Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
When will the coronavirus be over?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 7:11 pm
I want to be able to order stuff from China.

simba

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:00 pm
They’re are many people sick and dying. This should be your biggest issue.
The virus doesn’t last on packages for 6 weeks, go ahead and order.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:06 pm
Are you serious?

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:12 pm
I think this is logistically going to affect us in many ways - Kashrus, food, medicine, clothing, general goods.

My DHs work is already affected as some of his suppliers are out of stock and it could be mints until they restock as the entire supply chain is down. They aren’t even making the raw materials.

pizzapie

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:12 pm
Wow. Literally hundreds of people are dying, thousands are sick and afraid and you're worried about ordering packages from China?! Be thankful that you dont live in an area that's infected and pray that the virus doesn't become a worldwide epidemic.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:33 pm
....Mom?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:36 pm
It will be over May 24,
at 6:16am.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:57 pm
simba wrote:
They’re are many people sick and dying. This should be your biggest issue.
The virus doesn’t last on packages for 6 weeks, go ahead and order.

Suppliers in quarantined areas are not able to ship out, leading to back ups in many areas.

nchr

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 9:02 pm
Probably spring time..

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 9:02 pm
IY"H this will be over soon R"L.
So sad for the millions of people affected by death, suffering, and quarantine...
There was a big davening at the Kotel that this epidemic end.
there is a real concern that this could become a huge serious global pandemic which hopefully it will not.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 9:03 pm
nchr wrote:
Probably spring time..

And travel with the flu around the world?

etky

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 12:29 am
double post

Last edited by etky on Tue, Feb 18 2020, 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

etky

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 12:31 am
etky wrote:
When will it be over?
It hasn't yet begun for us here in Israel and I live in dread of reading the news each morning for fear that the first patient has been offiicially diagnosed.
Authorities say it could be here any minute and some say that is is already here just not yet officially.
And on Thursday the passengers from the 'Corona Ship" arrive from Japan and go straight into isolation at Sheba hospital.
All systems are gearing up for this and everyone is hoping that the outcome is not too devastating.
There is even talk of how to allow people in "home quarantine" (those returning from the Far East have to go into home isolation for 2 weeks) to somehow vote. We're talking about thousands of people who legally should not be walking around in public, although a good number most likely are.
Doesn't help that some take public transportation home from the airport before they supposedly go into "home quarantine".

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 12:35 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
It will be over May 24,
at 6:16am.

Two thousand and what? I want to write it in my planner.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 12:41 am
Our factory couldn't produce our products. So we cannot fulfill our orders for the stores and are losing out on the current shopping season. But we are just one of many. Tons of business affected. For now I'm trying to be grateful and working on being hopeful that things will ease up soon and that everyone stays safe.

Rappel

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 12:43 am
flowerpower wrote:
Two thousand and what? I want to write it in my planner.

Ask the Mayans. Smile

mamma llama

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 12:50 am
Tbqh, the coronavirus isn't even that scary. The people in China are dying because their corrupt government is trying to cover up the virus instead of providing medical support.

Nobody in the U.S. needs to be worried. Minus complications, it's like a really bad cold.

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 12:54 am
The economic impact could be crippling.

With increased globalization, the supply chain of almost every major industry relies partly on Chinese manufacturing.

Here's a disturbing thought: in the pharmaceutical industry, many active ingredients are manufactured in China. A stoppage in production could result in a global scarcity of medicines.

Definitely an argument against massive globalization of our economy.

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 1:00 am
mamma llama wrote:
Nobody in the U.S. needs to be worried. Minus complications, it's like a really bad cold.

Complications... like death? The common cold does not have a 5% fatality rate.

What percentage of people who contract a common cold -- even in China pre-outbreak -- die as a result?

mamma llama

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 2:11 am
DrMom wrote:
Complications... like death? The common cold does not have a 5% fatality rate.

Most of those people who died were already in a state of poor health so their immune systems couldn't fight it. I mean complications like pneumonia, which someone could chalila develop from a cold.

It's what I gathered from the articles that I read...
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics