Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Amazon mistake, wwyd
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:20 pm
I received a package I ordered a package from Amazon but on there app they have it as not received and are giving me the option of having another one sent out. am I crazy for even thinking of actually doing it?

das

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:22 pm
Seriously?!

Here's your answer:
Lo signov.

amother
Floralwhite

Be yosher! Be honest!
What a zchus to make a huge kiddush Hashem!

mig100

Not crazy at all. Please do. Having an order not complete can jeapordize theur account. It's a million times over worthy for the seller to send yoy a free one to avoid a possible complaint.

I'm sure other Amazon seller will agree. Let's hear from them

lilies

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:23 pm
Not crazy, just human. Hope you do the right thing.

gdgirl

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:24 pm
My question is:
If they sent me 2 of something, instead of the 1 I ordered, am I required to go to the trouble of shipping it back....my DH thinks I should

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:25 pm
Be careful sometimes it doesn’t show as delivered right away but will a few days later. But regardless, just no.

ohmygosh

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:26 pm
I don't even understand how a frum Jew can even ask the question OP is asking. The question really is, should I steal or not? I'd you're ok with stealing, then I guess you'd be ok with doing that.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:28 pm
There is a concept in halacha called ta'us akum. It's not so simple that this is stealing. AYLOR.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I received a package I ordered a package from Amazon but on there app they have it as not received and are giving me the option of having another one sent out. am I crazy for even thinking of actually doing it?

You’re not crazy, your yetser hara is trying to get you to sin by stealing. Resist and do the right thing.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:30 pm
mig100 wrote:
Not crazy at all. Please do. Having an order not complete can jeapordize theur account. It's a million times over worthy for the seller to send yoy a free one to avoid a possible complaint.

This is a frum site and encouraging her to sin is against the rules

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:30 pm
gdgirl wrote:
My question is:
If they sent me 2 of something, instead of the 1 I ordered, am I required to go to the trouble of shipping it back....my DH thinks I should

You call them and ask you what to do. They won’t make you go through the trouble and expense of having to go and pay.

das

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:31 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
There is a concept in halacha called ta'us akum. It's not so simple that this is stealing. AYLOR.

A large number of Amazon sellers are Jewish.

gdgirl

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:32 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
You call them and ask you what to do. They won’t make you go through the trouble and expense of having to go and pay.

Its free to return when I process online, but I need to print label and bring it to ship or be home for ups pickup and Im too lazy to do that when it isn't my fault

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:34 pm
gdgirl wrote:
My question is:

Email them. They'll probably tell you to keep it. At least ask if they can do a free ups pickup.

My4Jewels

Op you are asking us if we think you should be honest? Um yes

simba

amother [ Peach ] wrote:

Ta'us akum is when they make a mistake and send her two but only charge her for one. Here she has to do something in order to get another of something she already received. I would consider it stealing.

lilies

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:36 pm
ohmygosh wrote:
I don't even understand how a frum Jew can even ask the question OP is asking. The question really is, should I steal or not? I'd you're ok with stealing, then I guess you'd be ok with doing that.

Op asked if she's crazy for thinking of doing something wrong.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:38 pm
mig100 wrote:

This is rationalizing at its finest. All it takes is to contact Amazon via phone or chat and let them know they can mark the item as delivered and received. Then there is no issue for the seller and no ethically wrong behavior for the buyer.

And, as an Amazon seller, I wholly disagree with your premise. I can always easily resolve a complaint like this with a tracking number. It leaves no blemish or record on my account.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:50 pm
I had similar with a Ralph Lauren order. I made a big order and it didn't show up, but it was marked as delivered. I called up Ralph Lauren and they said they'll send me a new one right away. I got the new package. About a week later my upstairs neighbor came and gave me the original one, she said they left it in her front hall and she hadn't looked at it until now. I debated keeping the extra clothes for half a second and then called Ralph Lauren telling them the story, they said I can keep the clothes. A day or two later a UPS driver knocked on my door with flowers. He said thank you for being honest and calling back about finding your order. I said what do you mean? He said he dropped off the first one and since it was reported lost by Ralph Lauren to UPS and it was on his route they thought he stole it. Since Ralph reported it found he got back his job and his reputation. Made me glad I did the right thing.
I know your story is different, but give them a call, see what they say.
Also, I had a target order delivered which wasn't marked delivered on their website but they never called or re-delivered and I didn't call them either because I got the item.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions