Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How to set up small nursery

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 5:24 pm
I have a small room. I need to fit in a changing table, crib, and place to nurse the baby in the middle of the night. I prefer to lie down when I nurse, like on a twin bed. I dont think I can fit a twin AND a crib though. A small couch with pull out foot stool? I could probably fit a reclining chair. I was thinking to maybe do a wall mounted changing table like they have in public bathrooms to save space. I know they have dresser/changing table combos, but a tall dresser would take up less room. There are also crib/changing table combos but it seems like those changing tables are tiny and would only work until about 12 months.
Would love ideas and links.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 5:35 pm
I would probably go for a recliner.

Check the weight limit for a wall mounted changing table. You might find that by the time the baby is a year old they are not safe. Once the baby is old enough to be mobile, you'll probably find yourself just using a changing mat on any convenient surface, anyway.

If you go for the bed, at least you'll have a bed ready for him when he gets older.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 5:39 pm
Ha! Our nursery is a pack n play In a closet. That’s small! What your describing sounds like a regular room if it can fit a twin bed!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 5:44 pm
If you want to save space, a changing table really isn't necessary. It's just a klutz that takes up space.

jfk92

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 5:50 pm
My son is 20 months. Still using the table Thats attatched to his crib. Not too small for him yet. If that helps your decision.

teachkids

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 5:52 pm
If you have a twin bed in there you don’t need a changing table, just have a set aside mat to change baby on on the bed. It’s hard on your back though unless you sit on the bed next to baby.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 5:54 pm
teachkids wrote:
If you have a twin bed in there you don’t need a changing table, just have a set aside mat to change baby on on the bed. It’s hard on your back though unless you sit on the bed next to baby.

There is no twin in there. I can have EITHER a twin or a crib, not both. Or could a twin and squish in a tiny pack n play.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 5:55 pm
Or you can do the Montessori method and just do a twin mattress on the floor, no crib. You can use the bed as a changing table too (I do that all the time, never owned a changing table - it was always bed or floor).

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 5:57 pm
We bought a 33" bed and crib so that both would fit

challahchallah

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 7:46 pm
What about a crib and a roll up mat on the floor that you would just unroll for overnight?

real israeli

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 8:26 pm
I change my baby in his porta-crib
I don’t own a changing table. Have multiple children.
When they get old enough to stand up I transfer them to full size crib. Till then they’re higher up which makes changing them easier

challahchallah

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 9:00 pm
Also, how far away from your room is the nursery? I always brought baby back to my room to nurse, even when they were sleeping on their own in the nursery.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 9:04 pm
challahchallah wrote:
Also, how far away from your room is the nursery? I always brought baby back to my room to nurse, even when they were sleeping on their own in the nursery.

I am at one end of the hallway, baby is all the way at the other end. probably about 45-50 feet away.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 9:27 pm
Keep baby in master till he/she sleeps thru the night. Then move him/her out no nursing area necessary..

shanarishona

Post Sun, Mar 01 2020, 10:37 pm
Mini crib?

I think having a changing table is really helpful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics