Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I Wanna Lose Hundred Pounds. Fast
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:20 pm
I seriously can't handle this anymore
how do I lose weight?
whatever you're gonna say, I'll tell you that I already tried.
what now?

applesbananas

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:23 pm
Have you gone for therapy to get to the bottom of the issue.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:24 pm
low carbohydrate, calorie controlled diet.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:31 pm
I felt like you. Was very overweight, tried everything and couldn’t handle anymore. I’m ten months post gastric bypass, 100 lbs down and counting. It’s not a quick fix, it’s hard work and I can honestly say I’ve never worked harder in my life. But it was the best best decision I’ve ever made for myself.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:59 pm
Tape worm.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:04 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Tape worm.

What the

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:06 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Tape worm.

lol bet you haven't tried that!

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:09 pm
No carbs. zero zip zilch.

Raindropsonrose

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:22 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

You know carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy, right? And that it would be incredibly difficult to cut out all carbs (not sugars)?

Last edited by Raindropsonrose on Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Librarian

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:22 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

I respectfully disagree. Even fruits and vegetables contain carbs. Cutting out refined sugar would be a huge step. Refined sugar acts as a drug and makes you crave more and more. But gastric bypass may be your best bet. From what I understand the more complete procedure available has been proven to change the biome in your stomach which helps maintain the weight loss. Your metobolism essentially changes to that of one who has a naturally thin metabolism.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:23 pm
htb wrote:
You know carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy, right? And that we can’t survive without them?

Actually, your body converts carbs to sugar. And it does the same with protein and fat, just that the latter two it does more slowly, leading to a fuller feeling for longer and less sugar spikes.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:24 pm
htb wrote:
You know carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy, right? And that we can’t survive without them?

Sure we can. People are living on the keto plan for years and keeping their energy up. I personally can't live like that, but clearly others can and do and thrive.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:27 pm
When people say no carbs that they are not referring to non-starchy vegetables like spinach,
kale, romaine, cabbage, etc.

They are referring to grains (bread, pasta, cake/cookies), rice, corn and potatoes.
(and of course sugar and high-fructose corn syrup - the worst!)

Also some fruit may be considered too high in sugar.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:35 pm
I had bariatric surgery in order to have a hip replacement
I lost 180 lbs in less than a year

Librarian

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:38 pm
My husband needed to lose 75 lbs. His weight had been yo-yoing all his life. He did not want to have surgery and the 2 nutritionists he had gone to were of no help. Finally he found a nutritionist in Brooklyn who among other restrictions most significantly forbade refined sugar of any type. He also only permitted Truvia, no other sweetener. My husband lost all the weight and has kept it off for over 6 years bli ayin horah. He is in his fifties and had never been able to maintain his weight loss until he cut out the refined sugar. He is able to stick to his diet because he no longer experiences the cravings that sugar causes. I personally eat sugar and love diet soda so I am not preaching healthy life-style choices. I am just reporting the wonderful result of cutting out refined sugar. I wish you much hatzlocha in your quest for health. You will feel like a new person and it will be well worth it!

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:41 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Sure we can. People are living on the keto plan for years and keeping their energy up. I personally can't live like that, but clearly others can and do and thrive.

Yes, this. The keto diet is a real thing. I think it's maximum 40 carbs a day. From all sources. Some say it's net carbs but others are machmir....

IvriAnochi

Liposuction

amother
Vermilion

You tried everything,
you know your body and your psyche.

You have the answer, you need to come up with the solution that you can personally realize.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:49 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Yes, this. The keto diet is a real thing. I think it's maximum 40 carbs a day. From all sources. Some say it's net carbs but others are machmir....

Its not sustainable , I have never met someone at WW or Bariatric support group that was able to do keto more than a year

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:58 pm
I’m following the weight watchers plan.
Yes, I once tried it before and I couldn’t do it so I claimed “it didn’t work “ but now I’m committed and seeing the weight come off so it motivates me to keep sticking with it.
I don’t need to loose as much as you but I’m part of their chat group where people post how they are doing and I’m always amazed that people loose 100+ Lbs on this plan! It’s amazing to see people posting their before, during and after pictures.
It doesn’t matter what you tried before. What ever you decide to do about weight loss, it will only work if you stick with it .
The HARDEST part is the first week as you are figuring out what you can eat on the plan. After that first week you’ll see that you really CAN do it!
I highly recommend weight watchers!
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise