Home

What dishes does the spice tumeric go into?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Fab4




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:35 am
I bought tumeric thinking it was something else. I'm wondering what sort of dish it would go with. Chicken and rice I assume? How about frozen mixed veg and egg omelette? Tia
Back to top

MiracleMama




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:38 am
I use tumeric in a lot of dishes, but usually in combination with others - like cumin, coriander, ginger, etc. I use on roasts, in rice and lentils, oven-roasted veggies.... I do use tumeric in egg dishes, usually with cayenne and garlic. I like tumeric with garlic powder and nutritional yeast on roasted cauliflower. It has a cheesy look and taste.

Last edited by MiracleMama on Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:39 am
I just used it the other day on cauliflower.

(put frozen cauliflower into pan. Spray liberally with oil spray. Spice with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and turmeric, plus a little salt. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes.)
Back to top

hodeez




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:40 am
I use it to add color to my food, so anything from meat to chicken to rice to roasted veggies
Back to top

samantha87




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:45 am
Just beware of staining. It can turn your clothes yellow or orange and it's hard to get out.
Back to top

jewishmom6




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:47 am
I use it in rice and cauliflower.
Back to top

shmosmom




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 12:06 pm
I make a really good soup with onions, squash, chicken, a potato and some spinach.
The spices are salt, pepper, oregano, cumin and turmeric.
So good.
Back to top

corolla




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 12:52 pm
Goes really well with paprika and cumin in Moroccan fish.
Back to top

Learning




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 1:01 pm
Omelet chicken soup
Back to top

shanie5




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 3:17 pm
Cucumber salad! I went from almost never making it (or eating it) to making it every shabbos!
Back to top

Fab4




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 4:30 pm
Thank you all for chiming in. I tried it in my veg/egg and I really liked it! I'll definitely be using it more often as I'm trying to lose weight now so anything to make my food taste even better Smile
Back to top

Fab4




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 4:31 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Cucumber salad! I went from almost never making it (or eating it) to making it every shabbos!


Interesting! I'll have to try that. Do you sprinkle it liberally or not so much?
Back to top

preciousmommy




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 4:36 pm
Do you have Kosher By Design Entertains? The popcorn cauliflower recipe is yummy and calls for tumeric. It’s why I have tumeric in my pantry.
Back to top

Fab4




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 5:09 pm
preciousmommy wrote:
Do you have Kosher By Design Entertains? The popcorn cauliflower recipe is yummy and calls for tumeric. It’s why I have tumeric in my pantry.


No I don't have that one. Can you post the recipe please?
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 7:41 pm
steinhad wrote:
No I don't have that one. Can you post the recipe please?


Cauliflower Popcorn
24 oz bag frozen mini cauliflower florets (2 heads fresh cut into florets)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric
6-8 tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 450.
Line a cookie sheet sized pan with foil.
In a large bowl, combine the salt, sugar , onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, turmeric, and oil. Add still frozen cauliflower florets and toss to evenly coat.
Place in a single layer on prepared sheet
Roast uncovered for 30-35 minutes.

(Or you can spray the cauliflower generously with oil spray, mix up all spices until evenly combined, and sprinkle over sprayed cauliflower, tossing and you go.)
Back to top

Marathon




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 7:57 pm
I make a heaven tilapia recipe from the table for two cookbook with turmeric
Back to top

preciousmommy




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:04 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Cauliflower Popcorn
24 oz bag frozen mini cauliflower florets (2 heads fresh cut into florets)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric
6-8 tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 450.
Line a cookie sheet sized pan with foil.
In a large bowl, combine the salt, sugar , onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, turmeric, and oil. Add still frozen cauliflower florets and toss to evenly coat.
Place in a single layer on prepared sheet
Roast uncovered for 30-35 minutes.

(Or you can spray the cauliflower generously with oil spray, mix up all spices until evenly combined, and sprinkle over sprayed cauliflower, tossing and you go.)


Yes, this! Thanks ra_mom.

I usually toss my cauliflower with the spices in a ziploc bag. So easy and yum.

But I agree with a PP, beware of staining.
Back to top

shanie5




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 14 2020, 9:52 am
steinhad wrote:
Interesting! I'll have to try that. Do you sprinkle it liberally or not so much?

I start with 1/2 tsp and add if needed. I use 2 needless cucumbers-long ones.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection

Related Topics Replies Last Post
China Dishes- Where to buy online?
by susanp
1 Thu, Sep 17 2020, 12:57 am View last post
Dishes in drainer aka household blindness
by amother
23 Wed, Aug 12 2020, 10:51 am View last post
Spice cabinet
by amother
6 Mon, Aug 10 2020, 12:34 am View last post
Dairy dishes
by amother
1 Sat, Aug 08 2020, 11:57 pm View last post
Is soap with milk protein in ingredients ok with meat dishes
by amother
6 Sun, Jul 12 2020, 12:31 am View last post