Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Women going to coed gym?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:28 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
This is why a genuinely frum woman should not exercise. A true Eishet Chayil sits on her couch, in a velvet robe, and eats chocolate.

Love love love!

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:34 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
We have female only classes. Many women uncover their hair, including Chassidish ones. I don't get the big deal. If there are no men there it's not against Halacha.
I know this thread is about co-ed but someone was surprised a chassidish woman removed her headcovering. She obviously knows her Halachos.

She said she uncovers her hair and wears shorts in a mixed gym, not in a women's only class. So she obviously doesn't know her halachos.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:38 pm
When I lived in a condo, I used the gym. I dressed completely tznius. It never occurred to me that it wasn’t appropriate. How is exercising different from running in a marathon?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:42 pm
Don't you know? Running in a marathon is not oisgehalten? That's the men's job. Our job is to bake kokosh cake.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:44 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Don't you know? Running in a marathon is not oisgehalten? That's the men's job. Our job is to bake kokosh cake.

I'll eat the kokosh cake too thank you very much . Very Happy

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:44 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
When I lived in a condo, I used the gym. I dressed completely tznius. It never occurred to me that it wasn’t appropriate. How is exercising different from running in a marathon?

I personally would not use a co-ed gym, nor would I run publicly in a marathon.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:45 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:

Nothing wrong with exercising when you're dressed tznius.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:45 pm
So what am I supposed to do, die of heart disease? Plant a money tree so I can afford your fancy separate gyms?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:47 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
So what am I supposed to do, die of heart disease? Plant a money tree so I can afford your fancy separate gyms?

No one told you not to go to the gym . You can go to the gym and you should ! I dont understand what the big deal is ?!

happinessseeker

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:47 pm
Why are people questioning other people’s “frumkeit”? Why are we so busy looking?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:48 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:

A treadmill is not so expensive. If you're really dying of heart disease I'm sure you can afford it.

thriver

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:56 pm
My grandmother, a very yeshivish, tznius, learned woman, told me that she would go swimming in the coed gym early in the mornings when no one was around—yes there was a male lifeguard. I don’t know if what her bathing suit looked like, but exercise is for health, and my grandmother lived in good health, physically and mentally, until her passing at 102. Ask your own LOR. You can discuss all alternate possibilities and decide together with a competent authority what is most appropriate for your personal situation.

Best of health to everyone.

singleagain

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:56 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
A treadmill is not so expensive. If you're really dying of heart disease I'm sure you can afford it.

Sometimes with some people going to a designated exercise place is better motivation.

Similarly, couldn't do online college, bc in my house I wouldn't have the discipline to do the work. Same for some people and gyms.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:57 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

That is completely inappropriate and not your place. Do you know what her budget looks like? Do you know if she has space for a machine?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 7:59 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I'll eat the kokosh cake too thank you very much . Very Happy

After careful consideration, I am going to pasken that it is acceptable to eat the Kokosh, on the couch, in the velvet robe, as long as it is chocolate kokash.
Vanilla and cinnamon are NOT acceptable.
If you have a chocolate allergy, you may come and discuss the possibility of getting a heter, but it will depend on many factors, including but not limited to; what your reaction is, how severe the allergic reaction is, what types of treatments you have already endured to try to overcome the allergy, and what segulos you have tried.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 8:00 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
I personally would not use a co-ed gym, nor would I run publicly in a marathon.

That’s fine, but many frum women do and frum organizations have teams to raise money.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 8:08 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
This is why a genuinely frum woman should not exercise. A true Eishet Chayil sits on her couch, in a velvet robe, and eats chocolate.

Exactly! Even at home She shouldn’t do certain movements like bending down to empty the dishwasher or washing the floors.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 8:10 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Exactly! Even at home She shouldn’t do certain movements like bending down to empty the dishwasher or washing the floors.

I could not agree more!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 8:12 pm
At wits end At wits end At wits end

Check your own actions before checking others and mind your own business.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 8:20 pm
For those who say that there's no problem as long as you're dressed modestly, is it also okay to dance in front of men as long as you're wearing those same modest clothes?
Page 3 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise