Home

What would you appreciate getting from dh after trip?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


fraid06




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:18 am
Dh is on a week long trip in Europe ( mekomos hakdoshim) with a group of friends, and he mentioned he would like to get me something when he comes home but he doesn't know what. What would be something that I would enjoy and make him feel good that he got it? I wanna suggest him several ideas to choose from. (Doesn't necessarily have to be available in airport).
Please share from your experience. TIA.
Back to top

amother




Seafoam
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:21 am
Mints
Back to top

simba




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:23 am
A local souvenir that shows he is thing of you while away .. anything that the airport sells you can get anywhere.
Back to top

cnc




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:23 am
Chocolates!
Back to top

amother




Sienna
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:26 am
Anything Swarovski. A small charm for necklace...
Back to top

amother




Yellow
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:34 am
Something that the location he's at is known for.
Back to top

amother




Brown
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:54 am
b
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 9:59 am
I had a keychain collection, when I was a kid I always asked for a keychain from wherever someone went.

My brother still does it sometimes.


But why are you asking us what you would like? You know what to would like best. Even if that may be nothing at all. Unless gifts are his love language and up are trying to respect that, them ask for a local trinket. Or something practical with a theme of the place.

Ie. Salt and pepper shakers shaped like the Eiffel tower
Back to top

SuperWify




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 10:01 am
How much does he want to spend?

When my dh went away for a week he bought me a sterling silver necklace. I thought it was very sweet.
Back to top

amother




Seagreen
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 10:11 am
I would want a day off when he comes back!!! And a couple nights of takeout!
Back to top

amother




Jetblack
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 10:14 am
Personally, something from the location he is at.
But if you want a guitar, that’s great.
Back to top

fraid06




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 10:15 am
singleagain wrote:



But why are you asking us what you would like? You know what to would like best. Even if that may be nothing at all. Unless gifts are his love language and up are trying to respect that, them ask for a local trinket. Or something practical with a theme of the place.

Ie. Salt and pepper shakers shaped like the Eiffel tower

I'm very non-imaginative in this. If I want something, I get it myself. If I don't, I don't see the point in getting it as a gift. So I wanna hear other's experiences.


Last edited by fraid06 on Fri, Feb 28 2020, 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

amother




Ecru
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 10:20 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I would want a day off when he comes back!!! And a couple nights of takeout!


Thumbs Up
Back to top

amother




Tangerine
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 10:40 am
Twice my dh went away and left a gift for me when he left. Once it was a perfume that he knew I wanted (which incidentally, can be bought in the airport, if that's your thing,) and the other time it was money to buy new boots.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 11:32 am
fraid06 wrote:
Dh is on a week long trip in Europe ( mekomos hakdoshim) with a group of friends, and he mentioned he would like to get me something when he comes home but he doesn't know what. What would be something that I would enjoy and make him feel good that he got it? I wanna suggest him several ideas to choose from. (Doesn't necessarily have to be available in airport).
Please share from your experience. TIA.

If this was imafather, I'd suggest that he send a surprise chocolate arrangement delivery for shabbos with a handwritten love note. Very Happy
Back to top

avrahamama




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 11:35 am
I'm the worst. All the souvenirs are made in China anyway lol.

I never want anything.

Depending on where you are maybe some of the fun foods from there. French cheeses and meats. Swiss chocolates. Etc.
Back to top

amother




Azure
 

Post  Fri, Feb 28 2020, 11:37 am
His return will be the best gift he can ever give you.
I hope.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Are BP stores getting more (plain) Cream Cheese before YT?
by amother
29 Sun, May 24 2020, 9:53 pm View last post
If someone is getting well paid
by amother
15 Thu, May 21 2020, 8:15 am View last post
Jerusalem pilot trip- community/area help!
by amother
15 Tue, May 19 2020, 5:16 am View last post
How is Rivky Stein is doing? Did she end up getting her get?
by amother
11 Sun, May 17 2020, 4:44 pm View last post
[ Poll ] Are you afraid of getting it?
by amother
49 Thu, May 14 2020, 11:43 am View last post

Jump to: