Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Whats your favorite eye liner and why?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:25 pm
Im looking for a new eye liner. needs to stay on a long time, waterproof. I used to use a gel type of eye liner that came in a pot and you apply with a tiny brush. It looks amazing but I noticed my eyelashes kept falling out because the eye liner stuck to the lashes and pulled them out whenever I rubbed my eye or removed my makeup.
I tried a liquid eye liner and it was so watery and didnt apply evenly. Maybe I dont have a steady hand but I can work on that. I just didnt like how it looked.
I tried a felt tip marker but it sort of looked like I colored with a perm marker on my eyes it didnt have a creamy make up look.
I tried the pencil type you need to sharpen and it was so light , didnt apply very well.
I tried the kind that comes as a stick that you keep twisting up as you need it but it didnt glide and tip kept breaking every time I used it.
Then I thought maybe Im using the wrong brands.

Im getting frustrated. whats a good eye liner, waterproof, stays on a whole day, that is creamy (looks like makeup and not like marker)
but doesnt stick to eyelashes ?
what brand is it ? what type of eye liner is it? and why do you like it?

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:27 pm
Stila smudgestick
Lasts until I take it off, never itches, glides on nicely.

joss3

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:35 pm
Maybelline Eyestudio Master Precise All Day Liquid.

Not hard to use, has a really good pointy tip for thin application, and stays on all day.

Just a tip, practice putting on eyeliner before taking off your makeup at night, rather than when you’re starting your day.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:55 pm
While we are discussing eyeliner, I need one that I can put on in Friday afternoon and will look great on Shabbos. Not smudge all over my face when I am sleeping and will still be there and look great.
It is really ridiculous thatI avoid going out on Shabbos because I hate how I look.
Please help

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 6:02 pm
Use everyday minerals brand. You get a jar of loose powder and then you buy a eye liner pencil from their site as well that looks like a paint brush. You apply the powdered liner with the brush. It sounds difficult but it’s really easy (this coming from someone who can’t apply liquid liner properly). As for shabbos you need to ask your rav. Some rabbis don’t allow any eye makeup regardless but any rav who allows eye makeup on shabbos at all will first allow this one because it’s a loose powder and this not considered long lasting etc. great for Friday night Mikva lol

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 6:03 pm
Are any of these easy to apply? Im so bad at this. I have such an unsteady hand.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 6:06 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Stila smudgestick
Lasts until I take it off, never itches, glides on nicely.

What is the name of the color you use? I want to order a black one online, but they all have interesting names, not sure which one is regular black...

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 6:06 pm
https://www.mirabellabeauty.co.....liner

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 6:07 pm
Trish McEvoy gel liner. It's a pencil u sharpen but it's a dark nice color. Arabian nights is a stunning navy blue color.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 6:16 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Use everyday minerals brand. You get a jar of loose powder and then you buy a eye liner pencil from their site as well that looks like a paint brush. You apply the powdered liner with the brush. It sounds difficult but it’s really easy (this coming from someone who can’t apply liquid liner properly). As for shabbos you need to ask your rav. Some rabbis don’t allow any eye makeup regardless but any rav who allows eye makeup on shabbos at all will first allow this one because it’s a loose powder and this not considered long lasting etc. great for Friday night Mikva lol

Not looking for one that is possibly permissible to apply on Shabbos. I am looking for one that I can apply on Friday afternoon and wake up looking beautiful!

My sister had recommended Pat McGrath Labs, but I am finding it smears and gives me a black line in the crease.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 6:18 pm
A while back I saw on this site someone recommended Marc Jacobs gel eyeliner as long lasting so I tried it and love it. It goes on well and wears well and I don’t need to sharpen. Pricey though!

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 6:18 pm
I find these the easiest for me to apply -

Kat Von D tattoo liner

Tarte maneater liquid eyeliner

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 6:21 pm
fenty flyliner
kat von d liquid eyeliner

both extremely long-wearing, easy to apply, thin applicator, major color payoff.

Librarian

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 6:29 pm
I don't know why but I have a big problem with eyeliner "bleeding". The best one for me that has the least amount of melting is the Lancome pencil. If you have similar issue I would recommend that one.

sleepybeauty

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:58 pm
This is my favorite liquid liner:
https://tartecosmetics.com/en_.....aw.ds

It lasts all day, but the edges wear off overnight. When I want it to stay the whole shabbos, I use the urban decay primer potion, and it keeps my eyeshadow and eyeliner perfect.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 7:59 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
What is the name of the color you use? I want to order a black one online, but they all have interesting names, not sure which one is regular black...

I think stingray is the black.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:00 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Not looking for one that is possibly permissible to apply on Shabbos. I am looking for one that I can apply on Friday afternoon and wake up looking beautiful!

My sister had recommended Pat McGrath Labs, but I am finding it smears and gives me a black line in the crease.

Stila smudgestick lasts very nicely.

freilicheima

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:14 pm
Stila Stay All Day doesn't budge. I put it on Friday afternoon to wear over Shabbos, and it doesn't move. Especially when you put Urban Decay Primer Potion on before you apply it. Then, spray Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. No movement at all.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:04 pm
even more overwhelmed now with all the choices. but good starting point.
do people usually prefer liquid over gel or creamy types? whats the pros and cons of each?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:16 pm
Maybeline Eye Studio for a drugstore one. It’s a gel pot. I apply before mascara and after before Shabbos.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics