Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Another stabbing in Monsey
1  2  Next

Blessing1

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 5:06 pm
There was a stabbing at the Finkelstein library today, the victim died!
When will this madness end?????

Marathon

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 5:10 pm
She wasnt jewish. Theres probably a story behind the story.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 5:17 pm
Marathon wrote:

There’s usually a story behind it when he victim is Jewish too. This is so sad :-( my heart goes out to the victims family and friends.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 5:17 pm
Marathon wrote:

She was an employee at the library.

Why is there "probably a story" when a non-Jew is stabbed? would there not be a "story" if she were Jewish?

Blessing1

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 5:24 pm
Marathon wrote:

I don't get this comment.
The vicitm not being Jewish doesn't make it any less scary. So many Jews are always at the library. And by now we know that the stabbers don't care if their victims are Jewish or not.
And why would their probably be a story behind it? Bh the library employee's acted quick and were able to old down the attacker till help arrived so he couldn't go on attacking other people.

little neshamala

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 5:29 pm
It's not any better that the victim wasnt Jewish. But is comforting to know that it wasnt a Jewish victim, as in, the stabber wasnt out to stab Jews. It wasnt a randon stabbing spree. He purposely went to stab this one employee, as he had a personal connection with her.
Absolutely horrific and tragic, my heart goes out to her family.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 5:30 pm
little neshamala wrote:
It's not any better that the victim wasnt Jewish. But is comforting to know that it wasnt a Jewish victim, as in, the stabber wasnt out to stab Jews. It wasnt a randon stabbing spree. He purposely went to stab this one employee, as he had a personal connection with her.
Absolutely horrific and tragic, my heart goes out to her family.

Do you know this for certain?

Marathon

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 5:32 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Why is there "probably a story" when a non-Jew is stabbed? would there not be a "story" if she were Jewish?

They stab jews because they're jewish. Usually anyone not jewish stabbed or attacked is because theres a background story

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 5:38 pm
OMG! Are there any news articles? Sending warmth and healing to her family!

groisamomma

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 5:52 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

If a Yid doesn't feel a sigh of relief, anything at all, hearing that it wasn't an anti-semitic attack, then something is very wrong.

Sending prayers to her family. No matter who she was, she did not deserve it and they need support from everyone, Jews and non-Jews alike.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 6:09 pm
groisamomma wrote:
If a Yid doesn't feel a sigh of relief, anything at all, hearing that it wasn't an anti-semitic attack, then something is very wrong.

Sending prayers to her family. No matter who she was, she did not deserve it and they need support from everyone, Jews and non-Jews alike.

I'm relieved the victim isn't Jewish. But it doesn't calm me down a bit because many Jews are always at the library. The attacker was held down, who knows what he would have done if not for these quick thinking people that held him down?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 6:12 pm
As far as I heard it was the female security guard that was stabbed by her boyfriend after they got into a dispute. It’s still scary and sad, no matter who it happened to.

octopus

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 6:13 pm
Omg! She died? None of the news outlets I'm reading reported that.

ETA: I see now, that yes, the reports are she is dead. How absolutely awful:(

Blessing1

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 6:23 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
As far as I heard it was the female security guard that was stabbed by her boyfriend after they got into a dispute. It’s still scary and sad, no matter who it happened to.

Oy it's scary that a security guard couldn't defend herself.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 9:48 pm
Marathon wrote:
They stab jews because they're jewish. Usually anyone not jewish stabbed or attacked is because theres a background story

This is such a strange comment.

momX4

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:09 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

She was in her 50s. The murderer is 25. I dont think it was a boyfriend, but I guess its possible

nchr

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:13 pm
Marathon wrote:

I know you were raised to think that way, but there are random acts against non Jewish individuals too. Was 9-11 an attack against Jews or a personal vendetta against the builder of the twin towers?Nonetheless, I guess gang violence is often targetted or against rival gangs, but there are stray bullets, innocent bystanders, etc. There are school shootings, crazy drivers, attacks against other groups, etc.

mom2mysouls

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:40 pm
momX4 wrote:
She was in her 50s. The murderer is 25. I dont think it was a boyfriend, but I guess its possible

True that.

I think its a rumor, I didnt see it on the news.

Its scary bc who knows if his intention was to stab other people, but first wanted security out of his way. Who knows?!

She was constantly on check and was a really nice person.

aliavi

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:59 pm
nchr wrote:
I know you were raised to think that way, but there are random acts against non Jewish individuals too. Was 9-11 an attack against Jews or a personal vendetta against the builder of the twin towers?Nonetheless, I guess gang violence is often targetted or against rival gangs, but there are stray bullets, innocent bystanders, etc. There are school shootings, crazy drivers, attacks against other groups, etc.

The overwhelming majority of violent attacks are domestic violence. Statistically a fact. Similarly, most child pervos are known to their victims. School shootings by students means they knew their peers. Stats are not separated by Jew and non Jew.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 11:08 pm
momX4 wrote:

Just came to post this. She was 52.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics