

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 9:02 pm
I'm in my thirties and don't want to dress older than I am. I wear cute t shirts with coordinating lounger pants. They're not ratty or baggy, they're just comfy, cute, and well fitting.

MiriFr

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 9:16 pm
mizle10 wrote:
Depends where you are from Smile

I'm jooookiiiiing!
I would never make fun of someone's spelling mistakes! Pajamas with a "y" cracks me up for some reason

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 9:26 pm
I recommend a pretty nightshirt (not a nightgown) with leggings. Very comfortable and feminine.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics