Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Women going to coed gym?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:58 pm
gingie37 wrote:
Wow. Do you also judge the frumkeit of men who go to the gym?

Yes - even more than I would question a women I would say a mixes gym is so inappropriate for a frum man . People should buy exercise equipment for their home.
The only time I was given a psak to exercise in front of men was for physical therapy because that was the only way insurance covered it and it was for refuah .

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:05 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Same. Trying to picture bald chassidish ladies at a mixed gym...

If she uncovers her hair at the gym, she obviously doesn't shave. Many chassidish women don't shave now days, especially the young one's.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:07 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
When you walk home from work, your breasts and behind aren't shaking in all directions like when you're working out.

Haha, maybe I wasn't working out right, but that wasn't a thing at the gym any more than when I am walking. I did weights and treadmill - no bouncing in weights, and treadmill is just pointless indoor walking. So, I don't see the difference between using the gym and walking home from work.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:09 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Yes - even more than I would question a women I would say a mixes gym is so inappropriate for a frum man . People should buy exercise equipment for their home.
The only time I was given a psak to exercise in front of men was for physical therapy because that was the only way insurance covered it and it was for refuah .

Not everyone has the money and space for excercise equipment at home. People should mind their own business.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:13 pm
notshanarishona wrote:

So you're saying it's wrong for her reasons but for monetary reasons it's ok? If your rav thought it.was totally wrong he wouldn't tell you to do it because insurance would pay.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:13 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I seen it so much that modern or JPF people are frummer then chassidish when it comes to certain things.

Bec of one lady?
Or a tiny minority you know?
None of the chassidish ladies I know do this.
Not even one.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:15 pm
What's wrong with going to a mixed gym if you're dressed in a tzniusdik way ? It can be done. Long sleeve t, hair covered , leggings with a skirt on top . What's wrong with that ?

tigerwife

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:15 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
When you walk home from work, your breasts and behind aren't shaking in all directions like when you're working out.

Honestly, for someone promoting tznius, this is a very vulgar way to prove your point.

OP, the older we get, the more we see that people aren’t perfect. Just because many people in your neighborhood do it, doesn’t mean it is correct. And this goes for everything, not just mixed gyms.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:16 pm
Are you sure that there are no women-only classes at that gym?

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:19 pm
We have female only classes. Many women uncover their hair, including Chassidish ones. I don't get the big deal. If there are no men there it's not against Halacha.
I know this thread is about co-ed but someone was surprised a chassidish woman removed her headcovering. ETA In our female only class it's totally fine and they seem to know their Halachos.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:21 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I go to a coed gym.. I don’t cover my hair when I go and I wear leggings/short sleeve T shirt. (Chassidish btw) my husband could not care less as long as I’m happy and get my workout in he’s fine with it. I would say MYOB. It doesn’t mean that you’re frummer or better than because you don’t go to coed gym.. everyone should live and let live..

No one said anyone is better and no one is telling you what to do but you cant argue with the fact that uncovering your hair , wearing pants and short sleeves makes you less frum than someone that covers their hair out in public . This isnt a who is frummer contest and everyone can do wtvr they want and no one is judging but the fact is that some people are less frum and some are more frum . That's all

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:21 pm
notshanarishona wrote:

So when there was a financial incentive that made the lack of tnius OK?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:23 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
We have female only classes. Many women uncover their hair, including Chassidish ones. I don't get the big deal. If there are no men there it's not against Halacha.
I know this thread is about co-ed but someone was surprised a chassidish woman removed her headcovering. She obviously knows her Halachos.

Just because shes chasidish doesnt mean she knows halacha

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:23 pm
This is why a genuinely frum woman should not exercise. A true Eishet Chayil sits on her couch, in a velvet robe, and eats chocolate.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:25 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I know this thread is about co-ed but someone was surprised a chassidish woman removed her headcovering. She obviously knows her Halachos.

Obviously the question here isn’t about female only.
Poster said she is chasidishe, coed, and goes uncovered hair.
I find that interesting.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:25 pm

Last edited by amother on Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:26 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Just because shes chasidish doesnt mean she knows halacha

You missed my point.
In spite of them being chassidish, where people are sometimes taught minhagim as Halacha, these ones knew what is Halacha. (I'm referring to chassidish women uncovering hair in women only class)

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:26 pm
You can go to the gym while dressed appropriately. Going to the gym doesnt mean you can just throw hilchos tznius out the window. Skirt, pants , long tshirt and a hair covering. It's really not a big deal .

amother
Green

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:27 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
This is why a genuinely frum woman should not exercise. A true Eishet Chayil sits on her couch, in a velvet robe, and eats chocolate.

Yes, exactly this is what makes me genuinely frum woman.
Thank you. I needed that validation.
Proud to be the ultimate eishet chayil

asmileaday

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:27 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:

Thank you! Waiting all day for this validation.
*goes to sit on the couch to enjoy my chocolate*
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise