Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Women going to coed gym?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:32 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
For those who say that there's no problem as long as you're dressed modestly, is it also okay to dance in front of men as long as you're wearing those same modest clothes?

I’m sorry but when was dancing and running on a treadmill the same thing?? Cmon that’s extreme. Dancing can be zexual. Working out is working out all sweaty and gross.
If a man gets turned on by a woman who is dressed all covered up on a treadmill that’s on him not her.

soap suds

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:33 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
After careful consideration, I am going to pasken that it is acceptable to eat the Kokosh, on the couch, in the velvet robe, as long as it is chocolate kokash.
Vanilla and cinnamon are NOT acceptable.
If you have a chocolate allergy, you may come and discuss the possibility of getting a heter, but it will depend on many factors, including but not limited to; what your reaction is, how severe the allergic reaction is, what types of treatments you have already endured to try to overcome the allergy, and what segulos you have tried.

EAT KOKOSH ON THE COUCH???? Don't you know Pesach is practically around the corner??? Never mind heart disease for lack of working out. This here is heart disease begging to happen. KEEP THAT KOKOSH AWAY FROM THE COUCH!!!

soap suds

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:38 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Exactly! Even at home She shouldn’t do certain movements like bending down to empty the dishwasher or washing the floors.

I could totally live with this. No bending to pick things up off the floor. No vigorous movements, like scrubbing greasy pans. No running up and down the stairs all day long. Just sit on the couch and eat (kosher lepesach) chocolate. That's the life. Whistling

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:41 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
That is completely inappropriate and not your place. Do you know what her budget looks like? Do you know if she has space for a machine?

A treadmill is less expensive than a year gym membership

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:07 am
NYC Public Gym Adult Membership--$150
Any treadmill sold for that price or less is almost guaranteed to break within the year.
(Never mind that a treadmill is not in any way a substitute for a complete gym.)

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:17 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
For those who say that there's no problem as long as you're dressed modestly, is it also okay to dance in front of men as long as you're wearing those same modest clothes?

Dancing is very different than running on a treadmill. Dancing can be s-xual. There is nothing attractive about a sweaty woman dressed appropriately running on a treadmill .

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 12:25 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Dancing is very different than running on a treadmill. Dancing can be s-xual. There is nothing attractive about a sweaty woman dressed appropriately running on a treadmill .

I think I would look super hot dressed in a snood, with a sports bra and baggy long sleeve t-shirt, shamatta skirt over leggings, and s-xy Newbalance sneakers-panting and shvitzing.
That is why I stay home on my couch!

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 1:02 am
I'm not here to argue the finer points of modestly. But one thing I can tell you is that people look at me MUCH less w hen I dress like everybody else, long leggings, short sleeve t-shirt, and uncovered hair - then when I went to the gym with a skirt and kerchief. just saying..
also, if your breasts are bouncing,... buy yourself a good sports bra.
Also, just take care of your own religiousity, and what someone else does is none of your business.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 1:15 am
I have never lived among chassidish people but my friends and neighbors and I have always gone to mixed gyms. Totally not a problem in my community. Everyone minds their own business. Married women who cover their hair keep their hair covered at the gym as well.
Married women who dont obviously dont cover at the gym either.

At the moment I run outside because it's what works for my schedule. Several of my Male neighbors are training for a marathon and we all see each other running all the time.
In my old neighborhood my rabbi ran a marathon every year and we always saw him out running.

singleagain

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:45 am
Ppl who keep saying buy a treadmill still aren't replying to lack of space in the living quarters.

What if there is no space in the home for exercise equipment?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:53 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
That’s fine, but many frum women do and frum organizations have teams to raise money.

And they ask shailos too.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:54 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I'm not here to argue the finer points of modestly. But one thing I can tell you is that people look at me MUCH less w hen I dress like everybody else, long leggings, short sleeve t-shirt, and uncovered hair - then when I went to the gym with a skirt and kerchief. just saying..
also, if your breasts are bouncing,... buy yourself a good sports bra.
Also, just take care of your own religiousity, and what someone else does is none of your business.

It's not a matter of how much people look at you. You could say that in the summer people will look at you less if you wear shorts and tee shirt. And that's faulty logic.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:08 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I seen it so much that modern or JPF people are frummer then chassidish when it comes to certain things.

Is it in real life or here on imamother?

The 2 are very very different.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:44 am
I wonder if that post was fake. Normally all walks of life who cover, will cover period ( outside the home, especially in their own city). Or maybe its otd chassidish who are just staying in the community and are lwmo on the inside.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:12 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Is it in real life or here on imamother?

The 2 are very very different.

IRL.
When we go to an indoor waterpark, the MO or JPF women and girls always wear full cover ups while many chassidish wear just bathing suits. A saw that at the beach in Miami as well, chassidish women in bathing suits.
I see alot when we go out to eat, the MO and JPF are very careful with washing and bentching out loud.
MO are more careful with sof z'man t'filla.

This is my observations in my experience.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:22 am
singleagain wrote:
Ppl who keep saying buy a treadmill still aren't replying to lack of space in the living quarters.

What if there is no space in the home for exercise equipment?

If you want it badly enough you make space. I’ve had a rower in my dining room and a treadmill in my kitchen at times. And most treadmills built for home use fold up.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:23 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
IRL.
When we go to an indoor waterpark, the MO or JPF women and girls always wear full cover ups while many chassidish wear just bathing suits. A saw that at the beach in Miami as well, chassidish women in bathing suits.
I see alot when we go out to eat, the MO and JPF are very careful with washing and bentching out loud.

Perhaps it’s just more noticeable when it’s someone chassidish. You may not realize the others are even Jewish. I have seen many chassidish women dressed as they normally do at the beach as well.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:26 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
IRL.

If they are just in regular bathing suits how are you identifying them as chassidish?

I’m having a very hard time believing that these women who wear thick stockings with seems and double head coverings and don’t drive because apparently driving isn’t tznius are running around in bathing suits.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:31 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
If they are just in regular bathing suits how are you identifying them as chassidish?

I’m having a very hard time believing that these women who wear thick stockings with seems and double head coverings and don’t drive because apparently driving isn’t tznius are running around in bathing suits.

Their turbans are giving them away.
As does their Yiddish speaking and boys with long payos.
Many people think that hashem doesn't go along with them when they go on vacation.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:33 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Perhaps it’s just more noticeable when it’s someone chassidish. You may not realize the others are even Jewish. I have seen many chassidish women dressed as they normally do at the beach as well.

Of course many dress tzenuis at the beach.
But some don't.
Page 4 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise